Air Canada vs. CB4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tbihis wrote: View Post
    I didnt say i blame CB for walking if he does walk, i said i wouldnt do it. Id rather be a reggie miller with no titles but his name will forever be remembered when Indiana is mentioned. Now that is a legacy.
    So as a player, you would forego the chance to win titles in the name of loyalty?

Loyalty in pro sports is a myth for the most part. If the Raptors had a chance to improve their chances for a championship by trading Chris Bosh, they would do it, with no second thoughts about loyalty. If Chris Bosh has a chance to improve his chances for a championship by leaving the Raptors, he should do it, with no second thoughts about loyalty.

He played hard for the duration of his contract, and that's about all the loyalty you can ask for.

Comment

I didnt say i blame CB for walking if he does walk, i said i wouldnt do it. Id rather be a reggie miller with no titles but his name will forever be remembered when Indiana is mentioned. Now that is a legacy.

If Lebron leaves Cleveland, he'll be an even bigger dick than Carter. The Cavs basically gave him everything he wanted, heck theyd probably make him owner if he asked them to. He had a say in all the trades that were made. He should be man enough to accept the fact that he fumbled game 5 thats why they lost the series. Re-sign with Cleveland and give those other guys a championship. Funny how these supposed superstars say "i cant get a ring with this team so ill leave" what about the other guys that they played with and are now going to be a part of rebuilding because the superstar left? They should think about the role players their teams got to build around them, what are they gonna do now?
      Sure it's a team game while you're under contract, but once that contract is up you aren't obligated to do anything more for that team. And that's the case for Bosh and James. Both teams had 7 seasons to try and build a championship team and both failed.

As much as I would love to see Bosh re-sign, it sounds like he's not coming back more and more every day. He fulfilled his duties as Raptor in my opinion, and he left it all on the court for the most part(though others strongly disagree). He's now free to choose where he wants to play and I know I won't have any hard feelings towards him, unless he starts talking trash about Toronto or the Raptor organization publicly.

And I'm sure Reggie, Patrick Ewing, Karl Malone and John Stockton would gladly trade much of their personal accolades for just one ring.

Comment

hahaha i love it when people put words in my mouth. pity the fool! hahaha

of course winning a championship is the goal of every player, what im saying is you stay loyal to your team, and work hard with that team to win a championship, dont abandon ship everytime you think youre not going to win a championship with your current team. Miller stayed with Indiana and stuck with the team through thick and thin.

i apologize boys, i guess i have to specify every thought i have to spare you guys the analysis, hahaha.

Comment

Chris Bosh hasn't left yet. Just sayin'... He might decide to stay purely out of spite after all this hoopla.

Comment

TM Williamson wrote: View Post
            So as a player, you would forego the chance to win titles in the name of loyalty?

Loyalty in pro sports is a myth for the most part. If the Raptors had a chance to improve their chances for a championship by trading Chris Bosh, they would do it, with no second thoughts about loyalty. If Chris Bosh has a chance to improve his chances for a championship by leaving the Raptors, he should do it, with no second thoughts about loyalty.

He played hard for the duration of his contract, and that's about all the loyalty you can ask for.
            I think they were being loyal to Bosh when they offered him a max extension. By offering this max extension, they figured they have a good chance of winning a championship with Bosh as a Raptor for the next few years, otherwise, as you said, why else would they offer that max extension? So tell me, how is this not being loyal?

Comment

jrdyck wrote: View Post
              Chris Bosh hasn't left yet. Just sayin'... He might decide to stay purely out of spite after all this hoopla.
              hahaha thats what i actually said on an earlier post! He's gonna go on a presscon with Ashton Kucher and let us all know we've been punked!!!!

Comment

Did both Bosh and LeBron sign extensions when their rookie deal was up? Yes, that was being loyal and putting faith in the team to put enough pieces together to get it done. More than enough time was given.

Reggie stuck it out with Indiana and wound up with no chips, maybe not his wisest choice in hindsight if he was looking for a ring.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                  Did both Bosh and LeBron sign extensions when their rookie deal was up? Yes, that was being loyal and putting faith in the team to put enough pieces together to get it done. More than enough time was given.

Reggie stuck it out with Indiana and wound up with no chips, maybe not his wisest choice in hindsight if he was looking for a ring.
                  If my understanding of the cba and events is correct, one doesnt become a ufa after a rookie deal. The deals lj, dw & cb signed with their respective teams were identical in term and money. They had no leverage to move because their current teams would have just matched so they got in effect max. money (not abs. certain on this...17 mill. plus in final year) with the opt out option. There was little that was altruistic ("faith") about those deals including a possible expiry date just before a new cba.

Re Reggie...he actually thought he would win with the team in Indiana. He made a calculated descison to stay. Even after he was done, the Celtics approached him to join alongwith Garnett and co. and he refused on the grounds that he didnt want to join someone else's parade to win a trophy. Reggie did things pretty much the right way as far as I know.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                    If my understanding of the cba and events is correct, one doesnt become a ufa after a rookie deal. The deals lj, dw & cb signed with their respective teams were identical in term and money. They had no leverage to move because their current teams would have just matched so they got in effect max. money (not abs. certain on this...17 mill. plus in final year) with the opt out option. There was little that was altruistic ("faith") about those deals including a possible expiry date just before a new cba.

Re Reggie...he actually thought he would win with the team in Indiana. He made a calculated descison to stay. Even after he was done, the Celtics approached him to join alongwith Garnett and co. and he refused on the grounds that he didnt want to join someone else's parade to win a trophy. Reggie did things pretty much the right way as far as I know.
                    Finally! someone who spoke my language!!!! hahahaha lets do tag team bendit! hahaha kidding.

Comment

I think they were being loyal to Bosh when they offered him a max extension. By offering this max extension, they figured they have a good chance of winning a championship with Bosh as a Raptor for the next few years, otherwise, as you said, why else would they offer that max extension? So tell me, how is this not being loyal?
                      Of course they were loyal to Bosh when it served their purpose, just as Bosh was loyal to them when it served his (after his rookie deal was up).

As I said, this so called "loyalty" to Bosh would go out the door in a minute as soon as Colangelo saw an opportunity to better the team.

You think if we got offered Lebron straight up for Bosh, BC would say "Thanks, but no thanks. We're very loyal to Chris Bosh, so we're going to hang on to him despite the fact that we could improve by trading him."? Of course not. He would make the move in an effort to better his chances at having a championship team.

So why then, when Bosh has the option to better his chances at playing for a championship team (which the Raptors are not even close to being), is he expected to be "loyal"?

Pro sports is a business. You can't rely on loyalty. Sometimes it happens, and that's always a nice story, but at the end of the day, players in this game are driven by money and success, just like the teams are. You can't hold the two sides to different standards.

Comment

Working...
                      X