No announcement yet.

Targeting Kelly Olynyk (Canadian) in the draft can be a good move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Raptors could use a super hero in the lineup.

Comment

The only Cdn player that i would take ahead of Pangos is Wiggins.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        There have been a lot of notable Wooden award winners in the past (including Bird, Robinson and Jordon), but over the past 10 years, the award has also been given to Jameer Nelson, JJ Reddick, Tyler Hansborough, Evan Turner and Jimmer Fredette.

Sometimes great college careers don't translate into great NBA careers.
        Fair enough. But I guess not mentioning Kevin Durant, Blake Griffin and Anthony Davis in that list was convenient? :P Lol

And I'm not saying we should take KO. Far from it. But if given the choice between taking him, Pangos or Kabongo, I'd certainly think long and hard about taking the 7-Footer with legit game.

Comment

he reminds me of Jay from Clerks

so obviously... i want him on the team

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
            he reminds me of Jay from Clerks

so obviously... i want him on the team
            fixed

Comment

i cant figure out what you fixed.... but, thanks?

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                i cant figure out what you fixed.... but, thanks?
                The picture isn't visible in your post; at least for me.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  Fair enough. But I guess not mentioning Kevin Durant, Blake Griffin and Anthony Davis in that list was convenient? :P Lol

And I'm not saying we should take KO. Far from it. But if given the choice between taking him, Pangos or Kabongo, I'd certainly think long and hard about taking the 7-Footer with legit game.
                  All those player are athletic. After Adam Morrison I would not take another chance on a skilled player missing NBA acthelism.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    All those player are athletic. After Adam Morrison I would not take another chance on a skilled player missing NBA acthelism.
                    Who says Olynyk is lacking athleticism? For a guy of his size, I'd say he's plenty athletic.

Comment

It wasn't a convenient omission (I figured Jordan and Bird were better examples).

Either way, the point still remains that the Wooden award (or in this case, simply being nominated) isn't enough to conclude that a successful NBA career awaits.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Either way, the point still remains that the Wooden award (or in this case, simply being nominated) isn't enough to conclude that a successful NBA career awaits.
                        It'll look better on a resume than anything either Kabongo or Pangos have offered up ...
                        As will his WCC Player of the Year.

Once again, don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Kabongo fan and he's still got a chance, but he realistically hasn't done ANYTHING to show us he is going to have a successful NBA career; at least KO has proven himself a daily-difference maker, and is the #1 Player on the #1 Ranked Team in the Country.
                        Last edited by Joey; Tue Mar 19, 2013, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Who says Olynyk is lacking athleticism? For a guy of his size, I'd say he's plenty athletic.

Really? He just barely got that dunk over the rim. Andrea would put this dude to shame.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Kabongo's play this year in just 5 games (he's again playing tonight) has shown improvement in all areas against some stiff competition as the games were all Big 12 Conference games. He has NBA promise as he is naturally fast with long arms so he is a safe bet to go in the first round this year considering the level of talent in a weak draft.

Comment

It'll look better on a resume than anything either Kabongo or Pangos have offered up ...
                              As will his WCC Player of the Year.

Once again, don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Kabongo fan and he's still got a chance, but he realistically hasn't done ANYTHING to show us he is going to have a successful NBA career; at least KO has proven himself a daily-difference maker, and is the #1 Player on the #1 Ranked Team in the Country.
                              Neither did Russell Westbrook.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                Really? He just barely got that dunk over the rim. Andrea would put this dude to shame.
                                Olynyk was obviously fouled going to the rim though no call was made.

Comment

Working...
                                X