No announcement yet.

[ESPN Insider] Offseason grades; Raptors get a B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prior to hiring Casey, I was one of the guys hoping Lawrence Frank would get the gig. I desperately wanted a guy with significant/successful NBA head coaching experience (unlike Brendan Malone, Darryl Walker, Butch Carter, Sam Mitchell, and Jay Triano).

So far, I really like what Casey's been preaching in interviews, and I find his motivational techniques to be a welcome change. But I'll be curiously watching the Pistons to see how much they improve (if at all) under Frank.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Why not? He deserves it.
      because it's not his fault we had a shit ass team.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
        True, but it IS his fault for not instilling any good habits despite a shit ass team. The element of discipline just wasn't there with Triano.

He's like one of those parents who's more concerned about his kids liking him, than making sure they grow up to be responsible adults.
        Last edited by Nilanka; Tue Dec 20, 2011, 04:36 PM.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
          And yet he was responsible for the play calling, time out calling, substitutions...regardless of whether one feels he was poor developmental or defensive teaching coach, the evidence of the piss-poor actions of the first 3 say a pile.

Comment

I agree with LBF, the team after the departure of Bosh was horrible. So blaming Triano is the easy thing to do. Management realized that a change of culture was required to start the rebuild properly. That's hard to do when your head coach had been on the sideline in one capacity or another for 8 to 9 years. How long was Triano part of the coaching staff? He had to go and the Raptors needed a new voice.

Comment

Working...
            X