The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Probably. Like the past 5 drafts have been pretty bad for them, even Cousins (as talented as he is) doesn't look like a great pick considering his attitude and demeanor

And considering they traded their number 4 pick during his rookie year, its safe to say they're not the most well run organization.
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
      Whattttt no tyreke Evans is so much better than steph curry!
      Haha tell that to the pelicans!
      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Not like anyone cares but here's what i want to see happen come draft night.

1st round: Zach LaVine - Highly doubt he's there at 20 but if he's there you can't pass up on a talent like that. If he's off the board i would try and trade the pick to GSW for Harrison Barnes.

2nd choice: Jerami Grant.

2nd round: Damian Inglis - Again, highly doubt he's there at 37 or wherever the Raptors is drafting. But if he's there you gotta take him.

2nd choice: Mitch McGary or Patric Young.

3rd round - No idea. MU probably would take some European player that we've never heard of before. Or maybe he draft a Canadian?

Imagine LaVine and Inglis w/ the Raps next season?? drool.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Not like anyone cares but here's what i want to see happen come draft night.

1st round: Zach LaVine - Highly doubt he's there at 20 but if he's there you can't pass up on a talent like that. If he's off the board i would try and trade the pick to GSW for Harrison Barnes.

2nd round: Damian Inglis - Again, highly doubt he's there at 37 or wherever the Raptors is drafting. But if he's there you gotta take him.

3rd round - No idea. MU probably would take some European player that we've never heard of before. Or maybe he draft a Canadian?

I think the guy we get at 20 is someone who dropped like a LaVine or someone like that and MU is gonna scoop him up lol
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• I way prefer Barnes to Grant.
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Do you mean our second pick in round 2, there is no 3rd round.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                Do you mean our second pick in round 2, there is no 3rd round.
                Ya that's exactly what i mean.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                  I read something about the deadline to declare having passed?
                  You are correct. The NBA early entry deadline has passed. Early entrants still have the option of pulling out of the 2014 draft but those that played in the NCAA and have declared can not return to play in the NCAA.

http://nbadraft.net/2014-early-entry-list

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                    You are correct. The NBA early entry deadline has passed. Early entrants still have the option of pulling out of the 2014 draft but those that played in the NCAA and have declared can not return to play in the NCAA.

http://nbadraft.net/2014-early-entry-list
                    At least we know (well, pretty much) who's in the draft now.
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Or Aaron Craft. Forgot about him.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• my ideal draft:

clint capela/adreian payne at 20

damien inglis at 37

jordan bachynchski at 59 (if the pacers can work with hibbert never showing on the pick and roll, bachynski can be a nice defender too)

then we just need a half decent vet wing so inglis isn't in over his head in his first season or two.

i think hansbrough has some value, so with either of those first rounders, we can at least trade him to a team with too many wings and not enough 4s.

i also think capela can play backup to JV, he's tall enough and super athletic. especially once he adds a little bit of weight.

and i think inglis stock is too low. he should be a 20-25 pick, but one bad week pushed him down. everyone has a bad week, and it's just too small a sample size to sway an opinion too far either way
                        Last edited by stooley; Mon May 12, 2014, 01:15 PM.
                        "Bruno?
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• why does chad ford not have inglis in his top 100? i have to imagine it's an oversight and not an opinion?

edit, woops he's number 69. decent chance he falls to us. draftexpress has him at 40, and they're super high on him

ford's calling him a tweener, but draftexpress is saying he can guard 2/3/4. don't know who to trust.
                          Last edited by stooley; Mon May 12, 2014, 01:33 PM.
                          "Bruno?
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                            why does chad ford not have inglis in his top 100? i have to imagine it's an oversight and not an opinion?

edit, woops he's number 69. decent chance he falls to us. draftexpress has him at 40, and they're super high on him

ford's calling him a tweener, but draftexpress is saying he can guard 2/3/4. don't know who to trust.

trust in Masai

sleep tight at night

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                              At least we know (well, pretty much) who's in the draft now.
                              Not really. Seniors, for example, practically never declare for early entry because there's no point in doing so; they're not returning to the NCAA anyway so the question for them then becomes "should I declare, or just go play in Europe/China immediately, or do something else other than basketball?" Some players will participate at the draft combine if they're draft bubble players, and if they impress then declare.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                                Not really. Seniors, for example, practically never declare for early entry because there's no point in doing so; they're not returning to the NCAA anyway so the question for them then becomes "should I declare, or just go play in Europe/China immediately, or do something else other than basketball?" Some players will participate at the draft combine if they're draft bubble players, and if they impress then declare.
                                Pretty sure once you have used up all your NCAA eligibility you automatically qualify for the draft, no need to declare, you can be picked, similar for foreign players, once you reach a certain age you are auto eligible, if you go undrafted you become a free agent.

Early entry relates to those players that still have NCAA eligibility or have not aged out in Europe yet.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X