Bynum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bynum?

O.k im new to this and I have an idea id like some feedback on. Since we have more financial flexibility with Rudy being traded and all why don't we trade Patterson, salmon (eating up Ross' minutes) and another player to Cleveland for Bynum and the top 12 protected pick they got from the Kings. Getting Bynum outta Cleveland seems to be a priority for the Cleveland brass and since Bynum is injured he wouldn't take away minutes from JV. I like this idea because im not a fan of tanking and would rather stock pile assets along with whatever pick we get in the draft and trade for Wiggins. What do y'all think and be kind lol.

Not a bad idea. Not sure what Cleveland's take on it would be. They could use some depth up front though, and Patterson would probably become their best shooting big. They may have interest in a complementary wing like Salmons, especially since his non-guaranteed deal can help them maintain some flexibility similar to what Bynum's deal gives them.

Would they attach a 1st rounder though? I would kind of want the 2015 Memphis 1st rounder they've got coming. It's top 5 and playoff protected, very similar to the pick BC gave up for Lowry. Memphis looks like they'll have a hard time staying competitive in the West. The 2014 Sacto pick is likely not coming this year and stays top 10 protected, so it may be awhile.

Comment

m.abdi.0709 wrote: View Post
      O.k im new to this and I have an idea id like some feedback on. Since we have more financial flexibility with Rudy being traded and all why don't we trade Patterson, salmon (eating up Ross' minutes) and another player to Cleveland for Bynum and the top 12 protected pick they got from the Kings. Getting Bynum outta Cleveland seems to be a priority for the Cleveland brass and since Bynum is injured he wouldn't take away minutes from JV. I like this idea because im not a fan of tanking and would rather stock pile assets along with whatever pick we get in the draft and trade for Wiggins. What do y'all think and be kind lol.
      I believe you can only trade the new guys (Hayes, Patterson, Salmons, Vazquez) individually right now. I think somewhere around the trade deadline when the embargo lifts, only then can you package them up with other players. And Cleveland has to decide by January 7 as to what they want to do with Bynum's contract.

The only real package I can see Toronto offering is a crap mix of Fields, Novak and Hansborough. But there's no way the Cavs go for that pupu platter.
      Last edited by MangoKid; Sat Dec 28, 2013, 04:25 PM.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
        I believe you can only trade the new guys (Hayes, Patterson, Salmons, Vazquez) individually right now. I think somewhere around the trade deadline when the embargo lifts, only then can you package them up with other players. And Cleveland has to decide by January 7 as to what they want to do with Bynum's contract.

The only real package I can see Toronto offering is a crap mix of Fields, Novak and Hansborough. But there's no way the Cavs go for that pupu platter.
        Waiving Bynum means having to pay him $6M and they get nothing in return.

Trading Bynum for Novak and Fields (our pupu platter) at least gives them some kind of asset (Novak can be moved for an asset or kept to help get them into the playofs). Fields has an expiring contract next year and is a good locker room guy which they may be hoping and praying for. Throw in a 2nd rounder, and I'd be curious if Cleveland shoots that deal down.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          Waiving Bynum means having to pay him $6M and they get nothing in return.

Trading Bynum for Novak and Fields (our pupu platter) at least gives them some kind of asset (Novak can be moved for an asset or kept to help get them into the playofs). Fields has an expiring contract next year and is a good locker room guy which they may be hoping and praying for. Throw in a 2nd rounder, and I'd be curious if Cleveland shoots that deal down.
          Fields isn't an asset, he's as you called him pupu. They can just have cap space and get someone decent.

Comment

I think Patterson and Salmons aren't worth a 1st round pick. If they combine Bynum (who's essentially an awesome salary drop since you can cut him by January 7 at no cost) and a pick, they are bound to get something pretty decent.

Overall, I'm definitely not opposed to the Raptors exploring Bynum trades (with intention to cut him, or with a 3rd team that might want Bynum).

Comment

Bynum's contract is only guaranteed to Jan. 7 so he can be waived at anytime up to that date and not have to pay him the $6 million for the rest of the season. The speculation is that a team over the cap would benefit in a big way in a deal for Bynum. The Bulls would save around $20 million in salary and cap penalties to trade Deng straight up for Bynum and then waive Bynum.

Source: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...p-andrew-bynum

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                Bynum's contract is only guaranteed to Jan. 7 so he can be waived at anytime up to that date and not have to pay him the $6 million for the rest of the season. The speculation is that a team over the cap would benefit in a big way in a deal for Bynum. The Bulls would save around $20 million in salary and cap penalties to trade Deng straight up for Bynum and then waive Bynum.

Source: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...p-andrew-bynum
                Yep, Deng is a very interesting option. It gets them under tax. I believe the Bulls when they say they don't want to make major moves this year, but if the Cavs call and offer them a way to get under tax (i.e. Bynum) + some picks, they would have to at least listen.

Comment

DD+TH+Novak for Bynum+Sac first+Bennett

Works wonders for both teams. Total future move for us while it is a win now move that also puts some level heads in their locker room.

Comment

There is no way in hell we should get bynum unless we get a good pick in it, don't give up any really good assets, and waive the guy before he even gets on a plane. I don't want anyone who even has a rumor of a reputation of being lazy or having a bad attitude around our young, impressionable franchise center. A guy like Bynum? I don't want him to even shake Jonas's hand.
                    @Boymusic66

Comment

Working...
                    X