Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential trade destinations for Lowry: Dec.12 - NY a match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If this is to be believed, I guess Ujiri is happy running with Lowry until season's end.

With the Toronto Raptors playing excellent basketball, they have pulled Kyle Lowry from trade conversations.

The Raptors' management is confident that they have a chance of signing Lowry long-term in the offseason.

The Raptors could readdress the situation if they fall in the standings before the deadline, but the front office remains confident.

“But that won’t happen,” said the source said confidently. “We’re winning this.”
    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...g-In-Offseason

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      If this is to be believed, I guess Ujiri is happy running with Lowry until season's end.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...g-In-Offseason
      If this is to be believed, Masai is happy with his chances of resigning Lowry for the next few seasons.

If the source knows what they are talking about it can only mean that Lowry and his agent have provided assurances that Toronto is an acceptable destination for Lowry. Otherwise Masai would be continuing to pursue trades, so as to avoid having Lowry walk for nothing.

Comment

• or masai wants an offer he can't refuse

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          or masai wants an offer he can't refuse
          With Bledsoe down and out with knee surgery and Phoenix looking for trade partners to continue to make playoffs, they're the most likely ones to make that offer now. And if Kyle gets the All-Star nod...

"What's that? Three 2014 first-rounders? Well gosh."

Comment

• They can be as confident as they want but noone really knows if he's going to resign or try to bolt
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
              With Bledsoe down and out with knee surgery and Phoenix looking for trade partners to continue to make playoffs, they're the most likely ones to make that offer now. And if Kyle gets the All-Star nod...

One can only dream, that we get 3 2014 First-Rounders for Lowry.

Though, Phoenix might get a little desperate...S&T?

Comment

• phiLLy wrote: View Post
                One can only dream, that we get 3 2014 First-Rounders for Lowry.

Though, Phoenix might get a little desperate...S&T?
                What? How would that be good for Toronto? It would be after the draft, and therefore they'd have far fewer assets.

It at least partly depends on how serious Bledsoe's injury is, as the team may try to stay afloat as they are if it's just going to be a short-term problem. If it knocks him out for the season, you can bet they'll at least call Masai to see what it would take to get Lowry.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post

How do you know they are looking for trade partners to continue to make playoffs ?

Comment

• In the past few weeks we have heard everything possible about Lowry. Trade, confident they can resign, extension, options open, still would like a high pick...I absolutely love how Ujiri works.

Now, this is not to advocate for a Lowry trade, but to merely add another piece to gauge the possible market for him. There are currently 10 teams that have injured starting PGs.

Boston – Rondo
                    Brooklyn – Deron
                    Chicago – Rose
                    Houston – Beverley
                    LA Clippers – Paul
                    LA Lakers – Nash (then Blake, followed by Farmar)
                    Miami - Chalmers
                    New Orleans – Holiday
                    OKC – Westbrook
                    Phoenix – Bledsoe

Granted, not all of these teams would be interested, or even have the assets available...I just find it fascinating that a third of the league has these issues.

If things do go south for the Raptors, it seems like Lowry could be one of the most attractive trade chips on the market. Starting caliber PG, on an expiring contract, with RFA status, and only making just over $6mil a year. At this rate even Vasquez could have some value if the Raptors saw fit.
                    http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
                      In the past few weeks we have heard everything possible about Lowry. Trade, confident they can resign, extension, options open, still would like a high pick...I absolutely love how Ujiri works.

Now, this is not to advocate for a Lowry trade, but to merely add another piece to gauge the possible market for him. There are currently 10 teams that have injured starting PGs.

Boston – Rondo
                      Brooklyn – Deron
                      Chicago – Rose
                      Houston – Beverley
                      LA Clippers – Paul
                      Miami - Chalmers
                      New Orleans – Holiday
                      OKC – Westbrook
                      Phoenix – Bledsoe

Granted, not all of these teams would be interested, or even have the assets available...I just find it fascinating that a third of the league has these issues.

If things do go south for the Raptors, it seems like Lowry could be one of the most attractive trade chips on the market. Starting caliber PG, on an expiring contract, with RFA status, and only making just over $6mil a year. At this rate even Vasquez could have some value if the Raptors saw fit.
                      Good point.

I do find it interesting that OKC was one of the initial teams rumored to be interested in Lowry, even when Westbrook was healthy.

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
                        In the past few weeks we have heard everything possible about Lowry. Trade, confident they can resign, extension, options open, still would like a high pick...I absolutely love how Ujiri works.

Boston – Rondo
                        Brooklyn – Deron
                        Chicago – Rose
                        Houston – Beverley
                        LA Clippers – Paul
                        Miami - Chalmers
                        New Orleans – Holiday
                        OKC – Westbrook
                        Phoenix – Bledsoe

Bang on. It seems like the market for Lowry is still growing with all these injuries piling up around the league. I as well am not advocating a trade, but am glad that Ujiri may have some real options out there if he wants to go that route, as you gotta think one of these teams could offer an attractive deal.

Also, just a tidbit, Lowry is not a RFA, he's an UFA, but it would still be appealing for a team that might plan to keep him to acquire him now for his Bird rights. Not quite as strong a position as having him as a RFA, but still better than pursuing him as an outsider.

Comment

• Kyle Lowry #10 MVP Ladder

WOW!

When was the last time one of our players not named Chris Bosh made the MVP Ladder???

MVP Ladder
                          He's averaging 18.8 points, 9.1 assists and 4.8 rebounds in his last 10 games. Those are elite point guard numbers by anyone's measure, but especially so on a team that is 7-3 during that span.
                          Lowry is still not entirely in his prime. Should we really look to trade him?
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                            WOW!

When was the last time one of our players not named Chris Bosh made the MVP Ladder???

MVP Ladder

Lowry is still not entirely in his prime. Should we really look to trade him?
                            Explain? He's 27 and having the best year of his career. I'd say he's exactly in his prime. Don't think he'll get better in an impact sense. *I realize you could mean he could play this way for several more years, but he could also get a sidetracking injury within a couple of years, in which case you've lost the chance to take advantage of his prime value.

Should we look to trade him?

I don't know. I think it was @slaw who posted in another thread....It's very risky to let a guy playing so well walk for nothing. If they can agree to an extension or a gentleman's agreement on a re-signing in the offseason (as he said, it's only illegal if they get caught), that's the ideal scenario for keeping him. Otherwise, you're looking at a guy hitting his prime going into unrestricted free agency, and we know there are teams (Lakers?) who could throw a stupid amount of money at him that Masai might never want to match. It's a really tough call. But management has to do what's best for the team long-term, and losing Lowry for nothing is the worst-case all around.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              Explain? He's 27 and having the best year of his career. I'd say he's exactly in his prime. Don't think he'll get better in an impact sense.

Should we look to trade him?

I don't know. I think it was @slaw who posted in another thread....It's very risky to let a guy playing so well walk for nothing. If they can agree to an extension or a gentleman's agreement on a re-signing in the offseason (as he said, it's only illegal if they get caught), that's the ideal scenario for keeping him. Otherwise, you're looking at a guy hitting his prime going into unrestricted free agency, and we know there are teams (Lakers?) who could throw a stupid amount of money at him that Masai might never want to match. It's a really tough call. But management has to do what's best for the team long-term, and losing Lowry for nothing is the worst-case all around.
                              I agree with your last point. Its either extend or trade him or extend and trade him in the summer. As for my statement on if he has reached his prime, I think that Lowry is still maturing and still growing smarter. At 27 he has a good 3 seasons of polishing his skills before we can start to expect a decline. I think he will be better at 29 than he is today at 27.
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• I still would trade Lowry IF we can get a good young player w/ upside in return or a 1st round pick in next year's draft.

Fact is we can't lose this guy for nothing. Not really sure if we can re-sign him after this season.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X