Comment

• Manu 1year

Cody Zeller 2 years

Comment

• auctionnnn
          in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• auction is fine. we need a mutual time though!

Comment

• Budget Questions

1- What will be each team's set dollar budget for the auction draft?

2- Will teams be able to carry-over any unused dollars from the auction draft budgets to their regular season/playoff FAAB budgets?
              RR OG

Comment

• Thanks for the quick response on the draft suggestion guys. With 9 draft approvals, we will likely go ahead with the Auction idea, however I will wait a little to see if any other suggestions come forward. Also, as Mack said, with the draft idea the only real problem being that we now have to find a time and date that works for everyone. Open to suggestions on that as well.

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
                1- What will be each team's set dollar budget for the auction draft?

2- Will teams be able to carry-over any unused dollars from the auction draft budgets to their regular season/playoff FAAB budgets?
                1. $200

2. No. There is a seperate waiver budget for in-season acquisitions. I suppose we could carry it over, as that would add a little bit of realism to the 'draft'/FA period, but I would have to explore how to do that with Yahoo.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  Thanks for the quick response on the draft suggestion guys. With 9 draft approvals, we will likely go ahead with the Auction idea, however I will wait a little to see if any other suggestions come forward. Also, as Mack said, with the draft idea the only real problem being that we now have to find a time and date that works for everyone. Open to suggestions on that as well.

1. $200

2. No. There is a seperate waiver budget for in-season acquisitions. I suppose we could carry it over, as that would add a little bit of realism to the 'draft'/FA period, but I would have to explore how to do that with Yahoo.
                  Thanks for the quick response.

I also approve a live auction draft.

As for a date/time, you'll never have all 16 managers agree. I suggest that as the Commish you set the date/time and let us managers manage.
                  RR OG

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                    I traded my pick away, can I still get a rookie since it's after the draft or do I have to wait until free agency?
                    Free agency

Comment

• Yeah, I was thinking of ways to work with the FAAB-style free agency period but since majority are in favour of live auction draft, lets do that, it will certainly be easier.

As for draft time. I just put the draft time in as Sunday, October 27th at noon eastern. Rationale:
                      - Right before season opens (injuries, etc.)
                      - Anyone on west coast would be able to make it at 9am PDT, central Canada should be good, eastern canada should be good.
                      - Keeper League which many people also participate in have draft Sunday night,
                      - I have other drafts on the go for weekend of October 20th,

CAN CERTAINLY CHANGE THE TIME, JUST PUT IT OUT THERE TO START DISCUSSION.

This draft should be pretty quick considering most will have 5-6 roster spots and some just 1-2 or none?!?!?

Comment

• Draft time works perfectly for me. I might be hungover (30th bday celebrations the night before) but at least I know my wife won't be planning anything that day since it's already booked as a rest/watch football day.

Will the yahoo site be updated so that only available players show up? A lot f back and forth to figure out who's available right now.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          Draft time works perfectly for me. I might be hungover (30th bday celebrations the night before) but at least I know my wife won't be planning anything that day since it's already booked as a rest/watch football day.

Will the yahoo site be updated so that only available players show up? A lot f back and forth to figure out who's available right now.
                          Everyone who is available is now showing.

All teams are updated EXCEPT Brett's Boss Team which needs to be changed to Fully.

Comment

• League rosters are set up and ready for free agency with one exception. Brett's Boss Team (aka Fully) needs to add Alex Len and Giannis Antotokpounmpo (sp?). I cannot add anyone right now until, what appears to be, after the draft. This does not really affect anything other than people need to be aware those two players are not available and Fully has 2 less roster spots.

Right now people can make trades.

Right not people can NOT add/drop or make roster changes.

Once we finalize a draft time, we'll be set.

Comment

• I have a thought about the auction draft... should all 16 teams start with $200 budget??

There are 3 teams that need only 1 player, and there are some teams that need 5, 6 or even 7 players!

Just a thought but could we arrange it so the 'money' we have to spend is related to how many players we need to pick up? For example if team A needs 1 player, his budget is $25. If Team B needs 4 players, his budget is more?

I just think about the teams who only need one or 2 players can afford to spend WAY more on each player than those of us who have 5 or more spots to fill (which is 7 of us). Thoughts? Would this even be an issue?

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                Yeah, I was thinking of ways to work with the FAAB-style free agency period but since majority are in favour of live auction draft, lets do that, it will certainly be easier.

As for draft time. I just put the draft time in as Sunday, October 27th at noon eastern. Rationale:
                                - Right before season opens (injuries, etc.)
                                - Anyone on west coast would be able to make it at 9am PDT, central Canada should be good, eastern canada should be good.
                                - Keeper League which many people also participate in have draft Sunday night,
                                - I have other drafts on the go for weekend of October 20th,

CAN CERTAINLY CHANGE THE TIME, JUST PUT IT OUT THERE TO START DISCUSSION.

This draft should be pretty quick considering most will have 5-6 roster spots and some just 1-2 or none?!?!?
                                I'm pretty sure I can't make that draft time. We're going to be away for the weekend. I'll check whether the cottage we're going to has internet.

Comment

Working...
                                X