GT Nuggets vs Raptors: 1st difficult game of a difficult back to back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
    well tomorrow all we need is for Anthony and Stoundmire (as well as JR Smith) to be injured and we will be good again
    Call me crazy but I think Raps should have an easier time against NY if they can close out on the 3 point threat.

Comment

• Its going to be a Carmelo - Rudy battle tomorrow.

Carmelo is going to win, especially with Amare who just loves playing against toronto...
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Random question, but does anyone know what happened to those "Game in 6" highlights that Raptors.com used to do? And are there any other websites with long highlights?

Comment

• Our secret weapon is Landry Fields, he must know a thing or two about exploiting the Knicks defence.

Comment

• Wonder what reception Landry will get in MSG, hopefully only positive. I can bet when me bricks a shot he'll have at least one heckler like "you suck Landry no wonder we didn't sign that offer sheet piece of garbage".
            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• I certainly feel Landry will get some minutes tomorrow.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• e2thed wrote: View Post
                Wonder what reception Landry will get in MSG, hopefully only positive. I can bet when me bricks a shot he'll have at least one heckler like "you suck Landry no wonder we didn't sign that offer sheet piece of garbage".
                Nah New York is a tough crowd he will probably get booed. You know the player by the name of Isaiah Thomas?! well according to wiki "Because of his namesake's unpopularity among New York Knicks fans after unsuccessfully serving as head coach and team executive, the fans boo Isaiah Thomas whenever he plays in Madison Square Garden" lol rough crowd

Comment

• Just emptied the DVR. Am I the only one disappointed about this win? This should have been a blowout, not a close game. JV played well. Amir disappeared but reappeared when we needed him. AA is contributing & so is Landry. Lowry gave us 11 assists, DD had a great game & Rudy brought it home.
                  *Bargs looked like the odd man out tonight. I'll just leave it at that.
                  *JL3 had another good scoring game. But he had as many assists as our starting center. It was so scary to see AA/DD/Lowry/Gay surrounding the arch & only Amir inside. We'll never get deep into the playoffs playing ball like that. Reminds me of our last playoff team that used the "jump shot" to get into the playoffs & it only produced one game in the playoffs. We're not going to keep winning if we play like that.
                  *We passed the ball horribly. The bench lost the lead again.
                  *Lowry was DESTROYED by Lawson tonight. I should be quoting myself...but i said that DD....(didn't expect Landry) would have to start bringing up the ball. It caused alot of turnovers. Just scary.

A win is a win. Just don't like the way we are doing it. Let the trade wins BLOW.
                  I REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT TO BEAT THE KNICKS

Comment

• themasao wrote: View Post
                    Take a look at Lawson's line. I'll be over here sippin my haterade.
                    Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                    Agreed, some of Lowry's turnovers were awful and Lawson lit him up.
                    Remember how Jose handled Miami's pressure?

I don't think he would have fared much better.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      Its going to be a Carmelo - Rudy battle tomorrow.

Carmelo is going to win, especially with Amare who just loves playing against toronto...
                      I think he just loved playing against Bargnani.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        I think he just loved playing against Bargnani.
                        And now they're both coming off the bench! Oh no!

I actually think raptors match up quite well with New York. Lowry/Felton Smith/Derozan Melo/Gay ???/Amir Jonas/Chandler Andrea/Amare. IMO Knicks still win but it seems like anyone's game now.

Comment

• Raps with 3 of top 10 plays of night on NBA.com.... including #1 and #2.

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
                            i dont know if you remember the last youtube redub, but theres another one now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajdZDClTHlg
                            I loved Devlin's "That Guy Again." call after the bucket. Someone needs to make some t-shirts with the "That Guy Again" meme....

Comment

• RepRaptorsintheUSA wrote: View Post
                              Just emptied the DVR. Am I the only one disappointed about this win? This should have been a blowout, not a close game. JV played well. Amir disappeared but reappeared when we needed him. AA is contributing & so is Landry. Lowry gave us 11 assists, DD had a great game & Rudy brought it home.
                              *Bargs looked like the odd man out tonight. I'll just leave it at that.
                              *JL3 had another good scoring game. But he had as many assists as our starting center. It was so scary to see AA/DD/Lowry/Gay surrounding the arch & only Amir inside. We'll never get deep into the playoffs playing ball like that. Reminds me of our last playoff team that used the "jump shot" to get into the playoffs & it only produced one game in the playoffs. We're not going to keep winning if we play like that.
                              *We passed the ball horribly. The bench lost the lead again.
                              *Lowry was DESTROYED by Lawson tonight. I should be quoting myself...but i said that DD....(didn't expect Landry) would have to start bringing up the ball. It caused alot of turnovers. Just scary.

A win is a win. Just don't like the way we are doing it. Let the trade wins BLOW.
                              I REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT TO BEAT THE KNICKS
                              Dude, this is the most exciting Raptors basketball has been since the second half of the 2006-07 season. It's been like 6 years since they were worth watching.

For now, just enjoy it. It's the Raptors, there will be lots to complain about again soon. But enjoy this man. It's awesome to have some actual quality NBA players again!

Comment

• That's two straight excellent defenders Gay dropped game winners on too.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X