This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    Brandon Roy was the consensus most ready NBA player at the time by most experts.smh Potential gets coaches fired ie Sam Mitchell.

Fyi- I'm from Seattle I have watched BRoy play ever since HS so I knew all about him at the 2006 draft.
    If you're from Seattle then you should spend your time fishing during the nice coho run because your biased basketball bs is old and tiresome. Wow isn't it amazing that you know everything four years after the draft!! If you are going to do that then you could go on and on about many draft years including Michael Jordan's, and Bosh's. Also just to be clear IMO Brandon Roy is not the best player out of that draft and if I were picking he would still not be first. Rondo is and will be a much better player than Roy throughout his career. Roy is a jacker with a mediocre shot, but that was not your purpose...you only have one purpose in life it seems and that is to constrantly drivel on about how bad Bargnani is. You're an idiot.

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
      Get a life- how are you going to tell me how and/or what to post? Is that seriously anal or what?

Get real...........smfh@u lmfao@u

Your continuous personal attacks on me despite thread particulars to the contrary is very self revealing........smh smh smh smh smh smh smh smh smh smh smh smh

If you want to play with someone do like Willie D said and Play Wit'cha Ya Mama:
      You are such a loser!

Comment

DonCarlos wrote: View Post
        Calderon wasn't drafted. He was signed as a free agent.
        You are correct. Thks.

Comment

Why are we talking about something that happened 4 years ago that we had no control over? Is Doc Brown on this forum?
          "Come back, Lisa, you little love killer...Come back Lisa, Lisa Lisamiller."
          -Newsradio

Comment

Pizzaman wrote: View Post
            If you're from Seattle then you should spend your time fishing during the nice coho run because your biased basketball bs is old and tiresome. Wow isn't it amazing that you know everything four years after the draft!! If you are going to do that then you could go on and on about many draft years including Michael Jordan's, and Bosh's. Also just to be clear IMO Brandon Roy is not the best player out of that draft and if I were picking he would still not be first. Rondo is and will be a much better player than Roy throughout his career. Roy is a jacker with a mediocre shot, but that was not your purpose...you only have one purpose in life it seems and that is to constrantly drivel on about how bad Bargnani is. You're an idiot.
            Not you again:

How are you going to try and tell me what to do with my time? That's really anal, buddy-ro.lol

Btw- aren't you the same guy who posted (twice) on RR insinuating that I support getting players like Arenas and/or West while constantly berating the Rap's good character Euro players or words to that effect? Yes you are.smh

It seems that Pizzaman likes starting bs forum rumors smh:

Fyi- I have never ever ever ever supported any posted idea that the Rap's should acquire either Arenas nor West- comprehend?smh That is nothing more than a complete untenable fabrication created out of the depths of your mind & posted by you in order to make yourself come off as somehow being correct..smh Tell the truth and shame the devil.smh

As well, you would pick Rondo over Roy in a redraft- fair enough. But Bargnani isn't even a top 5 player from that draft 4 plus years after the fact: Rondo, Roy, Aldridge, Gay, Milsap.......but still Barg's is not better than the 6th best player from the 2006 draft in my mind. Foye & Brewer are aguablly just as good as Barg's as well.

Barg's is very skilled but not very willed. For all of his natural talent his on court game is lacking especially on the defense end and when it comes to doing the historical big man particulars ie protecting the rim, boxing out/rebounding, controlling the paint (awareness) and so forth. His hustle game is almost non existant if the ball doesn't come straight to him he rarely chases it down. Plus, I have never seen Barg's get a floor burn chasing after a loose ball that I can recall- do you really think that his teammates don't notice that lack of hustle or effort? Barg's needs to play 48 minutes (or however many he is in the game for) with heart like the less skilled but more willed Evans and more folks could live with his game.

Calling me an idot & a loser- what does that prove? Why the need to attack my person over a thread which isn't even in my words but that of NBA Fanhouse?smh lol

Just so that you're aware of this both Tim W & yourself have played yourselves out with me in this forum with your personal attacks so be advised that I will not be responding to any of your posts that are directed at me- have a great life- pal.
            Last edited by SirChillyMost; Sun Nov 7, 2010, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Well said! Unfortunately this idiot from Seattle doesn't have the Supersonics to bash with continual ignorance as he does the Raps. I would say let's all just ignore this wannabe rapper/loser, however his moronic ramblings need to be dealt with to regain some semblence of intelligent postings on this forum.

Comment

why did you ever bring up this draft?
                this is the draft that couldve made us legit contenders witht the correct pick
                obviously it didnt...
                and i agree with the drafr order you suggested
                but at the time, brandon roy was passed on by many teams for god knows what reason
                oh well, we have to live with bargnani now...
                http://www.twitter.com/YateeshKevin23

Comment

Roy was one of the best prospects in the draft. And if he didn't have health issues he would have been a top 3 pick.

Comment

RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
                    Well said! Unfortunately this idiot from Seattle doesn't have the Supersonics to bash with continual ignorance as he does the Raps. I would say let's all just ignore this wannabe rapper/loser, however his moronic ramblings need to be dealt with to regain some semblence of intelligent postings on this forum.
                    Um, dude. You just contradicted everything you just posted. And I don't think it's nice to make fun of the Supersonics, I have a lot of friends from Seattle, and I lived there for 2 years and it was a very serious thing. And you can make fun of them now, but if they ever take the Raptors away how would you feel?
                    And calling others idiots, ignorant, and moronic doesn't make you look so smart either, you also spelled semblance wrong. Also the guy might be annoying, I dislike him honestly. When I first joined the forum he got into heated arguments with loads of members but it doesn't really give us the right, unless he personally attacked you, to call him an idiot. Plus you wrote all of this to his two sentences about Brandon Roy which aren't exactly wrong...

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                      Um, dude. You just contradicted everything you just posted. And I don't think it's nice to make fun of the Supersonics, I have a lot of friends from Seattle, and I lived there for 2 years and it was a very serious thing. And you can make fun of them now, but if they ever take the Raptors away how would you feel?
                      And calling others idiots, ignorant, and moronic doesn't make you look so smart either, you also spelled semblance wrong. Also the guy might be annoying, I dislike him honestly. When I first joined the forum he got into heated arguments with loads of members but it doesn't really give us the right, unless he personally attacked you, to call him an idiot. Plus you wrote all of this to his two sentences about Brandon Roy which aren't exactly wrong...
                      Joe buddy you are right that personal insults are usually not necessary or warranted but this guy sirchillywilly provokes the absolute worst in many of us, and he has often slandered me personally so indeed this guy is an idiot and a loser who spends his time on youtube watching so called rap videos of his heroes. He says he is not a fan, yet continually stirs the pot with his only view. I was not dissing Seattle here either as I have been many times and worked there for awhile. It's an awesome town and I was at Key Arena watching Kemp, Schremp and Payton take on Jordan, Pippen and the Bulls in the playoffs ( awesome basketball). I went to many ball games in Seattle and it's a shame they lost that team, but this guy is not their normal fan as he so states , but rather he is a moron.

Comment

YKR23 wrote: View Post
                        why did you ever bring up this draft?
                        this is the draft that couldve made us legit contenders witht the correct pick
                        obviously it didnt...
                        and i agree with the drafr order you suggested
                        but at the time, brandon roy was passed on by many teams for god knows what reason
                        oh well, we have to live with bargnani now...
                        So since Roy's arrival in Portland, has that made them contenders? They've yet to make it out of the first round.
                        Aside from Rondo, not one player in this draft should be considered "franchise players", or "players that would have made us contenders"

Comment

SirChilly - I don't think you've ever realized it, but when you use "smh", it's insulting - it's just as bad as someone resorting to name-calling. Do you do that in real life when you have a conversation? Do you shake your head at them when they bring up their point/opinion? If you use it once in a while, when warranted, it's cool, but you over-use the acronym.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                            So since Roy's arrival in Portland, has that made them contenders? They've yet to make it out of the first round.
                            Aside from Rondo, not one player in this draft should be considered "franchise players", or "players that would have made us contenders"
                            Portland's made it to the second round on multiple occasions I believe. As for Roy, if you don't consider him franchise you have to admit, he's pretty damn close.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                              SirChilly - I don't think you've ever realized it, but when you use "smh", it's insulting - it's just as bad as someone resorting to name-calling. Do you do that in real life when you have a conversation? Do you shake your head at them when they bring up their point/opinion? If you use it once in a while, when warranted, it's cool, but you over-use the acronym.
                              First off, who are you to tell me how to post? When warranted? By whom? You?lol Sounds more than a little anal to me friend.smh

Secondly, SMH is not name calling nor just as bad as name calling- only to a reprobate mind: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=smh it's Internet slang for shaking one's head nothing more, nothing less. There is nothing insulting about it at all unless you're just trying to start something over nothing- MangoKid?

Thirdly, this is the Internet buddy & I'm using commonly often used Internet slang. As well, we are not talking face to face- so save your facetious analogies for some kool aid drinking mentally weak sheep- pal. Also, there is this item called Freedom of Expression in our Society as you're not going to like alot of things that other people do but as they say in basketball- no harm no foul.smh

Fourthly, there are multiple people attacking me & calling me names like- idiot, in this thread and you choose to address me- not them, over some complete SMH balderdash? Really now?lmfao@u

In closing remember b4 you try 2 check me you need 2 check urself as Ice Cube would say:
                              Last edited by SirChillyMost; Mon Nov 8, 2010, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Krix wrote: View Post
                                Portland's made it to the second round on multiple occasions I believe. As for Roy, if you don't consider him franchise you have to admit, he's pretty damn close.
                                Sorry I wasn't clear. My point was has Portland has made it to the second round since Roy's arrival?

2009-10 Portland 50 32 .610 3rd Northwest Division 2 4 .333 Lost West Conf 1st Rd
                                2008-09 Portland 54 28 .659 2nd Northwest Division 2 4 .333 Lost West Conf 1st Rd
                                2007-08 Portland 41 41 .500 3rd Northwest Division - - - DNQ
                                2006-07 Portland 32 50 .390 3rd Northwest Division - - - DNQ

So, 4 seasons and 2 playoff berths and never out of the first round.

I wouldn't say he's on the same level as Paul, Howard, Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Drk - those guys are franchise guys. I wouldn't say he's close either. But that's not discounting him as a player. I think he's very good, he's an all-star, but I don't think he's capable of putting a team on his back and willing them to playoff series victories. He's more of a "robin", not a "batman"

Comment

Working...
                                X