GT: Pacers @ Raptors: The Back To Back of all back to backs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    I'm simply going to conclude that as a fan of basketball and growing up playing the game, that I really don't know what's going on with the Raps. Perhaps I just don't understand the pro game, especially with what is going on with them.
    Relax this happens every year, you'll live

I mean.. we're gonna have to be good eventually ?

Comment

• Sig wrote: View Post
      Well they booed Bargnani again at the game today. I was a little disappointed, I even felt a little bad for AB ..
      It was pretty mixed I heard more cheers than boos every time he hit a shot tonight it was a standing clap and for his defense as well. Even heard some "LETS GO ANDREA!" chants.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
        It was pretty mixed I heard more cheers than boos every time he hit a shot tonight it was a standing clap and for his defense as well. Even heard some "LETS GO ANDREA!" chants.
        Yeah that's true, there was also a lot of people cheering for him, but the boos sort of drowned it out. And it was nice to see the bench start clapping and looking at everyone when he checked in

Also, every time Andrea scored there was an overwhelmingly loud cheer

Comment

• I think the team is distraught. Just disheartened from what has happened in the past week, and like many have said, overall confidence is shaken..
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
            I think the team is distraught. Just disheartened from what has happened in the past week, and like many have said, overall confidence is shaken..
            And definitely not helped by morons booing.

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
              I'm simply going to conclude that as a fan of basketball and growing up playing the game, that I really don't know what's going on with the Raps. Perhaps I just don't understand the pro game, especially with what is going on with them.
              Sig wrote: View Post
              Relax this happens every year, you'll live

I mean.. we're gonna have to be good eventually ?
              I really do hope so.............

Comment

• DeRozanJohnsonFan wrote: View Post
                I really do hope so.............
                *sigh* "Next year, we'll be good!"

Comment

*sigh* "Next year, we'll be good!"
                  If the right moves are made yeah we will be. If we started the season with our current squad we would be talking playoffs most likely holding onto that 8th spot. next season I dont think 6th 7th is a stretch.

Comment

If the right moves are made yeah we will be. If we started the season with our current squad we would be talking playoffs most likely holding onto that 8th spot. next season I dont think 6th 7th is a stretch.
                    Some are thinking maybe even 4th and 5th spot.

Miami
                    Indiana
                    New York
                    Brooklyn
                    Chicago
                    Toronto
                    *Fill in last two*

Comment

• Wizards or Cleavland followed by Boston. The league is going through a change of the guard.

Comment

Wizards or Cleavland followed by Boston. The league is going through a change of the guard.
                        Cleveland is a year away before tasting playoffs, Irving still needs some help in the front-court, and wing isn't developed. Washington is a mess right now, not too sure what their future looks like. Beal looks like the only promising player up there. Boston for sure with Rondo, but I think they're first round exits now.

Comment

• ... are raptors tanking?

did they forget they already traded their pick?

Comment

Some are thinking maybe even 4th and 5th spot.

Miami
                            Indiana
                            New York
                            Brooklyn
                            Chicago
                            Toronto
                            *Fill in last two*
                            I used to be optimistic about next season thinking playoffs would be a sure thing. However the losses to Cleveland and Washington were an eye opener for me. The Gay trade has lost all its glitter and we are left with a team that isn't very good defensively and is hit and miss offensively. Washington is actually a decent team. They did not have Wall for a majority of the season and really had no starting PG to fill his shoes, but they are winning games now and beating some good teams. Cleveland still has a perennial all-star in Irving and an up and comer in TT. They also lost Andy V for many games this season so don't discount that. Cleveland has cap space, and picks. They are on the rise.

That then also doesn't include teams like Philly who did not have Bynum at all this season and is a FA so they could have a lot of cap space; or Detroit who will have a lot of cap space as well and can sign a max player.

If we have the same team right now going into next season, I would say we are probably a #9 or #10 team in the East. The Raptors also don't have much flexibility and I don't think Bargnani will fetch any kind of difference maker.

I do think the defense will improve naturally, and Lowry will probably play very well since it's his contract year.. however there are still a lot of flaws on the team and since there is not much financial room to make changes - I am feeling skeptical that we are a playoff team next season.

Comment

• Cleveland, Detroit, and Washington are not going anywhere anytime soon. They are all 2/3 years away from making the playoffs. If we start off poor again next season you can bet your ass that DC will get fired.

Comment

• phez wrote: View Post
                                ... are raptors tanking?

did they forget they already traded their pick?
                                By getting OKC a high enough pick they will down the road help facilitate a KD to Toronto trade so he can play on his favorite team growing up.

Comment

Working...
                                X