No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Colangelo could pry Ilyasova from the Bucks for Bargs, I'd never speak a bad word of him again. Not only would we get the better player, the Bucks would become worse and give us a better chance of catching them!!

Comment

• Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Don't worry...the team is totally different now with Gay in town, and Bargnani is going to be a spark off the bench.

All we need to do is keeping changing every single team variable to make sure Bargnani has a chance to shine. One day, it's going to work for at least 13 games, I guarantee it!
        AB is no spark of the bench. Last night he had 3 chances for a rebound in a sequence and got zero. He did have a block in this sequence but Knicks eventually scored. He gives no effort to go for ball unless it drops in his lap. Casey knows it but at least now Casey is playing to win games not appease the golden boy.

Comment

• phillythekid wrote: View Post
          If Colangelo could pry Ilyasova from the Bucks for Bargs, I'd never speak a bad word of him again. Not only would we get the better player, the Bucks would become worse and give us a better chance of catching them!!
          Lol

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
            AB is no spark of the bench. Last night he had 3 chances for a rebound in a sequence and got zero. He did have a block in this sequence but Knicks eventually scored. He gives no effort to go for ball unless it drops in his lap. Casey knows it but at least now Casey is playing to win games not appease the golden boy.
            I was being sarcastic.

Comment

• 30 minutes of Boozer is worse than 15 minutes of Bargnani

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
                The "trade Bargnani" narrative is threatening to ruin this team, one way or the other, if management starts to listen to fans.

Taking on Boozer's deal is not "certainly MUCH better" than keeping Bargnani. It *could* be better, if everything works out perfectly for Boozer in TO. But it could also be financial albatross, a chemistry-killer, a bane on the development of Valanciunas, and/or many other negative things before he comes off the books.

I'm on record as saying Bargnani has to go. But this "at all costs" narrative suggests that he's having some sort of soul-killing negative effect on the fortunes of the franchise. An unbiased look at the state of the team today says that's a vast over-estimation of Il Mago's relative impact.
                Thank you for some sanity....It is essential moving Bargs be done properly.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  It is a great year to be looking for backup PG's and a mini-MLE would be available.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-free-agents

I don't think Boozer is ideal but it is certainly MUCH better than keeping Bargnani. Also, he becomes a huge expiring contract in 2 seasons time.
                  We are not going to sign any free agent better than Boozer so if Chicago will dump we should take him.

Comment

• I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet as I haven't read the entire thread. But someone please tell me if I am completely ridiculous by saying that I don't like the Carlos Boozer deal because I just don't want to cheer for Carlos Boozer. I mean, I could come on here and veil my disdain for Boozer with some thoughts on his defence or whatever but at the end of the day I just don't like dude and I have no real justification as to why (besides the time he dumped paint on his head and tried to pass it off as hair).

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that there probably isn't much of a doubt whether Boozer would make our team better but I really just don't want "that guy" starting at the 4 spot for us. Is this such a crime?
                    read my intelligent tweets

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      I agree. I don't think Boozer is a big enough upgrade worthy of making us a luxury tax team. Is Boozer worth loosing all financial flexibility for, including loosing the option of signing free agents in the offsease using the various exceptions? I don't think so.
                      We are not going to sign 15 and 10 FA period.

Comment

• Even with the other contracts coming off the books after next season? That's depressing.
                        CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        If if Bargnani is amnestied, the team would still be over the salary cap and therefore only able to sign free agents for various exceptions. The Raps wouldn't be able to offer big contracts, unless done via S&T deal.

Comment

Exactly beggars can't be choicer. We always knew they only way to get rid of Barny would be to take back a bad contract. Well here it is.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Meh, I'm fine with the way things are going. Casey's not being pushed to give Andrea time and so he can hold him accountable. One of these days Andrea will get hot, and it will likely be a day when Anderson is not. That day, we'll be glad that we have another scoring option coming off our bench.
                            I don't hate him enough to take back a lousy contract. He'll prove useful, and maybe he'll get hot enough that someone will overpay for him. We couldn't get Hedo for him right now..

Comment

We also have no idea if trading for Boozer means getting 2 seasons of 15 and 10....period.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                We also have no idea if trading for Boozer means getting 2 seasons of 15 and 10....period.
                                True, but there seems to be a little more certainty with Boozer, as opposed to a faceless, hypothetical free agent who may or may not want to sign here.

Comment

Working...
                                X