Barbosa not happy lockout ending at this time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbosa not happy lockout ending at this time

With much fanfare and celebration on the internet, so it was that thousands of NBA fans received the news of the end of the lockout of the greatest basketball league on the planet on Saturday morning. However, not everyone has shown to have been excited, starting with Leandro (Barbosa), Toronto Raptors and the athlete who is playing for Flamengo during the NBA lockout.

The wing-guard did not hide a certain frustration at having to leave the city where his family is living just at Christmas time:

“Man, I got news for my wife. I was sleeping and she was at the hairdresser. She called me and woke me up crying already. It was a thud. We did not expect, we were planning a big Christmas with family and do not think it will happen. It is not yet official, but it’s a shame,” Barbosa said.
    Source

It's called thinking out loud. LB is looking at the comparison: Christmas in Brazil with your family versus Christmas in Toronto.....

Comment

Can't blame a guy for being disappointed that he will not be home for Christmas, after it looked like he would be.

Puffer

Comment

I get this. He will be fine. Rich man like that can fly everyone to Toronto for Christmas.

Comment

Raps aren't good enough to play of Christmas day anyways so don't see the problem other then collecting more air miles.

Comment

He needs to be in Toronto for camp and practices.

Comment

RAPresenting wrote: View Post
              Raps aren't good enough to play of Christmas day anyways so don't see the problem other then collecting more air miles.
              I think it's not just going to be a few teams playing this CHristmas. They can't do that if they want to get in as many games as possible. I think it's going to be a full slate. Every team will probably play.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

It is a pity. But I am sure if he wanted to he could make an arrangement with BC and make it after Christmas at the cost (salary) of games missed. Considering where the team is it wouldnt be that big a deal.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  I think it's not just going to be a few teams playing this CHristmas. They can't do that if they want to get in as many games as possible. I think it's going to be a full slate. Every team will probably play.
                  David Stern said that it was going to be a Christmas day triple header.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7281244
                  Last edited by stretch; Sun Nov 27, 2011, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                    It is a pity. But I am sure if he wanted to he could make an arrangement with BC and make it after Christmas at the cost (salary) of games missed. Considering where the team is it wouldnt be that big a deal.
                    He's a professional. Professionals don't pull stuff like that and it's not like he has some sort of rare circumstances. He should fly his family to Toronto and get over it. It comes with the job.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      He's a professional. Professionals don't pull stuff like that and it's not like he has some sort of rare circumstances. He should fly his family to Toronto and get over it. It comes with the job.
                      I am a softie

I understand your viewpoint but I dont know what his personal circumstance is. Is it he was just married, first Christmas, little bambinos/other family who were looking forward to having him around for the first time in many a year (considering the season was always on). I just view it as a circumstantial thing. He pays heavy for the absence but can still be looked on as a magnanimous thing by the team. Actual games missed might be 1-2 at most...and yes no training sessions with the team but I assume he is in shape since he has been playing in a league in Brazil.

Comment

I am a softie

I understand your viewpoint but I dont know what his personal circumstance is. Is it he was just married, first Christmas, little bambinos/other family who were looking forward to having him around for the first time in many a year (considering the season was always on). I just view it as a circumstantial thing. He pays heavy for the absence but can still be looked on as a magnanimous thing by the team. Actual games missed might be 1-2 at most...and yes no training sessions with the team but I assume he is in shape since he has been playing in a league in Brazil.
                        We we need to be fair here though. They should just forfeit a few games and let them all enjoy their time with their families.

Comment

There are a lot of doctors, lawyers, emergency response workers, trades people, oil rig workers, refinery workers, policemen, 24 hours a day/7 days a week gas stations, and Shoppers Drug Mart employees working too.

I understand his frustration but it is a part of the job. Suck it up, buttercup.

Comment

Lets begin a petition at RR to get Stern to change the cba and start the season on the 28th!!!

Actually I have a bit of a problem where people who celebrate their particular festive day of the year are forced to work...including basketball players and ushers and hotdog vendors and .....As one who celebrates the day, it is at best crass to have those games played with many of those players who wished they'd rather be with their families.

Soap box stance over.

On to trades and mini exceptions.... and whether Stefanski is in the bunker working on a deal

Comment

Lets begin a petition at RR to get Stern to change the cba and start the season on the 28th!!!
                              So more time for camp and practice prior to the season's start?

Comment

Working...
                              X