Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Source: Eric Koreen, National Post

This assumes he is not traded on draft night or early July.
    Why is he still calling him Eddie? The man has said not to call him that.

Trading him this year would be a mistake.

Comment

I have pretty much given up on Ed, but I am still interested to see what a full off-season, uninjured, a summer league stint and a full training camp will do for him. Not to mention attention from the various assistant coaches over the summer.

Wouldn't it be nice if all of the excuses for him not performing turned out to be reasons instead of excuses.

Good luck Ed. Don't break a leg tonight.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
        I have pretty much given up on Ed, but I am still interested to see what a full off-season, uninjured, a summer league stint and a full training camp will do for him. Not to mention attention from the various assistant coaches over the summer.

Wouldn't it be nice if all of the excuses for him not performing turned out to be reasons instead of excuses.

Good luck Ed. Don't break a leg tonight.
        Why would you give up on a player after he's only played 130games pro with no Camps, Summer leagues or any team sanctioned development/practice/training? Especially considering he missed most of his sophomore year at UNC and was coming off the bench his rookie year. I hate the term "potential" but he does have some serious tools to work with.
        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Ed just needs a bit of time to work on his body and game. He's got great rebounding and shot blocking instincts already. The kid is still just getting his feet wet.

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
            Why would you give up on a player after he's only played 130games pro with no Camps, Summer leagues or any team sanctioned development/practice/training? Especially considering he missed most of his sophomore year at UNC and was coming off the bench his rookie year. I hate the term "potential" but he does have some serious tools to work with.
            He played in summer league in 2010. He averaged about 25MPG, 13PPG, 6RB and 2Bl. He's been playing and practising with the team for 2 years.

As for the small sample size, well, I could go out and play PG for 5 minutes in an NBA game. Based on that 5 mintues, I would be the worst player in the history of the league by an enormous margin. It might be a small sample size but it would be indicative of my abilities. Even if I agree that 130 games is a small sample size, I would still argue it's indicative of Ed Davis' game and abilities. I'm not saying Ed can't be a useful player off the bench but he pretty much is what he is. I don't see how force feeding him the ball in summer league will change that.

Comment

Ed might just be a victim of the circumstances. It seems fairly certain that one of Amir or Ed will need to go, and Amir's contract is less desirable.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                He played in summer league in 2010. He averaged about 25MPG, 13PPG, 6RB and 2Bl. He's been playing and practising with the team for 2 years.

As for the small sample size, well, I could go out and play PG for 5 minutes in an NBA game. Based on that 5 mintues, I would be the worst player in the history of the league by an enormous margin. It might be a small sample size but it would be indicative of my abilities. Even if I agree that 130 games is a small sample size, I would still argue it's indicative of Ed Davis' game and abilities. I'm not saying Ed can't be a useful player off the bench but he pretty much is what he is. I don't see how force feeding him the ball in summer league will change that.
                I dont think thats a valid comparison. First of all, Im assuming you dont have NBA experience. You have 1 in a trillion, bazzillion, quintillion chance of playing in the NBA for even 1 minute. If you did, then thats a different story altogether. Davis is a lottery pick, with a very good college resume, 6'10" and only 23 yrs old. he has massive room to grow and improve. you maybe right that he is what he is, but that would be down the road, but nobody can accurately say that at this stage in his career, this is where he's going to be at till he retires.

giving him the ball in summer league, IMO, will definitely help him out a lot. He will be put in situations where he will be the instigator rather than just a bystander, which is what he is right now. even if he doesnt end up to be the #1 on option during the regular season, if in instances where he gets the ball at the end of the shot clock, he'll know what to do, based on his summer league experience. it will definitely give him the confidence, and who knows, maybe thats what he needs. i dont recall any player going through summer league and came out a dumber player. unless he got injured and never played again.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                  ...it will definitely give him the confidence, and who knows, maybe thats what he needs. i dont recall any player going through summer league and came out a dumber player. unless he got injured and never played again.
                  There is no doubting the importance of confidence and the right mindset. How many times have we heard, or said that the game is 50% mental. Two players with similar physical capability, one is a star, one is a career bench player. That is a lot of my problem with Davis. he hasn't shown a glimmer of the mental game yet, from what I have seen. Granted I haven't made a career out of studying Davis. He could turn it around in a second, if somehow he truly internalizes the necessary desire and get's his motor running. I'm just not confident he will do it.

Comment

Working...
                  X