No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Stojakovic & Bayless to the Raptors for Jack, Banks & Andersen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm almost 100% sure that Toronto is at the bottom of Melo's "teams I'd like the be dealt too" list.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
      Getting LeBron and Howard would be awesome, too. Maybe the Raptors can offer some expiring contracts for them, too.
      i think youre trying to be sarcastic.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
        You think New Orleans, who are tied for the best record in the league, are going to trade their starting center, who's finally starting to fit in, for a trade exception, despite the only other players on the roster that are over 6'9 are Jason Smith and Didier Ilunga-Mbenga who would give the Hornets the worst starting center in the entire league, possibly the worst in the last ten years?

I think the Okafor ship has sailed.
        why not? if they get cap space, maybe they can make room for Lebron or Howard, hopefully the Raps make a move first!

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
          why not? if they get cap space, maybe they can make room for Lebron or Howard, hopefully the Raps make a move first!
          Cap space isn't necessarily the issue. It's the fact that big name players don't want to play in Toronto. Proof is in the pudding my friend.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
            Cap space isn't necessarily the issue. It's the fact that big name players don't want to play in Toronto. Proof is in the pudding my friend.
            hahaha im being sarcastic doc. Tim was sarcastic on my Melo post. dont know why. i didnt say the raptors should get him, i merely raised a point that the raps shouldnt get melo because demar and sonny will lose shots.

Comment

hahaha im being sarcastic doc. Tim was sarcastic on my Melo post. dont know why. i didnt say the raptors should get him, i merely raised a point that the raps shouldnt get melo because demar and sonny will lose shots.
              My bad .... I need to take my sarcasm radar in for repairs.

Comment

Winning will solve this issue except for the truly ignorant of players.

Comment

My bad .... I need to take my sarcasm radar in for repairs.
                  if you were BC, how would you go about convincing an elite player to come play for toronto?

Comment

if you were BC, how would you go about convincing an elite player to come play for toronto?
                    Buy them a really nice skidoo and lease him a really nice igloo with a personal security system. (ie. husky)

Comment

With JJ being a sort of mentor to the Younggunz/onze, would him being traded hurt their development or maturity going forward? Also, I hope Peja is not included or to be shipped elsewhere...Im getting Turkoglu vibes thinking about him.

Comment

i think youre trying to be sarcastic.
                        I'm not trying. I'm doing.

Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Stupid trade

So we give up a quality backup big man and backup point guard (and expiring contract) for an expiring contract in Peja that we don't need, and a tweener guard that doesn't have a whole lot of potential. Is BC for real??? We should be eating contracts right now in deals that include draft picks and quality younger players...not looking to acquire them. Isn't that the whole point of the TPE??? Yeesh. BC better be flipping Peja and his expiring contract somewhere else for something good...

Comment

Anthony would be an awesome addition, but wouldnt getting him hinder the development of Demar, Sonny and Davis? For sure Melo's going to chuck at least 20 shots a night....
                            Lol opposite. I think Melo would be amazing mentor for weems derozan they all play same position but its never a bad thing to have to many good wing players. Just last year we were all complaning how toronto had no wings if we got anthony wed have best wings.. plusss the weems melo denver connection maybe enough to convince melo tdot is the place to be....

Comment

DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
                              Lol opposite. I think Melo would be amazing mentor for weems derozan they all play same position but its never a bad thing to have to many good wing players. Just last year we were all complaning how toronto had no wings if we got anthony wed have best wings.. plusss the weems melo denver connection maybe enough to convince melo tdot is the place to be....
                              even with melo, this is barely a playoff team...

in an earlier post you were willing to give up a 1st round pick for him...

how would that benefit the raps in the future when melo signs with NYK ?

Comment

I think it is a great move! Gives us some expiring money for next year and it finally gives us a 1 PG that being Calderon to set the team up. Lately Jack has been playing poorly and is always looking for his shot and not setting up a team mate. Calderon is a better floor general and lately his game is coming around. Good move! I would'nt be surprised that with the trading of another big in Anderson that Dampiere is a possible replacement for Anderson and fill a vaccant spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X