Thomas Robinson anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    If we're going to go shopping with our 2014 pick, it better be for a better player than Robinson.
    You can't write him off that quick. The dude barely played this season

Comment

I think it depends on the direction. If we are blowing up a portion of the roster for young guys and picks, you could do a lot worse than a duo of JV and T-ROB
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        You can't write him off that quick. The dude barely played this season
        While I'm not ready to write him off 100% you have to wonder why? Look at the rotations at PF he's played with. Jason Thompson and chuck Hayes on Sacramento and Greg smith and Montiejunas on Houston. He couldn't even crack the rotation on either team playing with sub par PFs.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
          That's what bugs me. They say they want the best available deal yet its a salary dump.
          Well only a fool would give them a first round pick for next year. If it's not stashed international players I don't know what they expect to get.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
            While I'm not ready to write him off 100% you have to wonder why? Look at the rotations at PF he's played with. Jason Thompson and chuck Hayes on Sacramento and Greg smith and Montiejunas on Houston. He couldn't even crack the rotation on either team playing with sub par PFs.
            A good point. If it was just Sac I would write that off since they are morons when it comes to rookies and development. I do wonder why he didn't get more burn in Houston
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
              Very well put. And now Houston is willing to trade him primarily as a salary dump. Traded twice before his second year...both times by teams that were stocking young talent. You'd think if he showed signs of being something special, that wouldn't be the case.

Comment

How? The Raptors can't eat cap. The Rockets want to dump him to make a run at Dwight.

Comment

We can't trade 2014 1st rounder, but maybe 2015 1st unprotected would be enough ... salary dumps aren't looking for best offer of players ... picks, or tying other bad contracts. Maybe we take Royce White ... little more salary ... who knows.
                  The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

He didn't play much in Houston because he didn't fit into their offence. They liked to play 4 shooters with Asik, and that worked when they had Morris and Paterson since they can both shoot, but Robinson can't so he got buried on the bench.

Comment

Ross and Fields for Asik and Robinson.

Rockets save about $2.9M. Fields gets to play with his best bud again.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

I think they can get a much better deal for Asik. Big men are valuable and his contract is reasonable.

Comment

First I think Robinson has a tonnnnnnnn of solid NBA potential, kids going to work his ass off to get bigger, already has the moves, just needs the place to showcase them. If Houston traded away Asik then Daryl Morey should be shot. To get Howard they'd be destroying the nucleus of an already good team that has potential to get soooo much better. I'd give them what they want for Robinson...I really would.

If anyone is interested I'm dropping an article on the link below regarding the whole Dwight to Houston thing
                          i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            I think they can get a much better deal for Asik. Big men are valuable and his contract is reasonable.
                            I can't think of another way where Houston sheds salary, gives up Robinson and the Raptors get him. I agree with you, which means a Robinson to Toronto deal is extremely unlikely.

Comment

Did someone really say that the Rockets would trade Robinson AND Asik for Bargnani?

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

If they're going for Dwight, is that that the best they can do?

Comment

Working...
                                X