Colangelo Shares His Two Cents on the Gay Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    On another note entirely, the author of this article looks like a female version of Howard Stern:

haha that is so true. My first reaction was 80s glam rock, but Stern is an excellent comparison.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Who's Bryan Colangelo???
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

He's not wrong.
        Is Rudy Gay a talent? Yes.
        Is SAC's GM trying to increase the talent on their roster? Yes.

The only thing I can hate about his comments is that snark little remark when he said 'rather than depleting it' which was a subtle means of criticizing the direction of the Raptors in slowly tearing down and removing every stupid move he did.

Comment

Bryan Colangelo's basketball opinion has lost all credibility. The roster that started this season took him 7 years to build (!!!!). That's right, 7 years to put together a capped out roster that wins 1 out of 3 games in a historically awful conference.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
              On another note entirely, the author of this article looks like a female version of Howard Stern:

I was thinking more like the lead singer of REO Speedwagon

Comment

Adding Rudy to the current Kings roster while extracting Vasquez, their only pass first player, leads me to wonder if the Kings' GM was fleeced by Ujiri.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                  Adding Rudy to the current Kings roster while extracting Vasquez, their only pass first player, leads me to wonder if the Kings' GM was fleeced by Ujiri.
                  If you just concluded a phone call with Masai Ujiri and at any point agreed to something...you just got fleeced
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                    Bryan Colangelo's basketball opinion has lost all credibility. The roster that started this season took him 7 years to build (!!!!). That's right, 7 years to put together a capped out roster that wins 1 out of 3 games in a historically awful conference.
                    I think we've all forgotten how BC was able to trade Araujo, Hedo, Kapono, players who are far more inferior compared to Bargnani and Gay but with pretty much the same disguting contracts. What im trying to say is we all got excited when BC came in and did all these, and now we are all getting excited again with what Masai has done. But what really should matter is what Masai will be doing to improve this team. Sure he got rid of the contracts, but so did BC. What is crucial now is how he's going to be able to separate himself from BC through the players that are coming in.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                      i truly believe that these GMs have an unwritten code amongst themselves. "You do me this favor now and ill do you a favor down the road" type thing. Masai did this when he gave NY Melo, and now he collected by getting NYK to take Bargnani. Might be the same thing with D'Alessandro

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                        I think we've all forgotten how BC was able to trade Araujo, Hedo, Kapono, players who are far more inferior compared to Bargnani and Gay but with pretty much the same disguting contracts. What im trying to say is we all got excited when BC came in and did all these, and now we are all getting excited again with what Masai has done. But what really should matter is what Masai will be doing to improve this team. Sure he got rid of the contracts, but so did BC. What is crucial now is how he's going to be able to separate himself from BC through the players that are coming in.
                        BC was the one who signed Kapono and Hedo. Araujo was on his rookie deal.
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                          i truly believe that these GMs have an unwritten code amongst themselves. "You do me this favor now and ill do you a favor down the road" type thing. Masai did this when he gave NY Melo, and now he collected by getting NYK to take Bargnani. Might be the same thing with D'Alessandro
                          I haven't forgotten. BC impressed with his ability to "undo" his mistakes. Crazy thing was he spent essentially his entire time here undoing mistakes - virtually all his biggest transactions turned into mistakes that needed undoing. Hence the complete lack of progress over his tenure.

He also spent far too freely. By no means did I dislike all his moves and I'm definitely exaggerating a bit now (isn't that what the internet's for?), but one very regular criticism was that almost every contract he handed out was overpriced. Add that up over a few seasons and you have a low-ceiling, capped out treadmill roster. Next to a completely dysfunctional franchise (ex. Bobcats), it's about as bad a situation as an NBA team can be in.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                            Not sure if this has been posted already, but just caught this elsewhere.

Source - Click here
                            Nice find. After reading the trade grades on the internet, this smacks of pro-Kings supporters trying to find somebody, er.... ANYBODY, who actually liked the trade for SacTown. And Bryan: Let it go, dude. Let it go.

Comment

there was a backhanded comment in their to the effect of increasing talent rather than diminishing talent...

And nobody said Rudy Gay wasn't talented...he is most certainly not 19.3 million dollar cap killing talent.
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post

Historically awful? LOL
                                Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
                                [move]Toronto Raptors ©[/move][/center]

Comment

Working...
                                X