• PG: Bayless
    SG: DeRozan
    SF: Weems
    PF: Amir
    C: Bargnani

I want to see that lineup. So athletic.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
      Because you're shooting for low mediocrity? Trading for Iguodala last year, when the Raptors wanted to make the playoffs, made sense. Trading for a 27 year old player who is vastly overpaid and has never made the All-Star team, and who would probably give the Raptors, at best, 6 or 7 more wins, giving them a lower lottery pick, doesn't make much sense.
      Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Don't forget screwing their future financial flexibilty.

I was just using Iguodala as an example of something more useful they could flip Stojakovic for, not saying I fully endorse a deal like that. Although, to play devil's advocate, from what I've heard there are quite a few teams interested in Iguodala, but Philly is asking for too much in return. Who knows, perhaps BC could ask for less than Philly is asking, yet still get something more useful long-term in return down the road for Iguodala than he could for just Stojakovic's expiring contract... as far as just doing a one-for-one trade and keeping Iguodala for his full contract, I agree that he's not worth the amount of cap space he'd eat up.

Comment

• Legalize-It wrote: View Post
        ed davis hasn't played a game yet...

im not saying he's trash, but how do you know he's not gona be a bust ?

put the kool-aid down and start using some logic.
        I know you hate BC, however, he just made a trade you were advocating for just a couple of days ago.

He dropped a longer term contract (JJ)
        He dropped a player taking time away from the youngin's (Andersen)
        He picked up a young player with a lot of potential and was a #11 pick just 2 years ago.
        He also picked up one of the most valuable expiring contracts in the league and only used $2.2M of the TPE.

It is clear no matter what the guy does you're not going to approve.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          I was just using Iguodala as an example of something more useful they could flip Stojakovic for, not saying I fully endorse a deal like that. Although, to play devil's advocate, from what I've heard there are quite a few teams interested in Iguodala, but Philly is asking for too much in return. Who knows, perhaps BC could ask for less than Philly is asking, yet still get something more useful long-term in return down the road for Iguodala than he could for just Stojakovic's expiring contract... as far as just doing a one-for-one trade and keeping Iguodala for his full contract, I agree that he's not worth the amount of cap space he'd eat up.
          If AI made around $9M a year I'd be all over it but he makes closer to $14 and it only goes up the next few seasons and he is really not playing well this year - even before his injury.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
            done and done

bayless better play some D and peja better stay on the bench his career is done!

signing dampier will probably happen in the next few days
            Dampier does not fit in to this quote:

"Acquisition of another emerging talent and the creation of additional salary cap flexibility in the coming years were the key drivers in making this deal," said Raptors President and general manager Bryan Colangelo. "Our plan of developing our existing young players and acquiring future assets remains our focus in retooling this Toronto basketball team."

I have a feeling Evans is next to go.

Comment

• sad to see these guys go, but, that's part of the rebuilding process. if guys like andersen and jack are playing well ship them off, and try to get some value back.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

ed davis hasn't played a game yet...

im not saying he's trash, but how do you know he's not gona be a bust ?

put the kool-aid down and start using some logic.
                Is logic to expect them to come in as a bust, so that way they can only go up from there? I'd rather have some expectations...

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  I know you hate BC, however, he just made a trade you were advocating for just a couple of days ago.

He dropped a longer term contract (JJ)
                  He dropped a player taking time away from the youngin's (Andersen)
                  He picked up a young player with a lot of potential and was a #11 pick just 2 years ago.
                  He also picked up one of the most valuable expiring contracts in the league and only used $2.2M of the TPE.

It is clear no matter what the guy does you're not going to approve.
                  no JJ's contract wasnt a problem...he was making 5 mil...very reasonable...

it's so funny when people say peja's expiring is one of the most valuable expirings in the leage...

did you ever think if it was so valuable, the hornets would have got more for it ?

expirings were valuable LAST SEASON when teams were trying to land LBJ...

it's like dampier... people like you thought the DUST chip was so valuable, and look what they got for it...

Comment

• peja for iggy anyone ?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=25ukk88

Comment

• Are you guys sure that the trade is now official?

All trades need to be approved by the NBA front office people after the physicals have been taken.,

Since the trade was not finalized until late last night I am not sure that all the players have gone through their physicals as of now.

Also, I think that the NBA front office is closed on Sunday and does not reopen for weekend trades.

I doubt that the trade is official and done at this point.

What has happened is that the Raptors and Hornets appear to have finalized the players and related financial matters regarding the trade.
                      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                        Are you guys sure that the trade is now official?

All trades need to be approved by the NBA front office people after the physicals have been taken.,

Since the trade was not finalized until late last night I am not sure that all the players have gone through their physicals as of now.

Also, I think that the NBA front office is closed on Sunday and does not reopen for weekend trades.

I doubt that the trade is official and done at this point.

What has happened is that the Raptors and Hornets appear to have finalized the players and related financial matters regarding the trade.
                        This is what I thought. I'm not assuming it's done until I see them in a Raptor uniform, we've been burned before.

Comment

• Awesome move by BC. I was liking the chemistry the Raps have devloped, but aside from that, Bayless is a pretty huge pick-up. Peja will probably get injured for the whole season, but if he doesn't he could be a pleasent surprise.

Comment

• Nick wrote: View Post
                            Awesome move by BC. I was liking the chemistry the Raps have devloped, but aside from that, Bayless is a pretty huge pick-up. Peja will probably get injured for the whole season, but if he doesn't he could be a pleasent surprise.
                            only a douchebag would use the words "i was liking"

Comment

no JJ's contract wasnt a problem...he was making 5 mil...very reasonable...

it's so funny when people say peja's expiring is one of the most valuable expirings in the leage...

did you ever think if it was so valuable, the hornets would have got more for it ?

expirings were valuable LAST SEASON when teams were trying to land LBJ...

it's like dampier... people like you thought the DUST chip was so valuable, and look what they got for it...
                              It has become painfully obvious that you are unable to respond without insulting people - like the douchebag comment directed towards Nick.

It has also become obvious your basketball IQ is less than 70.

It has also become obvious you have little to no knowledge of the financial workings of an NBA team with regards to the CBA.

Finally, it has become obvious you cannot see past your own silly little comments and silly little point of view.

Comment

only a douchebag would use the words "i was liking"
                                I was liking this forum a lot more until some new people came on and started insulting and berating other posters instead of trying to have mature, intelligent discussions.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X