Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dog Still Smells Terrible After Bath...What Could Be The Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog Still Smells Terrible After Bath...What Could Be The Problem?

I bathed my dog two days ago and it took away the smell he was giving off. But, then pretty soon after he started giving off a real foul flea collar mixed with urine-type smell. It's almost as strong as a skunk smell,but,not quite and not the same smell.

I've been googling like crazy and all I've gotten is that I either didn't bathe him well enough(which is possible,but,he smells different than before the bath) or that it could be impacted anal sacs or w/e and to make a vet appointment(which vets are major moochers and I'd like to avoid them if I can).

Has anybody else had this problem with their dog or even cat? I'm thinking I'll just bathe him again and this time thoroughly,maybe, i'll try mixing some dish soap in with the dog shampoo or do both. I don't know, I'd just like to get rid of the smell because it seems like it's bothering him and it's definitely bothering everyone else...Any suggestions would be appreciated...
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Is there something rotten in the yard that he keeps getting into? Fwiw, taking the pooch to a groomer is much cheaper than a vet and they might have some insight into the problem.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
      Is there something rotten in the yard that he keeps getting into? Fwiw, taking the pooch to a groomer is much cheaper than a vet and they might have some insight into the problem.
      Don't know, i'll check. But, he actually just shit and pissed on the carpet, which he rarely does and didn't even hint that he needed to go out...
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

what kinda dog?

wouldn't an impacted anal sack (teehee) be visible from the outside? does his cornhole look strange?

could be a UTI.

Comment

how old is your dog? if he's old that kinda sounds like it might be incontenence.. i'd take him to the vet... might be as easy as giving him some pills

Comment

he's 11 and a german shepherd.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
              Don't know, i'll check. But, he actually just shit and pissed on the carpet, which he rarely does and didn't even hint that he needed to go out...
              Sounds like he's not well. Dogs are not usually ones to complain and gripe when they're off.

Comment

ya, i know. If he vomits, I'm not going to doubt taking him to the vets.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                  I wasn't too happy about having to clean that up. But, he seems to be doing better since and the smell is, I wouldn't say gone. But, nowhere even remotely close to what it was before...

Comment

awhile ago, my dog got sorta sick... so i asked around alot... got alot of "it might be....." and "you should take him to the vet"... which is great in theory, except i dont drive... and my dog is like 110-120 lbs.. if he doesnt want to walk to the vet, there ain't a damn thing i can do about it..

then a friend of mine gave me the best diagnosis ever... "he probably ate some weird shit"

the next day he shat out a chunk of my iphone charger cable

i'd already switched to android... so never noticed the mangled cable in the closet

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                      awhile ago, my dog got sorta sick... so i asked around alot... got alot of "it might be....." and "you should take him to the vet"... which is great in theory, except i dont drive... and my dog is like 110-120 lbs.. if he doesnt want to walk to the vet, there ain't a damn thing i can do about it..

then a friend of mine gave me the best diagnosis ever... "he probably ate some weird shit"

the next day he shat out a chunk of my iphone charger cable

i'd already switched to android... so never noticed the mangled cable in the closet
                      Could have been, I didn't notice anything. But, this was like 6 full sized pieces. Which, I'd say normal is 3 or 4. So,he very well could have at some shit,pardon the pun, that made him plugged up...

Comment

Working...
                      X