Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SAM MITCHELL: "Vince Carter didn't want to get traded (the day before he was dealt)"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craiger wrote: View Post
    ...Out of curiousity, where has all this Toronto love for Vince come from over the last year?...
    Maybe he wants to pull a Jamaal Magloire and come to TO for his final season. ;-p

Comment

bhattmagandhi wrote: View Post
      Dude, what are you talking about?

I've been a Raptors fan since the franchise began. I remember watching Alvin Robertson's first bucket (first Raptor to score a point in franchise history). I was a fan then, and i'm a fan now. It's not unbelievable when it's coming from a primary source: namely, the HEAD COACH at the time the trade happened. He's the one letting us in on what happened and on what he said. So unless you think Mitchell is making this up for no good reason, that's what happened.

And Rob Babcock confirmed it.
      ok sorry for questioning your credibility as a fan, but there is something fishy about the drop in production just prior to him being traded followed by his resurgence as an all-star.

everyone calls melo a slimeball for coming out and saying he wanted to leave denver, but even he didn't pull those antics.

(same goes for bosh and lebron, even though the situation was a little different with them being free agents)

Comment

can we trade Fields for VC...id do that :-) id trade Fields for a Pepperoni Slice from Pizza Pizza at this point..

Comment

I don't think Sam Mitchell was a very good coach, and I don't think a Carter-Bosh would've achieved much beyond the 2nd round.

At the end of the day we need to stop worrying about the past, and start thinking about starting over again with Lowry and JV as a START.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

This kind of shocks me, didn't Sam hate Vince? Interesting...

and anyone that thinks vince in his prime and a young bosh wouldn't have done some things are dead wrong.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              This kind of shocks me, didn't Sam hate Vince? Interesting...

and anyone that thinks vince in his prime and a young bosh wouldn't have done some things are dead wrong.
              The great teams in that era were the dominant, prime-Duncan Spurs, the Wade-Shaq Heat, the James Cavs, the stacked Pistons. I really don't see a late 2000s raps team with Vince going much further, considering Vince, prime Jason Kidd and prime Richard Jefferson accomplished really nothing as well.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I don't buy any of the crap that comes out of Mitchells mouth. If he really wanted to stay he'd of said it publicly, kinda like how he let everyone know he wanted out. Besides, he obviously quit on the team. That right there says more than any revisionist BS that Smitch throws out there.
                LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Vince covering for Sam on the body-slam story...now Sam suddenly covering for Vince, hmmm. Babcock handled it all poorly but Vince forced his hand by quiting in a very public way. If VC and Tannenbaum were so close they would have figured it out long before the trade...they didn't because Vince wanted out. If he changed his mind in the 11th hour it was likely because he didn't want to play in the swamp. With all the games Vince was playing at the time, no way Babcock doesn't make the move, that Tannenbaum signed off on.

...I have forgiven Vince and would actually like to see him end his career here or be involved with the franchise in some way.

Comment

The Raptors should continue to distance themselves from Vince Carter. He is everything that went wrong with this franchise and is the epitome of "what-not-to-do" star player behaviour from a fan and franchise perspective.

Simply put, he can never be forgiven. T-Mac, forgiven. Bosh, forgiven. Vince, never.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                      ...Simply put, he can never be forgiven. T-Mac, forgiven. Bosh, forgiven. Vince, never.
                      Exactly.

Comment

I love how VC nut suckers Tim n Sid bring up "what coulda been" with Tmac. What about what coulda been with Bosh, Rose and Jose? All they needed was a post player. A motivated VC, developing JC & Bosh + a post presence (oh how the hoffa draft hurt) could of been very good. Instead he killed his own trade value and set everyone back 3 years with his half assed play.
                        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Wow. Wow. Wow. What an amazing interview. Vince!!!!
                          Peace. Positivity. Prosperity.

Comment

LOL so much of this screams bullshit to me.

Vince apparently conveniently changing his mind on the day he was traded, Vince saying to Sam that he liked the direction the team was going even though he criticized the team for not trading the fourth pick, no one says a word for 6 years....

oh and how about the fact that when he was traded he was averaging 15 ppg on 41% shooting in his 20 games before we traded him doesnt scream to me like a guy who wanted to be in Toronto.

Comment

Raptoronto wrote: View Post
                              Vince covering for Sam on the body-slam story...now Sam suddenly covering for Vince, hmmm. Babcock handled it all poorly but Vince forced his hand by quiting in a very public way. If VC and Tannenbaum were so close they would have figured it out long before the trade...they didn't because Vince wanted out. If he changed his mind in the 11th hour it was likely because he didn't want to play in the swamp. With all the games Vince was playing at the time, no way Babcock doesn't make the move, that Tannenbaum signed off on.
                              ^ Nails it

Comment

Babcock was garbage.

Comment

Working...
                                X