No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• basically what i'm saying is defense is waaaayyyyyyy easier to learn than offense. Stauskas, like axel mentioned, already has a few desirable pro qualities where he could make an impact as a rookie. if he got even average at defense you're looking at a high quality starter.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
      I mentioned this earlier, but i like the idea of drafting shabazz and anderson as a duo lol.

But also, that new RPM stat on ESPN hates volume scoring PGs like Jennings, augustin and aaron brooks.
      i don't get the anderson love at all but that's just me i guess
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        never said he was a good defender, just that he has the qualities needed to be an effective one.

people need to remember, but that Michigan team wasn't really built to defend, per se. it was built to run and gun.
        Agreed. Stauskas didn't defend at Michigan because nobody defended at Michigan. Put him on a defensive team, and he'll pick up enough team concepts to manage fine. He won't ever be a lock down guy, but I see no reason he can't be a solid contributor.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

i don't get the anderson love at all but that's just me i guess
          Me too!!

Just because he's tall for one position, doesn't mean he can play in the NBA. I don't see any NBA level skills.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

never said he was a good defender, just that he has the qualities needed to be an effective one.

people need to remember, but that Michigan team wasn't really built to defend, per se. it was built to run and gun.
            What qualities? He's at least as athletically challenged as Andersen. He has poor length and wingspan. And he's not strong.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

I mentioned this earlier, but i like the idea of drafting shabazz and anderson as a duo lol.

But also, that new RPM stat on ESPN hates volume scoring PGs like Jennings, augustin and aaron brooks.
              Aaron Brooks isn't that bad. If it wasn't for the lock-out and his trip to China, he likely would have been more on the radar this season (as opposed to 3rd string on Houston behind Beverley and Lin). Brooks has been tearing it up down the stretch now that he is getting minutes (since a trade).

I also can't imagine the words "volume scorer" and "augustin"

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                What qualities? He's at least as athletically challenged as Andersen. He has poor length and wingspan. And he's not strong.

ummmmm.....shoot?

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  Aaron Brooks isn't that bad. If it wasn't for the lock-out and his trip to China, he likely would have been more on the radar this season (as opposed to 3rd string on Houston behind Beverley and Lin). Brooks has been tearing it up down the stretch now that he is getting minutes (since a trade).

I also can't imagine the words "volume scorer" and "augustin"
                  from espn insider:

Score-first point guards

Examples: D.J. Augustin (-4.7), Aaron Brooks (-4.0), Brandon Jennings (-4.4)

There's one other skill statistic that correlates as well with RPM as steals, and that's assists, which is the strongest single factor in offensive RPM. That's bad news for point guards who tend to rack up relatively few of them.

The other common factor among Augustin, Brooks and Jennings is that they're poor, undersized defenders. But while some point guards, such as Ramon Sessions (-1.4), can compensate at the other end, this group's offensive ratings are much worse than the average point guard. RPM simply isn't impressed by their volume scoring, which generally doesn't translate to wins.
                  "Bruno?
                  Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

from espn insider:
                    Augustin doesn't score though. So while it's true he's awful defensively, he's not exactly a light 'em up scorer like the others mentioned. He's an awful basketball player who is slightly better on offence.

Comment

Augustin doesn't score though. So while it's true he's awful defensively, he's not exactly a light 'em up scorer like the others mentioned. He's an awful basketball player who is slightly better on offence.
                      he is averaging 17.6 points per 36 with chicago.
                      "Bruno?
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

ummmmm.....shoot?
                        We were talking D.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          We were talking D.

I'm talking draft. Stauskas will be better than Anderson in the NBA. I also think Stauskas isn't as bad athletically as you think.

Comment

• Offense is WAY easier to learn than defense.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

he is averaging 17.6 points per 36 with chicago.
                              Forgot the stats for a second, can you honestly say with a straight face that DJ Augustin is a scorer?

Comment

Forgot the stats for a second, can you honestly say with a straight face that DJ Augustin is a scorer?
                                I can say that he's being used that way this year in Chicago. It may be a result of Thib's system, but who knows.
                                "Bruno?
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X