This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axel wrote: View Post
    I don't get why people are wishing people away from Raptor-dom. We should be trying to grow as a fan base, not turn our backs on one of our own in his moment of need.

This season is a mixed bag, as we don't know what the future holds; we neither look like a real contender or are poised to add a great pick, but we are still in a good position. We got rid of Bargnani and Rudy Gay. That is huge for both the on court product and the financial picture. We have some good young assets and one of the most respected GMs in the league.

There have been much darker days in this franchise history than anything we've seen this year. (VC trade for two Williams and a bag of stale peanuts!!!) Whether it takes 3 years or 30 years, we will get there and the RR will be standing strong when that day happens. So relax, have a beer and enjoy the show.
    Dude... this is a cheesy attention grab. I'm shocked it's received as much attention as it has.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
      I don't even want to waste the energy to make an elaborate post explaining

1. lowry's impending free agency, looks like we are going to overpay or let him walk for nothing, plus money that must be thrown at jv and ross next year preventing us from having the capspace to sign impact players

2. mediocre talent. No way to improve through draft, derozan extremely overrated, 1 dimensional. Not a likely chance superstar will be willing to come here based on history of franchises ability to attract talent. Trading for a talented player? Unlikely.

3.unproven GM masai. All he has shown is that he can get rid of lost causes and get a decent return (melo,bargnani,gay), there is nothing to indicate he can build a contener.

Basically what I'm saying is I don't see this ending well, and it is extremely frustrating, it's been a blast later guys.
      No need for such drama dude... Buh bye!
      I'm sure we'll see you on RR in April/May.

Comment

1. lowry's impending free agency, looks like we are going to overpay or let him walk for nothing, plus money that must be thrown at jv and ross next year preventing us from having the capspace to sign impact players

2. mediocre talent. No way to improve through draft, derozan extremely overrated, 1 dimensional. Not a likely chance superstar will be willing to come here based on history of franchises ability to attract talent. Trading for a talented player? Unlikely.

3.unproven GM masai. All he has shown is that he can get rid of lost causes and get a decent return (melo,bargnani,gay), there is nothing to indicate he can build a contener.

Basically what I'm saying is I don't see this ending well, and it is extremely frustrating, it's been a blast later guys.
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

...under another id?

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
            Have a great life...

Mods - pls hurry up and delete his account before he changes his mind. :-)
            No point. I imagine he's creating a new account shortly anyways.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
              I actually respect him for this. I wish more of the "fans" who don't seem to think Raptors have a good future ahead of them (aka Tim W) would just keep it moving and find someone else to cheer for. Instead of continually stressing themselves out with negativity. If the team isn't doing what you think they should and you believe that will cause them to be mediocre forever then why follow this team?
              I don't know. I get being a "fan", but maybe I'm in the minority here in that I don't let professional sports stress out my life. They're plenty more important things to concern ourselves with then losing sleep because you've been supporting a team that may or may not still be mediocre. Just alot of attention grabbing if you ask me.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Haven't you been given a warning in the past about these logical and rational posts?
                Don't make me change our rules and policies yet again.

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                  Don't make me change our rules and policies yet again.
                  OK.

But only because of your latest .gif avatar.

New handle: Dr. Avatar Boss

Comment

"hit the road Jack
                    don't you come back
                    no more no more no more no more
                    hit the road Jack
                    don't you come back no more"

sing it.

Comment

For the record I have no problem with the basic premise of the OP. I just find his deranged "you're all idiots" act a little tiring.

Comment

Wooo finally! this is like christmas all over again. I had gotten tired of reading your poorly thought out posts

Comment

I understand his POV even though I don't feel as he does. He seems to want a championship contender ASAP and all indications are it's not going to be that quick.

Point 1. He may be right. Lowry should have been traded before the team started winning. Zach Lowe's recent article suggested he still be traded, and there are more than a few posters who agree. However none of these people have to balance the act of building a winner while also satisfying the people who pay to watch them play at the ACC, especially the long suffering season ticket holders.
                          " Hey folks, thanks for shelling out money for season tickets all these years. I realize you thought you were finally going to attend some playoff games this year. Well, you thought wrong. Sorry to tell you maximizing our assets is more important than you are. But keep buying those tickets, a couple of more tank years and we'll be right there!."

Point 2. Although as a whole this opinion is shared by few if any, I've seen many a post agreeing with one or another of his concerns.

Point 3. Any Blue Jay fan can see where this feeling comes from. I doubt Masai is AA version 2, but it's not out of the realm of possibility either.

Anyway, if the direction the team is taking bothers him that much (I believe a previous post of his mentioned making him want to puke) stepping away is best.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

I love how big of an attention whore you are that you had to let everyone know like we give a shit, man people like you excessively piss me off.

Hey don't forget to make a facebook status about it later... fuck outta here

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                              I don't know. I get being a "fan", but maybe I'm in the minority here in that I don't let professional sports stress out my life. They're plenty more important things to concern ourselves with then losing sleep because you've been supporting a team that may or may not still be mediocre. Just alot of attention grabbing if you ask me.
                              No doubt. I love sports but if you find that there's a direct correlation between you being happy on a day to day basis and your favorite team winning then maybe you should get a girlfriend or something.
                              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                                No doubt. I love sports but if you find that there's a direct correlation between you being happy on a day to day basis and your favorite team winning then maybe you should get a girlfriend or something.
                                I've got a girlfriend and play a lot of sports. The raptors success still ways heavy on my mood and I quite like it. I just have realistic expectations.
                                "Bruno?
                                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X