Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kleiza's Season & Future In Doubt

Not good news at all

The 28-year-old Kleiza has been sidelined for the last couple of months and has appeared in only 20 games this season. According to Asta Zukaite of 15min.lt, this number is unlikely to change.

It is claimed that the player could not only be done for the season, but the future of his career in general is in doubt.

Although Kleiza has stated that the knee issues have been caused by a long summer with the Lithuanian national team, unconfirmed sources suggest that the first arthroscopic surgery, which was performed by Dr. J. Richard Steadman in Colorado in 2011, might not have gone fully according to plan.

According to the former head of the Lithuanian national team’s delegation and a good friend of Kleiza, Antanas Guoga, it is likely that the surgery will need to be repeated.
    Source - Click here

What I found especially funny was them complaining about how he shouldn't have had surgery in the US, but in Lithuania....like...wow....biased quotes are hilarious. There is absolutely no better place in the world to have surgery done, especially if you're rich, than in the USA. Funny that they say Linas thinks the long summer was a factor, but that they cite unconfirmed sources as blaming the procedure. Typical euro sports news: make shit up for the sake of homerism.

Hope it doesn't totally ruin Linas' career. Be it in the NBA, or in Europe, dude should be able to find a home playing ball somewhere. Especially in Europe where the tweener problem matters less, he could be a star again.

Also, sidenote to all the people who were wondering "why isn't Linas playing?" and blaming Casey...Casey has issues, but he would hardly sit a guy out for so many games without a reason. I always figured something wasn't quite right with Linas' knee.

Comment

this could be a good thing.. cant we workout a buyout or get a injured player exception or something? if we manage to part ways with Klieza in any fashion other then amnesty,were his $ is no longer on the cap ill be happy
      Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Fri Feb 22, 2013, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Wonder if the insurance policy (taken out during the tournament/summer) kicks in on his salary? How does one prove/disprove when the injury actually occurred? Another reason why there should be some amendment of the policy to allow players to play for their national teams....like one cannot play for a year for their natl team after incurring an injury...or some version of. This is the second time for Kleiza during his Raptor contract.

Comment

Can the Raps apply for injury exception?

Comment

I'm having a Garbajosa flashback. These guys who insist on playing for their national teams after severe injuries too often end up re-injured.

Comment

Hooray! We just found our amnesty candidate :|

Comment

Well looks like Klieza will likely be leaving sooner than we thought, but honestly his condition is that bad what was BC hoping to achieve putting him on the block? seems like a really low move moving a 3 legged horse.... Everyone in the NBA knows that Klieza is an injury prone guy that chucks on offense.

Amnesty is the only way to move him off the roster... hope he gets well and continues to rep his country though hes just not a good guy for the NBA...

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Hooray! We just found our amnesty candidate :|
                  More like that it was shoved in BC's face with Kleiza himself yelling, "AMNESTY ME! AMNESTY ME!!". However, BC's still confused as to what to do.

Comment

If he's going to be out for all of next year, can we use the disabled player exception on him? If so, it might actually be more advantageous to use the exception than to amnesty him outright. Afterall, amnestying him probably doesn't get us under the cap and give us any more space. On the other hand, declaring him as a disabled player would give us a 2.25 million exception to use on one player for one year, plus our MLE and bi-annual.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                      If he's going to be out for all of next year, can we use the disabled player exception on him? If so, it might actually be more advantageous to use the exception than to amnesty him outright. Afterall, amnestying him probably doesn't get us under the cap and give us any more space. On the other hand, declaring him as a disabled player would give us a 2.25 million exception to use on one player for one year, plus our MLE and bi-annual.
                      this is what id attempt to do...no point using amnesty on Kleiza if we can get an exception...save the amnesty for bargs if needed..

Comment

All this talk seems a bit premature:

Eric Koreen ‏@ekoreen

Kleiza said he has spent last six weeks building up quad after a busy summer drained him; could be back in a week.
                        Eric Koreen Eric Koreen ‏@ekoreen

More Kleiza: “I don’t even want to talk about it, but I don’t know how you can write something like that out of the blue."
                        Eric Koreen ‏@ekoreen

Kleiza on Lithuanian reports that his career was in danger: “That’s the good thing about Lithuania: I had no idea either."
                        Eric Koreen ‏@ekoreen

Linas Kleiza says his career isn't in danger. Bryan says deals weren't there for Bargnani. Lots of fun this AM at the ACC.
                        Holly MacKenzie ‏@stackmack

Linas Kleiza spoke with the media at shootaround. Refutes reports that knee isn't okay and says he could return soon.
                        Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun

Saw the Lithuanian report about Kleiza maybe being done. I've been told he intends to play next year, likely in Europe after being amnestied

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          All this talk seems a bit premature:
                          good find.

Comment

More from our one legged assassin warrior:

Holly MacKenzie ‏@stackmack

Kleiza: “I don't even want to talk about it and I don’t know how you can write something like that out of the blue."
                            Holly MacKenzie Holly MacKenzie ‏@stackmack

Kleiza on article: “This article came out saying my career was over, I’m retired. It’s funny, you know… I don’t even know what to say.”
                            Holly MacKenzie Holly MacKenzie ‏@stackmack

Kleiza on Lithuanian report that his career was in danger: “I had no idea. I found out this morning. My brother called me. I feel great."

Comment

Good to know. It would be nice if he could get 100% healthy and contribute in a few games down the stretch, if for no reason other than to end his Raptors tenure on a bit of a positive.

Comment

Working...
                              X