Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amir3000 weighs in on the debate via Twitter

IamAmirJohnson

RT @bsewell5: Espn has the Raps as the worst team in the east this upcoming year. #haters @IamAmirJohnson we gon prove them wrong!! about 1 hour ago via Echofon

* Retweet
    http://twitter.com/IamAmirJohnson
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I don't get how we are worse than Indiana, Detroit, Nets, or Cavs.

Comment

New York Knicks 8th seed?? why?

New York Knicks 8th seed?? why? Because of Amare and Felton...give me a break!!
        Ahh... this is because the biased American media wishing New York actually had a good team.

The top 6 teams in the ranking make sense.
        The only other thing that makes sense is that there will be very few
        wins of difference between 7th and 15th spot;

In my opinion the bottom 4 are Nets, Raptors , Knicks and Cavs;
        and I think the Raps will better than all these teams, so that' d make them the 11th seed;

Comment

The Jays were predicted to lose 100 games this season and finish near the bottom with Baltimore.
          Definitely no reason to overreact, especially to ESPN's drivel.

Comment

It's a toss up but I think the Raptors will compete for worst team in the conference. Does anyone know where Arsenalist's Colangelo's 10 Biggest Mistakes article went? I read it this morning and it wasnt on the site when I got to work.

Comment

[QUOTE=C Boy; Colangelo is not finished yet IMO.

Im with bc boy on this one, I expect at least one good mid-season trade. the U.s ecomony sucks and 4sure attendance will be down for a few hurting thfranchise and are gonna have to unload$$$$$

Comment

photoman wrote: View Post
                The Jays were predicted to lose 100 games this season and finish near the bottom with Baltimore.
                Definitely no reason to overreact, especially to ESPN's drivel.
                Ok I hate to be the partybreaker here but all of you guys are overrating this team TOO much. Did you forget where they had the Raptors last season?? ninth in the standings with a 39-43 record, that pretty much exactly what we had the previous season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...-EastStandings

I'm don't think the Raptors will be as bad as they have us on their standings this season, but lets not overate this team.

What Im saying is lets not expect too much from this team.
                Last edited by matt; Mon Aug 9, 2010, 02:01 PM.

Comment

benitonicoya wrote: View Post
                  New York Knicks 8th seed?? why? Because of Amare and Felton...give me a break!!
                  Ahh... this is because the biased American media wishing New York actually had a good team.

The top 6 teams in the ranking make sense.
                  The only other thing that makes sense is that there will be very few
                  wins of difference between 7th and 15th spot;

In my opinion the bottom 4 are Nets, Raptors , Knicks and Cavs;
                  and I think the Raps will better than all these teams, so that' d make them the 11th seed;
                  They also added Azubuike, Turiaf and Anthony Randolph... They're better than the Raptors and have a far better coach. I think 8th seed is a legit prediction for them.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    They also added Azubuike, Turiaf and Anthony Randolph... They're better than the Raptors and have a far better coach. I think 8th seed is a legit prediction for them.
                    Yea but the also re-added Isaiah Thomas.
                    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

As a consultant. He'll probably offer prospect advice/analysis, something he's always been very good as doing. His problems stemmed around managing money, not evaluating young talent.

Comment

They also added Azubuike, Turiaf and Anthony Randolph... They're better than the Raptors [COLOR="rgb(0, 0, 0)"]and have a far better coach.[/COLOR] I think 8th seed is a legit prediction for them.
                        Have a far better coach?

Triano was 40-42 in his first season as an NBA coach

D'Antoni baloney was 35 - 76 in his first two seasons. He was lucky that his first season was a short one

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...antomi01c.html

Comment

Triano has a GM making moves to try and win games. D'Antoni had a GM trying to cut cap with no concern about winning games. Why don't you be fair and compare their records when both had a GM who was trying to win games? Better yet, why don't you compare their records when they have the same boss?

Comment

Yeah, i look at the lineups of the Knicks, Pacers, Nets, Cavs, and Wizards, and I do not see anything very impressive.

I guess the thing with the Raptors is that there are a lot of question marks. Can Amir be a legit starter? Will DeRozan have improved his game significantly? Is Weems a legit 20+minute a game player? Can Bargs step up? Is the 3 going to be an open bleeding sore? Will Calderon still be here, and if he is will he be able to play to his full abilities?

I am optimistic about the answers to all those questions, and if everything goes as it could we could be the 8th or 9th team in the conference. But I can understand people who don't follow the team not really getting what's up with it.

Comment

madeupid25 wrote: View Post
                              It's a toss up but I think the Raptors will compete for worst team in the conference. Does anyone know where Arsenalist's Colangelo's 10 Biggest Mistakes article went? I read it this morning and it wasnt on the site when I got to work.
                              http://raptorsrepublic.com/2010/04/2...gelo-mistakes/

Comment

Triano has a GM making moves to try and win games. D'Antoni had a GM trying to cut cap with no concern about winning games. Why don't you be fair and compare their records when both had a GM who was trying to win games? Better yet, why don't you compare their records when they have the same boss?
                                Heck. Why not blame it George Bush, even if he wasn't POTUS at the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X