2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    Just read on espn draft comments on Dwilliams that he is gonna go back another year cause Mommy said so. Dunno if there is truth to it but i tihnk he would be foolish to go back if he is gonna go top 5. if D will and sullinger decide to stay in college this draft just got really weak.
    Ya have read conflicting reports. When is draft declaration again?

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
      Ya have read conflicting reports. When is draft declaration again?
      Players who are not automatically eligible, but wish to be drafted, must declare their eligibility no later than 60 days before the draft. After this date, "early entry" players may attend NBA pre-draft camps and individual team workouts to show off their skills and obtain feedback regarding their draft positions. Under the CBA, a player may withdraw his name from consideration from the draft at any time before the final declaration date, which is 10 days before the draft. However, the NCAA adopted a rule that took effect in August 2009 that requires players at its member institutions to withdraw no later than May 8 to retain their college eligibility; the first draft affected by this rule was the 2010 draft. A player who declares for the draft will lose his college eligibility, even if he is not drafted, if any of the following is true:

The player signs with an agent.
      The player has declared for and withdrawn from a previous draft. Although the NBA collective bargaining agreement allows a player to withdraw twice, the NCAA only allows a player to enter the draft once without losing eligibility.
      The draft lottery is May 17 I believe.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        The draft lottery is May 17 I believe.
        Nice find thanks matt.

Comment

• Right now, after watching more Tar Heels games, I really feel we should draft Barnes if our pick falls. He might not have put up the stats this year, but he has the talent and size. He has the drive, and the leadership ability. He also showed what he CAN do, he has a huge variety of moves with the ball and in the air. He is one of those players who you can already see dominate NBA players.

Comment

• Terrence Jones stock seems to be in free fall while Harrison Barnes is steadily climbing.

Barnes is playing incredible versus Clemson.

Comment

Terrence Jones stock seems to be in free fall while Harrison Barnes is steadily climbing.

32 and 7, with 5-7 from 3? That's what I've been waiting to see from this kid! Just hope he can start doing it consistently! Well maybe not 32 and 7 consistently, but you know. haha

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                32 and 7, with 5-7 from 3? That's what I've been waiting to see from this kid! Just hope he can start doing it consistently! Well maybe not 32 and 7 consistently, but you know. haha
                35 and 7 now. He is starting to look like a pretty good consolation prize of late. I cannot wait for March Madness. He absolutely took over in OT - rebounding, shooting, driving.

Comment

Terrence Jones stock seems to be in free fall while Harrison Barnes is steadily climbing.

This is the kind of talent we need man. He's my number 2 after Irving.

Comment

• NBAdraft.net has him #5 to the Raps.

This is from a Clemson game earlier in the year. SICK.

This guy is no cosolation prize. haha

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      NBAdraft.net has him #5 to the Raps.

This is from a Clemson game earlier in the year. SICK.

This guy is no cosolation prize. haha
                      DraftExpress has him at 12 to the Rockets.... how long until that changes?

Comment

• 40 points. And a comeback win!

Comment

• If you look at the current contract situation with TOR PG's with the consideration that a SF is drafted (Barnes or whoever) this year:

2011/12: Calderon/Bayless
                          2012/13: Draft pick/Calderon

Barring any trades and with no shot to draft Irving, it seems the Raptors succession plan at PG could be underway.

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
                            40 points. And a comeback win!
                            14 points and 4 rebs in OT.
                            5 of 6 FT's down the stretch and 4/4 to end it - including 2 that made it a 5 point game. Looks like he was just waiting for the games to matter before he started to play - lol.

His bandwagon is starting to get full. I feel cramped in here.

Comment

5 of 6 FT's down the stretch and 4/4 to end it - including 2 that made it a 5 point game. Looks like he was just waiting for the games to matter before he started to play - lol.

HAHA. But Barnes has the talent, he didn't play too well in the season, also due to all the hype. His season was by no means bad, and he showed the kind of things he is capable of. I think he will be a really good NBA player, and he would fit in perfectly with the team. I'm still hoping to get Irving though.

Comment

He was always on my radar but was leaning more to jones before the attitude and effort issues started showing. I would prefer Barnes to a PG right now and even over Irving.

Comment

Working...
                                X