Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors in discussion with 76ers for Igoudala (Thorn denies rumor (#163)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Philly doesn't need 2 backup PG (behind Holiday) and they don't need JJ for SF (they have Young and Harkless).

DeRozan is tough to giveup, but he is easily expendable now after the draft (Ross), signing Fields and now trading for Iggy. They'd still even have Kleiza and JJ, so one would think another player would likely wind up being dealt away.

Plus you have to giveup something of real value to get a legit all-star. Davis and Calderon are basically backups at this point, so I think it is fair (hard yes, but fair) to include DeRozan.
    I did read that Philly was looking at moving Holiday to SG and pursuing a PG. Don't remember where I read that.

Comment

Do the damn trade, we need to get all the losers out of town. When I mean losers I mean players who have been functioning in a loser culture and not adjusting well with the new coach.

Calderon, DeMar, JJ, Davis all of them for Iggy and Vucecic do the damn deal BC.
      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Philly doesn't need 2 backup PG (behind Holiday) and they don't need JJ for SF (they have Young and Harkless).

DeRozan is tough to giveup, but he is easily expendable now after the draft (Ross), signing Fields and now trading for Iggy. They'd still even have Kleiza and JJ, so one would think another player would likely wind up being dealt away.

Plus you have to giveup something of real value to get a legit all-star. Davis and Calderon are basically backups at this point, so I think it is fair (hard yes, but fair) to include DeRozan.
        If so, no to Iguodala. BC is very capable of pulling this off, but since we'd have to give up on Derozan, who many people believed he will be better than Iguodala when he was first drafted, I don't wanna have him. Like many have said already, Iguodala will soon be on the decline, anyways, JJ is a poor-mans Iguodala, so what's the point? JJ is younger as well.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
          Do the damn trade, we need to get all the losers out of town. When I mean losers I mean players who have been functioning in a loser culture and not adjusting well with the new coach.

Calderon, DeMar, JJ, Davis all of them for Iggy and Vucecic do the damn deal BC.
          Demar has too much upside, and Calderon had one of his best seasons as a raptor with Casey...
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            I did read that Philly was looking at moving Holiday to SG and pursuing a PG. Don't remember where I read that.
            Isn't holiday asking for a max contract? Can they even afford to keep him? Maybe getting calderon is finding a replacement for him.

Comment

I assume this deal would change their minds.

PF - Brand, Davis, Moultrie
              SF - Young, Harkless
              SG - DeRozan, Evans
              PG - Holiday, Calderon

Unless they start DeRozan at SF and go with DD/Evans/Holiday

Comment

Plus you have to giveup something of real value to get a legit all-star.
                How about Magloire as our legit all-star? Screw this trade and stick with our young talent. Demar is someone we have spent time developing and I don't want to give up on him just yet.

Again, I don't think this is bad trade at all. I like Iggy but somehow this trade reminds me of Turk saga.

Comment

Love the idea of getting Iggy, but I'm affraid we're giving up too much proven and potential talent for him. At least send Amir instead of Davis and maybe take back another contract. But on the bright side, Iggy's deal will likely come off the books next yr when he opts out to test the market. We're in a good financial situation so his contract will probably translate to pure cap space, plus the FA class is better next yr.

Comment

I assume this deal would change their minds.

PF - Brand, Davis, Moultrie
                    SF - Young, Harkless
                    SG - DeRozan, Evans
                    PG - Holiday, Calderon

Unless they start DeRozan at SF and go with DD/Evans/Holiday
                    I would be surprised if Brand is back but I've been wrong before. I see this:

PG: Calderon
                    SG: Holiday, DD
                    SF: Evans, Young, Harkless
                    PF: Brand, Davis, Moultrie

I think Harkless is a project, Young remains 6th man, and DD becomes Lou off the bench.

Comment

jimmyhunter wrote: View Post
                      Love the idea of getting Iggy, but I'm affraid we're giving up too much proven and potential talent for him. At least send Amir instead of Davis and maybe take back another contract. But on the bright side, Iggy's deal will likely come off the books next yr when he opts out to test the market. We're in a good financial situation so his contract will probably translate to pure cap space, plus the FA class is better next yr.
                      Agreed. I would much prefer DD, Amir and Bayless, but then we're arguing about our backup PF/PG, so I'm not toooo concerned.

Comment

I would be surprised if Brand is back but I've been wrong before. I see this:

PG: Calderon
                        SG: Holiday, DD
                        SF: Evans, Young, Harkless
                        PF: Brand, Davis, Moultrie

I think Harkless is a project, Young remains 6th man, and DD becomes Lou off the bench.
                        I think they like all the positional flexibility they'd have with guys like Holiday, Williams, Evans, DeRozan and Young

Comment

draftedraptor wrote: View Post
                          How about Magloire as our legit all-star? Screw this trade and stick with our young talent. Demar is someone we have spent time developing and I don't want to give up on him just yet.

Again, I don't think this is bad trade at all. I like Iggy but somehow this trade reminds me of Turk saga.
                          The Raps would still have loads of young talent

Player (age during next season):

C - Valanciunas (20)
                          PF - Bargnani (27)
                          PF - Amir (25)
                          PF - Acy (22)
                          SF - Fields (24)
                          SF - Kleiza (27/28)
                          SF - J.Johnson (25/26)
                          SG - Ross (21/22)
                          PG - Lowry (26/27)
                          PG - Bayless (24)
                          PG - Uzoh (24/25)

SF - Iggy (28/29)

Comment

Source?? I can't find this anywhere and don't think it's a legit rumour at all.

Comment

optifan wrote: View Post
                              Source?? I can't find this anywhere and don't think it's a legit rumour at all.
                              ya ive just been searching to & have found nothing..

Comment

draftedraptor wrote: View Post

My concern has nothing to do with another Turk-gate scenario.

AI is looking to get paid one more time and is 2 years younger than Turk was.

My concerns would be:

1) his game is based on athleticism and he is getting older (happens to all of us)
                                2) his Achilles has been an issue for the last 2 years I believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X