Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    True. I just about bumped them up a group... but it's the Kings... lol

I think Phoenix and Utah are going to get creamed in the West this season.
    I hope so. Utahs my favorite Western conference team by far and they'd be completely set if they got Wiggins or Parker

Comment

Sam17 wrote: View Post
      I hope so. Utahs my favorite Western conference team by far and they'd be completely set if they got Wiggins or Parker
      They've certainly done a good job of acquiring/developing some decent young players and gathering extra draft picks. They've also left themselves pretty wide open at the wing position, which the 2014 draft is likely going to be quite deep in. Starting with the way they managed the D.Williams situation a few seasons ago, they've done a great job positioning themsevles to be a strong team over the next 2-6 years, especially in light of them not being a very popular free agent destination. The fact that they did so without getting anything for Jefferson or Millsap is a little mindboggling... they've done well, but I can't help but feel they could have done even better with more effective asset management (at least Millsap).

Comment

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Great Teams
        - Clippers
        - Rockets
        - Grizzlies
        - Spurs
        - Thunder

Good Teams
        - Warriors
        - Nuggets

Potentially Good Teams
        - Pelicans
        - Trail Blazers
        - Timberwolves
        - Lakers (depends when Kobe returns)
        - Mavericks (depends who else joins Dirk & Calderon)

Bad Teams
        - Suns
        - Kings
        - Jazz
        I'd swap the Warriors and Grizzlies. I think the Grizzlies are a good team who are great at what they do, which is not quote the same thing as being great. Meanwhile, the Warriors just got better all across the board.

Comment

Ooops, I actually meant Philly... thanks for catching that!
          Lol old habits die hard!!

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
            I'd swap the Warriors and Grizzlies. I think the Grizzlies are a good team who are great at what they do, which is not quote the same thing as being great. Meanwhile, the Warriors just got better all across the board.
            I could easily see my 3 groups switched to 2 groups, with the Warriors moving up (6 great teams) and Nuggets moving down (6 good teams).

Comment

I think they'll eventually be a good team, but I think this year is a 100% tank... umm development year for them. With significantly more playing time, I think Kanter and Favors will experience big time growing pains. They also don't have a lot of veteran leadership.

When you look at how strong the west is, I still think Utah will wind up being the 2nd worst team in the conference. I think their trade with GS was a pretty strong sign that they don't intend to win this season.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Great Teams
              - Clippers
              - Rockets
              - Grizzlies
              - Spurs
              - Thunder

Good Teams
              - Warriors
              - Nuggets

Potentially Good Teams
              - Pelicans
              - Trail Blazers
              - Timberwolves
              - Lakers (depends when Kobe returns)
              - Mavericks (depends who else joins Dirk & Calderon)

Bad Teams
              - Suns
              - Kings
              - Jazz
              Warriors(if they stay healthy) are the BEST team in the West in my opinion.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Profster wrote: View Post
                Toronto is 2 injuries away from a total tank. IMO
                1 injury away. If either lowry, Valanciunas, or amir gets injured for a significant amount of time we are screwed.
                Gray starting, and Acy/novak first big off the bench is not gonna cut it. Julian stone as a starter is not gonna cut it. We have no depth besides the wings. Free agency is not over yet, but i don't see anyone that can be had for 5 mil that could start for 2 weeks. I think Ujiri is gonna decide what we want to do in january. If our record sucks in then, Rudy gay is gone to someone that's sniffing the playoffs.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                  Warriors(if they stay healthy) are the BEST team in the West in my opinion.
                  Woah that's bold, but they do seem to be full of surprises. I think the Spurs are the best

Comment

Sam17 wrote: View Post
                    Woah that's bold, but they do seem to be full of surprises. I think the Spurs are the best
                    Yeah i believe the Warriors are the best team in the West. The addition of Speights and Iggy are just going to make them much better. OKC is right there as well obviously.

As for the Rockets? all i have to say is, Houston we have a problem. As good as Howard is, i think he's a cancer. And i think he's going to be a problem in Houston.

My top 4 teams in the West:

Warriors
                    Thunder
                    Spurs
                    Clippers
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Anyone think that this upcoming season is going to be the most competitive season in a long time? It seems like a lot of teams have benefited from the development of young talent... The West in particular is crazy.
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

My top 4 in the west are as follows

1) Spurs
                        2) Warriors (assuming bogut and curry stay health, significant games lost due to injury drops them into a 3-way tie for 4th)
                        3) Houston
                        4) OKC (OKC REALLY sh!t the bed when they traded Harden a year early. They don't seem to be willing/able to fill out their roster with the right pieces, I think their championship window is now closed.)
                        Tied for 5th Memphis & LAC. (If GSW faces some injuries these 3 teams will be fighting it out for the 4th spot)
                        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

1. OKC - still have 2 top 10 players and Ibaka is still a defensive force. They have a couple of good players coming off the bench as well.
                          2. Spurs - Until they start looking old I just have to have them in my top 4
                          3. Warriors - If Curry goes down they will struggle in the playoffs
                          4. Houston - I really like this team if they can add another perimeter shooter to surround Howard

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                            Anyone think that this upcoming season is going to be the most competitive season in a long time? It seems like a lot of teams have benefited from the development of young talent... The West in particular is crazy.
                            Barring injuries, yes.

Most frightening is the elite continue to be the elite while the competition to run on the treadmill (7-11) is getting more intense.

I'm starting to think more and more a proper rebuild should be a priority unless a bonafide all-star is coming back to Toronto to partner with Lowry-Gay-JV. The only one I can think of right now who conceivably could be available is Al Horford given the signing of Paul Millsap and the pursuit of Bynum. But even then I would think there is a lot more value in the league for what Toronto could offer.

Comment

Could be moves to tank or could be moves to strengthen, but I get this feeling that Ujiri has some surprises coming up via trade. It seems like he's just waiting for the FA agency period to pass.
                              Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                                Could be moves to tank or could be moves to strengthen, but I get this feeling that Ujiri has some surprises coming up via trade. It seems like he's just waiting for the FA agency period to pass.
                                I agree. I think he's also evaluating the moves made by other bubble teams, to help determine whether a 'compete now' or 'rebuild/retool' strategy is in the best long-term interest of the team. With so many perennial lottery teams making bold moves to try and become relevant in what was long perceived to be a weak playoff race, the 'tanking' competition has suddenly thinned out substantially. Even some degree of 'tanking' (aka big retooling) is suddenly much more attractive and potentially advantageous, than it was even a week ago.

MU has already shown a willingness to make definitive moves (Bargnani trade) to shape the team the way he sees fit, so I think there's a method to his madness, even if it makes for slow, frustrating days of chatting here on RR. I can't help but feel this is the calm before the storm, so to speak.

Comment

Working...
                                X