Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frustration Spilling Over The Media Too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustration Spilling Over The Media Too?

After reading some forum posts of late, there's no denying that frustration is spreading throughout the fan base. Perhaps the NHL lockout or news of the Jays upgrading has the core die-hard Raptor fan more worked up as the losses continue to pile up. Upon reading Raptorblog's Scott Carefoot's final post as he bid farewell to his long-time followers, I was surprised to read his super frank feelings about the team he covered for the past 10 years (given his role as a supposedly objective member of the media). Please read his final post here.

I'm not sure how you feel about Scott Carefoot as a journalist, or him as a member of the media. His imprint at the Score's Raptorblog for the past 10 years however was undeniable and has been a fixture amongst basketball fans in this country. Do you concur with his assessment, or is he another one that needs to "take a breath"?
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Can't say I really disagree with him. When you think about it, the team really hasn't done anything. It's kind of depressing, actually.

Anyways, what's going on with the Score? They seem to be losing people by the week.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Also, I've noticed Matt and Jack/Leo have become increasingly agitated about the officials this year. They're not pulling many punches when talking about the calls.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        Can't say I really disagree with him. When you think about it, the team really hasn't done anything. It's kind of depressing, actually.

Anyways, what's going on with the Score? They seem to be losing people by the week.
        Nothing bad but I believe the Rogers acquisition may have something to do with it. My buddy who works there wouldn't say it for obvious reasons, but I think Rogers may be re-structuring the network.
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

nice find - I totally agree

This franchise has finally sapped my will to give a crap about it.
          hopes dashed... waiting... and waiting... each year I tune out the Raptors 10 games sooner

barglazy and NBA match fixers *ahem* refs Even Casey's coaching is puke worthy.
          "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Well, we need an incident then.... I am thinking Leo jumps over the scorer's table and starts choking a zebra.

Devlin tags in and close lines the said Zebra and both the other zebras act as if they did not see anything at all.
            Last edited by BasketballCrush; Fri Nov 23, 2012, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Rogers acquisition of the Score was only for the television rights, web has been left alone and they are starting Score web as a solo entity.

I loved the article. How nice it that someone has just be straight to their readers. Scott treated us as he would want to be treated, you think grumpy assholes like Doug Smith would even bother?

I love that the media landscape is slowly starting to change. So glad that there are funny, great writers from the Score, and a couple of the indy blogs (not mine...we're not there yet haha) are giving awesome opinion, they know the league, and they're not in the pocket of the NBA or MLSE. It's good to have.
              i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                I'm not sure how you feel about Scott Carefoot as a journalist, or him as a member of the media.
                He's not a journalist.

Comment

I’m tired of pointing out problems that almost everybody except for the employees of this franchise seem capable of understanding — or willing to change because ongoing profitability makes those changes unnecessary.
                  It wasn’t the ongoing incompetence that destroyed my passion for this team, it was the tolerance for that incompetence.
                  Nothing else needs to be added

Comment

The Raps were lucky the last week or so that every people/media in TO were talking about the Blue Jays moves. Now that it's all back to normal in Blue Jays land and the NHL is still locked out. Every eye will be on the Raps. And the way they're playing right now, they're not just gaining any new fans they're also losing some of their diehard fans. They are just tough to watch right now.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

too whiny. He's lucky he wasn't blogging about the clippers, wizards, knicks, or golden state during the same time,
                      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                        Also, I've noticed Matt and Jack/Leo have become increasingly agitated about the officials this year. They're not pulling many punches when talking about the calls.
                        I don't see a lot of other NBA games other than the Raptors.... career, family, friends, etc. just not enough time. However, many people are talking about the poor officiating league wide.

The cynic in me thinks Matt and Jack/Leo are doing anything they can to take the pressure/accountability off the franchise.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                          too whiny. He's lucky he wasn't blogging about the clippers, wizards, knicks, or golden state during the same time,
                          So because 4 teams have had similiar runs it's OK? You realize 20 or so teams have had much more success? Don't really know why the Clip show is in there, I'd take there entire miserable history to have Paul and Griffin now.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

No Im saying he's melodramatic about it. There were much worse decades for many more teams in NBA history, than a division championship, 1 second round, and 4 first round playoff appearances in 12 years. Its not a sparkling record, but historically speaking, he's whining.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ippers_seasons

from 1976 - 1992 the clippers missed the playoffs.
                              thats 16 years.

Imagine a reporter for those clippers, I doubt he whined as hard as this blogger did.

Comment

Working...
                              X