Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Coach wrote: View Post
    I don't remember the last time I rolled my ankle so bad I couldn't talk

I didn't want to talk to anyone after I did ...

...this playing basketball

if you want to see more pretty pictures of it they are in my profile somewhere
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
      I didn't want to talk to anyone after I did ...

...this playing basketball

if you want to see more pretty pictures of it they are in my profile somewhere
      That's nasty and probably enough... unless someone has a swollen foot fetish. Would you still not talk if you had the opportunity to get drafted by the Raps? I might suck it up for a 5 minute scrum.
      “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
      ― John Wooden

Comment

For players working out with their future firmly in mind I don't blame one for dropping out.

Not doing interviews after is a little lame, though.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

if he did it as bad as me, that's not the kind of pain you suck it up and do an interview after...however if he just tweaked it then yeah no excuse for that
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
            if he did it as bad as me, that's not the kind of pain you suck it up and do an interview after...however if he just tweaked it then yeah no excuse for that
            I can't imagine Lamb's ankle ever getting that big... he is a rail. It might help his stock if he could post some pictures of his ankles that big.
            “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
            ― John Wooden

Comment

I rolled my ankle pretty badly a good 13 years ago. I was on an outdoor court (i.e. nets held up by a single pole). The pole had a crater at it's base (almost as if they ran out of cement). On my way down from grabbing a rebound, the inside half of my foot landed on cement, while the outer half landed in the crater. I was surprised I didn't break my ankle. I had swelling half way up to me knee. My entire lower leg was blue for weeks....

...but I was still able to speak, lol.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                I rolled my ankle pretty badly a good 13 years ago. I was on an outdoor court (i.e. nets held up by a single pole). The pole had a crater at it's base (almost as if they ran out of cement). On my way down from grabbing a rebound, the inside half of my foot landed on cement, while the outer half landed in the crater. I was surprised I didn't break my ankle. I had swelling half way up to me knee. My entire lower leg was blue for weeks....

...but I was still able to speak, lol.
                lol... I guess the better question is, what kind of interview would you have given... how many bleeps are acceptable in a scrum?
                ― John Wooden

Comment

The Coach wrote: View Post
                  lol... I guess the better question is, what kind of interview would you have given... how many bleeps are acceptable in a scrum?
                  After the x-rays came back negative, they tested me for Tourette's...

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    For players working out with their future firmly in mind I don't blame one for dropping out.

Not doing interviews after is a little lame, though.
                    Probably wants to avoid discussing the ankle. Is it common for players to give interviews right after games where they are injured? Understandable from my point of view.

Comment

After the x-rays came back negative, they tested me for Tourette's...
                      so funny
                      ― John Wooden

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                        Probably wants to avoid discussing the ankle. Is it common for players to give interviews right after games where they are injured? Understandable from my point of view.
                        In all honesty, it was probably suggested by Lamb's agent to bail on the interviews. Fairly or unfairly, draft value is primarily based on subjective perception. If people start associating Lamb with "injured", it could easily affect his stock.

Comment

New videos up on rap's site:

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/ed-...i-june-14-2012

Barnes, Rivers and Stefanski.
                          ― John Wooden

Comment

Rivers continues to impress in the interviews. He said he is only working out for teams that he sees a fit with and is only scheduling 5 workouts:

NO - 1st and 10th picks
                            Toronto - 8th
                            Washington - 3rd
                            Portland - 6th and 11th
                            Cleveland - 4th

Very interesting to see Washington and Cleveland on that list. If they were to choose Rivers at those spots it would really change the draft. Anybody know where Beal is working out?

Also, interesting to hear Rivers mention Nash's name as someone he could play alongside in Toronto.
                            Last edited by The Coach; Thu Jun 14, 2012, 06:29 PM.
                            ― John Wooden

Comment

So lame, it's funny.

Kind of like my buddy whose love for Quiznos turns into "QuizYes!"

Thank you.

I was thinking of doing something like this earlier in the year, editing a picture of "Payless Shoe Source" to say Bayless Shot Source cause he was chucking a lot.
                              TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Is anyone on this board hoping to draft Rivers?
                                in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Working...
                                X