This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was going to disagree with this when i saw the title
    but the author made such a great argument that i just have to agree with him..

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
      You don't know anything about basketball, period.
      Multipaul wrote: View Post
      You don't know anything about good names, period.

Comment

Andrea is better than CB4. Period.
        A troll that would make even Tolkien proud.

I was going to give a reasoned and dispassionate rebuttal, but decided that I am not going to be your Huckleberry.

Comment

Barg's skillset and talent is better than Bosh's , but Bosh is more aggressive ( sometimes ). Both cannot dribble to well, they both can take it to the hoop although Bargs doesnt do it enough. Barg's skillset is similar to Dirk's but his BBall IQ and heart is not even close. But overall talentwise I must agree with the original poster , Bargs is a better player, that's why he was chosen #1 overall , cuz of his talent...too bad his heart didnt catch up...yet?

Comment

Reasons Andrea Bargnani could be considered a better player than CB4
            -better shooter
            -more agile, quicker
            -better shot blocker, post defender
            -more potential in terms of physical attributes (he is bigger and faster than Bosh)
            -Better passer, though he doesn't show it very often, when he does it's pretty brilliant
            -Runs the floor much, much better
            -Significantly cheaper

Reasons CB4 is considered better
            -Better rebounder
            -Better Scorer
            -Better team defender
            -better hands (I think, this could go the other way)
            -Far more moves in terms of making shots
            -Ability to piss off and confuse his fans via the internet (he may be the best in the league in this category)

Things I'm not sure about
            -Leadership: we know Bosh can't, maybe Bargs can (probably not)
            -Scoring ability as the number one option: Bargs has not been in that position, and since he is pretty much built to operate in the high post, he may get closer to Bosh if he is ever put in the high post.
            -Desire to win: Neither of them have shown this very well.

Conclusion: While Bosh would seem to be a better player, there is an argument here to say Andrea is better. I don't think he is right now and I honestly doubt he ever will be, but there is a chance.
            "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

He is better in every way.
              1. Skill Set
              2. Growth Potential
              3. Attitude
              4. Better TV Commercials
              5. Better hair
              6. Speaks more languages
              7. Better suits
              8. More international experience
              9. Better website/blog/twitter
              10. Better ambassador/promoter of Toronto and the Raptors
              1.Skill set- 3point shooting 7footer allergic to rebounds vs. 20pts and 10rbs every night.
              2.Growth potential- Bargnani has so far to go in the rebounding department that he wins this catergory by default... which is actually a loss.
              3.Attitude- Has team spirit, leaves it on the floor, shows emotion, vs. not much.
              4.Better TV Commercials- Wow, you really like your pasta.
              5.Better hair- Captain Dread vs. Major Bedhead =tie.
              6.Speaks more languages- Italian, OK english vs. English, very good ebonics
              7.Better suits- Just a matter of taste =tie.
              8.More international experience- Years of shooting 3pointers and playing no defense
              vs. winning an olympic gold medal
              9.Better website/blog/twitter- "Twittergate" vs. ...but at least I am improving a lot with Playstation!
              10.Better ambassador/promoter of Toronto and the Raptors- "I want max money" vs. "I want that TV camera out of my face"

"Twittergate" aside... Bosh wins.

Comment

Heh. Amir is better than Bargnani. But unlike you, I actually believe what I say.

Comment

RikkJames wrote: View Post
                  Barg's skillset and talent is better than Bosh's , but Bosh is more aggressive ( sometimes ). Both cannot dribble to well, they both can take it to the hoop although Bargs doesnt do it enough. Barg's skillset is similar to Dirk's but his BBall IQ and heart is not even close. But overall talentwise I must agree with the original poster , Bargs is a better player, that's why he was chosen #1 overall , cuz of his talent...too bad his heart didnt catch up...yet?
                  Bargnani would have been lucky to be taken in the top ten if he was in the class of 2003. He was taken number one in a draft with no consensus number one. Is Kwame Brown and Kenyon Martin better than Bosh too? I mean they were taken 1st overall.

Comment

that pie chart sucked. looks hadi quality.
                    bargs is a better all around player, just watch.
                    this season will be awesome once overrated, conceited antileader cb is gone
                    trust me when the new raps era starts in october u will see.
                    ps, i dont see bargs sittin at lakers games...right now he is practicing and playing..a real player

Comment

And you're basing this on the limited game time he played without Bosh where he struggled royally with all eyes on him? He's a sidekick.

Comment

Reading material

Andrea Bargnani led all Raptors' starters on Tuesday with 11 points, making 5-of-14 field goals while attempting just one free throw.

Chris Bosh went down early in the first quarter and consequently the starting five finished just 16-of-42 from the floor.
                        MSNBC.com

Maybe what Bargnani lacks more than anything is urgency, a sense of the moment.

Take Bargnani’s performances this year without Chris Bosh in the lineup. On Wednesday against Boston, he was average: 17 points on eight-for-22 shooting with five rebounds in 39 minutes.
                        in the 67 games he has played with Bosh in the lineup this year: 17.1 points, 6.4 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per game on 47.1 per cent shooting. When Bosh plays, Bargnani averages 34.6 minutes of floor time per game.
                        in which he has played and Bosh has not: 15.0 points, 4.6 rebounds, 1.2 blocks per game on 41.6 per cent shooting. When Bosh does not play, Bargnani averages 36.7 minutes of floor time per game.
                        his weaknesses — toughness, rebounding, defence — also happen to mirror his team’s shortcomings.
                        A search through the league reveals that when stars go down, their replacement’s production tends to increase.
                        And when given the opportunity to do more, Bargnani has actually done less.
                        VancouverSun.com

I mentioned yesterday that I think Bargnani’s could be in better condition. This isn’t to say he’s out of shape or that he doesn’t take care of his fitness.
                        By way of evidence I give you his performance on the second night of back-to-backs this season. The Raptors have been pretty abysmal as a group, with just a 3-8 record in these situations.
                        Bargnani’s efficiency falls off a cliff. He is averaging 12 points and 6.2 rebounds and shooting a brick-like 38 per cent from the floor and 28.2 per cent from deep. The scary thing is those numbers are an improvement over his career trend.
                        Bargnani is best on two day’s rest. He shoots 52 per cent, though the rust seems to hurt his deep stroke as he connects on just 32.5 per cent of his triples. With a day between games he shoots 47.6 per cent and 41.9 per cent from beyond the arc.
                        TheGlobeAndMail.com

Comment

that pie chart sucked. looks hadi quality.
                          bargs is a better all around player, just watch.
                          trust me when the new raps era starts in october u will see.
                          ps, i dont see bargs sittin at lakers games...right now he is practicing and playing..a real player
                          Actually his blog says he's practicing Playstation

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                            Reasons Andrea Bargnani could be considered a better player than CB4
                            -better shooter */ Disagree */
                            -more agile, quicker */ Strongly Disagree */
                            -better shot blocker, post defender */ Disagree. Post defender? Not historically, mild improvement this year. Bargs is one of the worst overall defenders in the NBA*/
                            -more potential in terms of physical attributes (he is bigger and faster than Bosh) */ True for many players in the league. Means Nothing */
                            -Better passer, though he doesn't show it very often, when he does it's pretty brilliant */ Mildly Disagree */
                            -Runs the floor much, much better */Strongly disagree */
                            -Significantly cheaper

Reasons CB4 is considered better
                            -Better rebounder
                            -Better Scorer
                            -Better team defender
                            -better hands (I think, this could go the other way)
                            -Far more moves in terms of making shots
                            - draws an instant double team
                            - Better shot selection
                            - Fact that most teams would love to have him
                            - Fact that the coach of the US men's olympic team couldn't say enough good things about him
                            - Higher basketball IQ

Things I'm not sure about
                            -Leadership: we know Bosh can't, maybe Bargs can (probably not)
                            -Scoring ability as the number one option: Bargs has not been in that position, and since he is pretty much built to operate in the high post, he may get closer to Bosh if he is ever put in the high post. */Until you double team him*/
                            -Desire to win: Neither of them have shown this very well. */ Are you kidding? */

Conclusion: While Bosh would seem to be a better player, there is an argument here to say Andrea is better. I don't think he is right now and I honestly doubt he ever will be, but there is a chance.
                            There is no chance. Bargs is a one-dimensional scorer with no post-up game and a shooter who can't create his own shot. He brings a very low basketball IQ, terrible defensive awareness, a lax approach and poor shooting mechanics to the game. I don't know why this city has such a hard-on for him (other than that he's white), but the rest of the basketball world thinks little of him.

Comment

He who plays with better teammates achieves the most success.
                              RR OG

Comment

This pretty much says all I have to say about Bargnani....
                                http://www.wearingfilm.com/picketfen...inst-bargnani/
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X