No announcement yet.

Are we having 2 draft picks this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we having 2 draft picks this year?

Well all is in the title, I'm asking if we have another pick than our 1st round one. Thank you!

Yes, we have a second round pick according to nbadraft.net.

Comment

After we (hopefully) trade leandro barbosa maybe we'll have another

Comment

Barbosa is making me a bit crazy too, but we really struggle to score with our 2nd unit ... need someone there.

-I'd love to package our 2n rounder with our first to move up - SINCE we're going to be too good for a top level 1st round pick.
        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

AJ360 wrote: View Post
          After we (hopefully) trade leandro barbosa maybe we'll have another
          How many rookies do you want on this team? Next step is to import a studish three or one who is already established, unless James Johnson miraculously develops into one. We got enough youth with Davis, DeRozan, Amir, and Jonas.

Or maybe you're referring to acquiring more picks to trade them.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
            How many rookies do you want on this team? Next step is to import a studish three or one who is already established, unless James Johnson miraculously develops into one. We got enough youth with Davis, DeRozan, Amir, and Jonas.

Fully agree.

Our (likely)Top-5 2012 pick will probably be starting (or playing big minutes) along with Jonas.
            Two Rooks playing significant minutes is enough, considering Demar will only be 23 years old, and Ed will only be 21(?).

Unless we're looking for another Top 3 pick in 2013, I say we start looking for proven Assets, to surround our VERY young core.

[Interesting Trivia] Last year, with a Starting Line up of Demar, Sonny, Bayless, Ed and Amir, the Raptors put out one of the Youngest Starting Lineups in the History of the NBA, with an Average Age of around 22yo.
            Last edited by Joey; Wed Jan 4, 2012, 11:01 AM.

Comment

What about the PG position? I think the easiest way to fill that hole is to acquire a 2nd pick...unless we unexpectedly make a serious run at Deron Williams.

Comment

http://www.nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft I noticed that Quincy Miller isn't on there anymore.... any reason for this? If he is going to slip low enough and we do end up having a decent season in the w/l column then it would be nice to pick him up
                Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

Jon_Wade wrote: View Post
                  http://www.nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft I noticed that Quincy Miller isn't on there anymore.... any reason for this? If he is going to slip low enough and we do end up having a decent season in the w/l column then it would be nice to pick him up
                  I see he is in 2013 as is McAdoo. Not sure why, as in they declared already they will stay an additional year or what, but there was a fair amount of bouncing back and forth last year. The down side is that most of the flippers, (if not all) did delay and stayed in school another year.

Comment

The people at NBADRAFT move players from year to year based on what they expect them do or what their sources are telling them. In Miller's case, he hasn't jumped out to as hot of a start as some people predicted so they think there's a chance that he's back at Baylor next season to try and get himself back in the top 5 of a draft that should be less stacked than 2012. Nothing is set in stone however. Miller could still very easily end up in this year's draft class, and he could very well be back in the top five. A lot will change between now and June.
                    Last edited by Fully; Wed Jan 4, 2012, 12:57 PM.

Comment

thanks for the clarification fellas
                      Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

Well I'm thinking we'll likely be drafting a SF with our top pick one of MKG, Barnes or maybe Jones. If we acquire a later first round pick we could draft a PG like Kendall Marshall who will take over for Jose after his contract expires, since it seems as though Bayless will not be a long term solution at the point.

Our line up next could look like this:

PG, Jose/Kendall/Carter
                        SG, Demar/filler
                        SF, MKG/JJ/Kleiza
                        PF, Bargs/ED
                        C, JV/Amir/Mags

Obviously there are some holes there and this doesn't account for any signings but going forward a lot of these players would have plenty of room to grow.

Comment

The only way I would see having 3 rookies next year (JV, 2012 1st round pick, plus 1) would be if it was a PG. We would have a veteran PG (Calderon or a guy like Raymond Felton) and a rookie backup (Kabongo? I wish). I don't see a good rookie backup point guard much different than what Bayless has brought during the majority of his time in Toronto (yes, Bayless has shown flashes of brilliance but it will be nearly 2 seasons after this year with no consistency, to me that is rookie performance). Plus with a talented, promising rookie backup PG (like Kabongo) he can be groomed to take over the starting role and maybe a guy like Jose can evolve back in to the backup.

Three rookies in the starting line up would be ridiculous. Three in an 8-9 man rotation with solid veterans around them (behind or in front), I could handle (next year: Jose, DD will be year 4, Bargnani year 7, Amir year 8, Kleiza. Then you would have ED and JJ - where do they fit? Are they better than the rooks? Then veterans like Butler and Magloire to round out the roster).

Clearly some changes will be made before the start of next season. ED or Amir not playing is not beneficial, especially ED. Will they go? Will Bargnani go if he continues to play like this? Honestly, I hope not. If Bargnani could play like this, I would look to trade ED or Amir - and of those two probably ED.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            Fully agree.

Our (likely)Top-5 2012 pick will probably be starting (or playing big minutes) along with Jonas.
                            Two Rooks playing significant minutes is enough, considering Demar will only be 23 years old, and Ed will only be 21(?).

Unless we're looking for another Top 3 pick in 2013, I say we start looking for proven Assets, to surround our VERY young core.

[Interesting Trivia] Last year, with a Starting Line up of Demar, Sonny, Bayless, Ed and Amir, the Raptors put out one of the Youngest Starting Lineups in the History of the NBA, with an Average Age of around 22yo.
                            ED is actually 2 months older than DD.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              ED is actually 2 months older than DD.
                              Hilarious. Thanks Matt!
                              Likely should have done a bit more looking around before posting that one. hahaha

Comment

Working...
                              X