NBA standings since 95-96

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axel wrote: View Post
    I'm pretty sure if we added playoff wins during that same span we'd be dead last. The Grizzlies have been a successful playoff team for the last couple of years, the Warriors are likely close but still ahead. Clippers should surpass our all-time playoffs wins this season alone and even the Wizards make it eventually.
    If we count in ESPN projections for the next season AND add playoff wins, I guess we would find the way to create the table that would have the Raptors last. But lets not rush. Lets see what happens this season.

Comment

I'm not trying to skew the list so we are last, but in terms of team success, playoff wins are definitely an important factor to consider.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
        I'm not trying to skew the list so we are last, but in terms of team success, playoff wins are definitely an important factor to consider.
        You mean along with regular season wins?
        I can agree with that, but when we are comparing bad teams, these is no point on comparing them based on playoff results because there is very little to compare them on.
        The only thing we can do is put playoff wins into standings we created.

Comment

Karl Marx. wrote: View Post
          You mean along with regular season wins?
          I can agree with that, but when we are comparing bad teams, these is no point on comparing them based on playoff results because there is very little to compare them on.
          The only thing we can do is put playoff wins into standings we created.
          Even the bad teams will have some playoff success when you are looking at such an extended period. If you were looking at a 5 year window, then I'd agree that they aren't as relevant, but in total team success over 17 years, playoff wins are definitely an important consideration.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

It begs the question - are we in denial about how truly miserable the past (nearly) 20 years have been? It doesn't seem that bad. This franchise doesn't feel as dysfunctional as the Sterling's Clippers (pre-Paul/Griffin), the Wolves (KAHN!), or the Wizards (guns in the locker room!). How is it that the Raps haven't hit some of the low lows of some of these teams, yet record-wise are just as bad? Fan blinders?
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
              It begs the question - are we in denial about how truly miserable the past (nearly) 20 years have been? It doesn't seem that bad. This franchise doesn't feel as dysfunctional as the Sterling's Clippers (pre-Paul/Griffin), the Wolves (KAHN!), or the Wizards (guns in the locker room!). How is it that the Raps haven't hit some of the low lows of some of these teams, yet record-wise are just as bad? Fan blinders?
              I think a part of it is that we haven't seemed completely incompetent at the time, unlike Sterling's Clippers or Kahn - draft every PG strategy. Most of the moves made by the team, we generally accepted as "worth the risk" moves or good deals. Sadly, few if any, turned out as expected.

Most of the roster successes for the Raps came early on, so we were able to build quickly then fall into the painful dark hole we've been in since 2002.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                I can not agree that our history has been miserable. For an expansion team, we have done well during the first 7 seasons. The next 11 were problematic.

The thing with the Clippers is, they have been designed to be unsuccessful. Other teams were just unlucky or dumb.

What we did last season was 3rd reason why teams are unsuccessful. GM broke of rebuilding process in order to chance the playoffs and save his job. That cost us dearly.

Comment

Karl Marx. wrote: View Post
                  29. Memphis 547 wins.
                  28. Clippers 554.
                  27. Golden State 557.
                  26. Washington 578.
                  25. Toronto 581.
                  Updated standings:
                  Grizzlies 547
                  Clippers 554
                  Warriors 558
                  Wizards 578