Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Jerryd Bayless the starter for Memphis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Jerryd Bayless the starter for Memphis?

Man, if that's Jerryd, he should not have shaved his head.

Btw, Memphis is playing Chicago.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Man, if that's Jerryd, he should not have shaved his head.

Btw, Memphis is playing Chicago.
    lmao get me a pic yo! i wanna see Hairless Bayless

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      lmao get me a pic yo! i wanna see Hairless Bayless
      check out the videos on the grizzlies site, theres an interview with him and his bald head

Comment

lol check out Bayless' stats in the last two preseason games. First game against Real Madrid and second game against a Derrick Rose-less Bulls team. He averages 5.5 PPG, 1.5 RPG, 1.0 APG, and 1.5 TO in 21 MPG. He's shooting 25% FG and 0% from 3FG. Maybe it was a massively good thing we let him go...

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
          lol check out Bayless' stats in the last two preseason games. First game against Real Madrid and second game against a Derrick Rose-less Bulls team. He averages 5.5 PPG, 1.5 RPG, 1.0 APG, and 1.5 TO in 21 MPG. He's shooting 25% FG and 0% from 3FG. Maybe it was a massively good thing we let him go...
          I watched the whole Bulls/Grizz game, and Bayless had some serious tunnel vision disease.

Comment

I watched the whole Bulls/Grizz game, and Bayless had some serious tunnel vision disease.
            I watched every Raptors game the last two years and I would say the same thing.

Comment

the love for Bayless here the last couple years was dumbfounding
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Funny how quickly his supporters have seemed to disappear.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  the love for Bayless here the last couple years was dumbfounding
                  WJF wrote: View Post
                  Funny how quickly his supporters have seemed to disappear.
                  The hatred for Bayless here was equally as dumbfounding for me.

And I'm not sure why you find it funny ... he's no longer with the Raptors, therefore the conversations concerning have died down. Makes perfect sense. Doesn't mean I, and those others who supported him, still don't wish the absolute best for the guy.

He loved Toronto, and he loved for playing for the Raps. I'll get behind anyone who Reps Toronto as hard as he did. Period.

And now people are of the mindset that John Lucas is any different? Please.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    The hatred for Bayless here was equally as dumbfounding for me.

And I'm not sure why you find it funny ... he's no longer with the Raptors, therefore the conversations concerning have died down. Makes perfect sense. Doesn't mean I, and those others who supported him, still don't wish the absolute best for the guy.

He loved Toronto, and he loved for playing for the Raps. I'll get behind anyone who Reps Toronto as hard as he did. Period.

I still support my man Jay Bay. But i don't support him as much since he's not a raptor. I'd rather him succeed here then succeed somewhere else and bite us in the ass. But its all good, i hope he becomes a good backup. I like what carlton... i mean John lucas brings to the team. He's a microwave the dude heats up in like 5 seconds

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      I still support my man Jay Bay. But i don't support him as much since he's not a raptor. I'd rather him succeed here then succeed somewhere else and bite us in the ass. But its all good, i hope he becomes a good backup. I like what carlton... i mean John lucas brings to the team. He's a microwave the dude heats up in like 5 seconds
                      Akil reminds me more of Carlton than John Lucas does...

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        John Lucas is new and shiny, Joey. It will take a dozen games or so before people start realizing the guy is no better and very likely worse than Jerryd Bayless. But cheaper, which does matter.

Memphis signed Jerryd Bayless to a reasonable contract and I expect he will give them solid value for the money. I would have been fine with the Raptors extending him at that price before they traded for Lowry. But with the acquisition of Lowry, there was no place left for Bayless as he is too good to be a third stringer.

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                          John Lucas is new and shiny, Joey. It will take a dozen games or so before people start realizing the guy is no better and very likely worse than Jerryd Bayless....
                          Now, I don't know if I can agree with this. From watching Chicago last season, unlike Jerryd Bayless, for a shoot-first guard, Lucas makes minimal mistakes. Jerryd Bayless can't dribble and run an offense when he is being pressured defensively. Not to mention Lucas is a leader, a true locker room spirit.

From day 1, it seems Lucas will have a fairly solid role, more than just the 3rd string point guard. I really believe he is capable of being the back-up to Lowry. Although, two things Bayless and Lucas do have similar (Bayless more than Lucas), is their cases of tunnel vision.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                            I watched every Raptors game the last two years and I would say the same thing.
                            LmAO

Comment

Akil reminds me more of Carlton than John Lucas does...
                              nah. Its John Lucas, Akil sounds too smart. I got proof to back me up

See, the public agree's with me

Comment

Working...
                              X