Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Fantasy Football Keeper League (Season 1 Discussion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have any problem bumping the offensive number up to four if everyone is ok with it. We are dealing with 23 man rosters so maybe it would be a good idea. That would bring the keeper total to five? four offensive players, one defensive player.
    Last edited by Apollo; Tue Aug 31, 2010, 03:58 PM.

Comment

I'm down for the hockey pool, Apollo.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        I don't have any problem bumping the offensive number up to four if everyone is ok with it. We are dealing with 23 man rosters so maybe it would be a good idea. That would bring the keeper total to five? four offensive players, one defensive player.
        Yup...

Comment

How many keepers?

Okay, so I've been thinking about this a lot. 23 men rosters, 10 men starting lineups, let's put the keepers up to half the starting lineup (5 keepers). That way you still need to draft well to stay relevant but you also get to carry forward a reasonable portion of your past success. You can pick anyone you want on your roster as a keeper, each offensive player eats a draft pick starting from first round on (ie: if you take one keeper you lose your first round pick, if you take five keepers you lose your first five round picks). If you chose a defensive player as one of your possible keepers it will eat an 8th round pick(that's when the first defensive player was drafted in our draft). You can keep multiple defensive players if you wish, the second kept defensive player would naturally cost you a 9th round pick. Here's an example:
          I was looking over my roster and I decided to keep the following:

1. Barry Sanders (1st round)
          2. Steve Young (2nd round)
          3. Jerry Rice (3rd round)
          4. Chris Carter (4th round)
          5. Deon Sanders (8th round)

Tough choices.
          Last edited by Apollo; Wed Sep 8, 2010, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Friendly reminder that the season starts tomorrow night. There is only one game on tap but begin getting your starting lineups ready!

Here's the week 1 schedule: LINK

Also, I sent out a couple trade offers. Check them out and let me know ASAP. I won't keep them on the table longer than a few days.

Comment

Friendly reminder that the season starts tomorrow night. There is only one game on tap but begin getting your starting lineups ready!

Here's the week 1 schedule: LINK

Also, I sent out a couple trade offers. Check them out and let me know ASAP. I won't keep them on the table longer than a few days.
              yo buddy....my internet blows, it cant load the yahoo fantasy football page, and its gonna be like that for 5-6 months, so if iam not changing my lineup, it doesnt mean iam not playing(sometimes, when i get lucky, i can acess the site, but its a crapshoot)...

Comment

A00715890 wrote: View Post
                yo buddy....my internet blows, it cant load the yahoo fantasy football page, and its gonna be like that for 5-6 months, so if iam not changing my lineup, it doesnt mean iam not playing(sometimes, when i get lucky, i can acess the site, but its a crapshoot)...
                Why can't you load it?

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                  Why can't you load it?
                  iam on a ship...the internet connection just isnt good enough...

Comment

That's too bad. My advice would be when you do access it try to update your lineup for multiple weeks, that way if you're having trouble you've already got your roster lineup preset. This will allow you to not get nailed with bye weeks in your starting lineup.

Comment

... Or try calling a friend and have them set your lineups for you.

But Iggy, You're Toast today bud!

Happy NFL Season to everyone!!!

Comment

One name

Arian Foster

Comment

Arian Foster
                          You got lucky is all.
                          "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

Bahahaha, if that helps you sleep then you keep believing that.

Comment

My team didn't show up to play Kolb failed then got hurt, Sims-Walker literally didn't do anything (No catches) and Crabtree failed and overall my team underperformed aside from Miles Austin.
                              Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Mon Sep 13, 2010, 02:00 AM.

Comment

I watched the Packers/Eagles game. I felt that Andy Reid was continuously messing with Kolb's flow. He would be in one play, out the next so that Vick could enter. They were switching back and forth, back and forth and even Troy Aikman commented that it was a bad idea. Vick looks to be a QB handcuff, a rare thing in fantasy football.

Anyone else watch this game? Weaver's knee bending the wrong way almost made me hurl. He's done for the year, it was naaaasty.

It'll be interesting to see what sort of action the waiver wire sees after week one... As always, I'm open to trades if someone is considering shaking things up.

Comment

Working...
                                X