JV Arrested for DUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edgar wrote: View Post
    CLEARLY stated that these changes should be made in the off-season as a preventative measure/warning. If you don't think Jason Kidd getting drunk hitting a pole and not complying with police is roughly equal to him spilling a drink on the court for an extra time out you're fucked....

Laws/rules work because they make clear consequences that the vast majority of people use to justify not breaking said rules. Make a clear statement at the beginning of the season of considerably increased consequences and you'll find a lot more players hiring a ride home.
    But why's it up to the NBA to make those changes?

The drink spill was an on court incident, thus the suspension.

DUI is an offcourt issue, the NBA applies a slap on the wrist for PR reasons.

If the DUI penalties are insufficient, then that's a problem with the justice system, not the NBA or its franchises.

If you think a 1 year license suspension and a $1000 fine isn't enough, maybe add a week in jail?
    Last edited by stooley; Wed Apr 9, 2014, 01:22 PM.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
      But why's it up to the NBA to make those changes?

The drink spill was an on court incident, thus the suspension.

DUI is an offcourt issue, the NBA applies a slap on the wrist for PR reasons.

If the DUI penalties are insufficient, then that's a problem with the justice system, not the NBA or its franchises.

If you think a 1 year license suspension and a $1000 fine isn't enough, maybe add a week in jail?
      A little house arrest or a night in jail might make people think twice. Tack on a hundred hours of community service (talking to kids to deter them, picking trash, helping seniors/disabled, etc) and we have a deal. Someone like JV could talk to high school kids once a week in his off time.
      When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

CLEARLY stated that these changes should be made in the off-season as a preventative measure/warning. If you don't think Jason Kidd getting drunk hitting a pole and not complying with police is roughly equal to him spilling a drink on the court for an extra time out you're fucked....

Laws/rules work because they make clear consequences that the vast majority of people use to justify not breaking said rules. Make a clear statement at the beginning of the season of considerably increased consequences and you'll find a lot more players hiring a ride home.

Jeff Van Gundy agrees.
        http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1505171
        I dont disagree with your message, just dont know that its the NBA's place to do it.

Its a difficult issue.

Comment

Jeff Van Gundy agrees.
          http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1505171
          Oh, and I'm not fucked.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
            Oh, and I'm not fucked.

Haha - not sure how to respond to this....
            When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

• Anyone else kinda hoping JV goes HUGE tonight, just to get people talking about his game again..?
              Last edited by Joey; Wed Apr 9, 2014, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                Anyone else kinda hoping JV goes HUgUE tonight, just to get people talking about his game again.
                I agree. I took Jonas over 10 pts @ 4/6 tonight and over 13.5 pts @ 10/11 should be easy, we'll see. $$$

Comment

Anyone else kinda hoping JV goes HUGE tonight, just to get people talking about his game again..?
                  for sure.. already, tired of this moral philosophy discussion
                  Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Anyone else kinda hoping JV goes HUGE tonight, just to get people talking about his game again..?
                    Seriously.

Every bad play or game now and people are going to ask, "Is he drunk?"

I always reserved that comment for Casey.

*too soon for jokes?*

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Every bad play or game now and people are going to ask, "Is he drunk?"
                      Man, I saw KISS 92.5 in the scrum interviewing Masai ... Eff that Sh*t.

Honestly, any loss we take over the next few games, will probably get blamed on Jonas at this point.

Comment

Man, I saw KISS 92.5 in the scrum interviewing Masai ... Eff that Sh*t.

Honestly, any loss we take over the next few games, will probably get blamed on Jonas at this point.
                        If you watch the Lowry interview at practice yesterday, it looks like he got kind of frustrated at the scrum. It was the same question over and over.
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                          If you watch the Lowry interview at practice yesterday, it looks like he got kind of frustrated at the scrum. It was the same question over and over.
                          I would imagine it was the 'traditional' news people pissing him off.

The regulars, like Doug Smith, Lewenberg, Wolstat, etc., it is understood they have to ask.

But the other people who don't give a flying fudgeo outside of this act of stupidity on Jonas' part, yeah, they must be annoying as hell.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            I would imagine it was the 'traditional' news people pissing him off.

The regulars, like Doug Smith, Lewenberg, Wolstat, etc., it is understood they have to ask.

But the other people who don't give a flying fudgeo outside of this act of stupidity on Jonas' part, yeah, they must be annoying as hell.
                            Lol I wonder how many of those interviewers actually knew anything about basketball, let alone the Raptors. Maybe some didn't even know the players' names that weren't Jonas.

Reporter: "So DeMar, how do you feel about Jonas being charged for DUI?"
                            Lowry: "Uh, I'm not DeMar..."
                            Reporter: "Sorry, my mistake. So Landry, how do you feel about Jonas being charged for DUI?"
                            OG is our king

Comment

• Yeah, the media shitstorm is one of the byproducts when something like this goes down. Baseball fans remember the Escobar eyeblack and the crap the entire organization had to go through.

Over and above the legal ramifications and the probable suspension, the extra burden something like this puts on teammates and management is one more reason why what he did was stupid and selfish. Oh well. the team will just have to ride this out and focus on the task at hand.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• heehee.

Comment

Working...
                                X