Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GT: Toronto vs. Philadelphia November 20.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He loves the city and if he was to resign for 15 mil 3 year contract at the end of the season I would jump on that!

Comment

• youre right, if Calderon wants to cut his paycheck in half during a time when he could probably have starter dollars on a competing team, then for sure we keep him! There wouldn't be a better backup in the league for that price!
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• RAPresenting wrote: View Post
        Young and J Rich both won their match up vs Demar tonight no question.
        In fairness, a lot of their points came from a Holiday drive and mad scrambling on the Raptors' part. His one on one defense was pretty good; Nick Young hit ridiculous shots. His close outs were not good, but it could have been prevented if LOWRY WAS MATCHED UP AGAINST HOLIDAY! Make Jose guard a camper if you're gonna leave him out there.

I will NEVER trust Jose to guard an athletic point guard. It's the reality. He's too slow and does a terrible job fighting over screens. He does a lot of things well; letting an athletic point burn him is one of them.
        “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• torch19 wrote: View Post
          In fairness, a lot of their points came from a Holiday drive and mad scrambling on the Raptors' part. His one on one defense was pretty good; Nick Young hit ridiculous shots. His close outs were not good, but it could have been prevented if LOWRY WAS MATCHED UP AGAINST HOLIDAY! Make Jose guard a camper if you're gonna leave him out there.

I will NEVER trust Jose to guard an athletic point guard. It's the reality. He's too slow and does a terrible job fighting over screens. He does a lot of things well; letting an athletic point burn him is one of them.
          I agree his one on one defense was decent for sure. But it wasn't as if he was fully committed to helping either. To me it seemed like Demar was in no mans land half way between helping and sticking with his man. Nick Young hit silly shots no doubt especially that corner 3 over Kleiza.

Lowry should have been on Young (is when the missed FG attempts were) or Holiday no question. Casey really dropped the ball tonight on the match ups.

Comment

• I don't see Calderon getting more than 6 a year on a championship team.
            Keep in mind he's coming off the bench and is getting pretty old.

Comment

• RAPresenting wrote: View Post
              Casey really dropped the ball tonight on the match ups.
              Yep, and he's been disastrous all season to this point. Matchups, Rotations, offense and defense have all been horrid.

He's proving Minnesota right.

Comment

• TdotTrizzy wrote: View Post
                I don't see Calderon getting more than 6 a year on a championship team.
                Keep in mind he's coming off the bench and is getting pretty old.
                Calderon would start for most teams and probably get paid around 8 mil.
                as a starter this season he has averaged about 13 assists/game AND his TO/Ast has been the most elite in the league for the longest time.
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Calderon could get 8 mil on shitty teams. No contender will pay him that much to come off the bench!
                  And why would calderon leave Toronto for a mediocre team?
                  He's never been the type of guy who chased money.

Comment

• And let's be real, andrea isn't better at defense. Demar is below average. John Lucas is to small to do anything. It's not just Calderon.
                    And i think he has been playing better d the last two seasons, mainly through zone.
                    Against athletic guards he'll her burned no doubt but at least the efforts there unlike bargs.
                    The other day Calderon grabbed more rebounds than our bigs.

Comment

• Explain to me again this new era of accountability and winning culture cause tonight, like most nights, looks like every other game from the last 4 years. Poor defense. Inability to close out games. Inexplicable lineups.

Casey bungled the 4th. Badly. But the personnel just ain't good enough to win these games. And we shouldn't be surprised cause this is just last year's team, plus Lowry.

Only bright spot: Val was good.

Comment

• Like i said after the 1st Philly game, if other teams play small against us do we have to play small as well? why not let them matchup against us? playing small is not our strength.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• It's wild, cause Mcguires the perfect dude to play the 4 in a small lineup. When you're trying to protect a lead Bargs and Jose shouldn't be on the floor.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                            It's wild, cause Mcguires the perfect dude to play the 4 in a small lineup. When you're trying to protect a lead Bargs and Jose shouldn't be on the floor.
                            But then you have no offense. This team, like all other recent rosters, has all one-dimensional players. You can't have a balanced lineup. It's an impossible position for a coach.

Comment

• We were winning the whole game playing our strategy and not worrying about what Philly is doing. But down the stretch, just because Philly went small, Casey switched from what was working to counter it. This is the same ploy Doug Collins did last time did, and Casey bit on it, went small, and blew the game. Same thing happened tonight. fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

btw during the post game tonight, Casey said the loss is not on strategy. it came down to FTs, boxing out, closing out on shot, hustling (said raps were doing a 'homerun trot' on getting back on D), etc. Im not paraphrasing. He dished the blame onto the players, way to lead Dwane.

Comment

• Bright side: Kyle Lowry is back
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X