This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buddahfan wrote: View Post

What is maybe a few million for a guy that helps your team win?
    Well, I think he deserve less than half of what he is getting now. His services can be obtained at much lower prices for Raptors.

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    If Lebron wanted him back maybe you should rethink your opinion.

Just saying
    And Look how that turned up and how many rings Lebron won with V playing along side him Just because Lebron made a mistake, it does not mean Raptors should to.

Comment

Expect the unexpected, every off season we get hit with crazy trades and signing aka Turk coming to Toronto. I want to see him walk and still not not make the playoffs, then he'll begin to wonder why he ever left.

Comment

DuCa00795 wrote: View Post
        Bosh will go anywhere to win a title. He knows he can't win a championship being the number one man, so he has to go somewhere where he knows he will win. Cleveland is perfect for him.
        Bosh doesn't have to go to Cleveland to win a title. Bosh can go to the Lakers and win a title. He can go to Miami and win a title. Hell, there's a chance he could go to Chicago and win a title. And if LeBron signs with New York, he could go to New York and win a title. All destinations are preferable to Cleveland, quite frankly.

And those that are bitching that he's a prima dona because he wants to go to a cosmopolitan you're working far too hard to find things to criticize him for. If I had the choice between Miami, New York, Los Angeles or Cleveand, there's no friggin way I would pick Cleveland.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I don't see what the Cavs can offer us, but if they convince Bosh to sign, then we'll be forced to deal or tell Bosh to sign there for less money.

I don't think he's going to Cleveland, though. I mean, if he wanted to win a championship and guarantee himself a spot next to LBJ, then he'd do it but I think personal marketing in a big city is one of Bosh's top priorities in free-agency. He's not signing in a small city even if he had MJ in his prime playing with him.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
            I don't see what the Cavs can offer us, but if they convince Bosh to sign, then we'll be forced to deal or tell Bosh to sign there for less money.
            I think you're overstating it a bit when you say "forced to". If Bosh picks Chicago, Miami or NY, yes, we will be forced to make that choice. Cleveland and LA are teams where the Raptors actually have some leverage. There is absolutely no way Bosh will agree to sign for the MLE right before the CBA change. If anything, Cleveland will be forced to make us a decent offer. How unhappy with the Cavs would Bosh be if they told him: "Hey, we skimped on the offer, so you're going to have to make the sacrifice here and accept 10+ mil less each year. Look on the bright side though, with your monetary sacrifice, we'll be able to keep Hickson to back you up, as well as some late-1st round prospects the next few years." He'd just say, no problem, I'm going to Miami then. Miami > Cleveland.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              And those that are bitching that he's a prima dona because he wants to go to a cosmopolitan you're working far too hard to find things to criticize him for. If I had the choice between Miami, New York, Los Angeles or Cleveand, there's no friggin way I would pick Cleveland.
              Damn right. Outside of Toronto, if I had to pick a place for a young professional (that's basically what these basketball players are), it'd be New York. Not even Miami, LA or Chicago, and definitely not Cleveland (no offense).

Comment

Working...
              X