Raptors 2014 Free Agency: Raptors Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    Can we sign a high end PF, and still have enough money for KD?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    I don't like the idea of waiting on KD. I hope we concentrate on internal growth and if we have the ability to get a difference maker at PF in 2015 we should take it.

Comment

• Plus Meeks is getting equal money... Frye and Bradley are getting 8M a year on multiyears contracts... Vasquez is better than all them IMO and we got him for 2y/13M? Great Masai good god

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

Adrian Wojnarowski twitter...thanks.
        Wow..thankfully it's 2 years,but 6.5 million,our cap just got destroyed with this signing.
        Damn, Damn, Damn, When you have that HUGE VOID in SF , while you have Lou Williams and when you have a void in the back up C, then you go and destroy your CAP on a player like G.V.

Damn, Damn, Damn ... This will come back and bite us during the season.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
          shoot. thought it was 2015. my bad.

pretty sure we don't have any second rounders for a while.
          We gave up 2nd rounders in the Williams and Novak trades but we got one from Brooklyn for X.Thames. We have 2 from New York in the Bargnani trade. We have a ton of 2nd round picks. I think there is one year where we don't have one. It might be in 2016.

Comment

• Have not seen anywhere if his deal is fully guaranteed or not. Right now all we have is spec if its no options or fully guaranteed. Hoping we have first year fully guaranteed with second year partial to say 4.5 to 5M.. That would be a little more in line.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
              Damn, Damn, Damn, When you have that HUGE VOID in SF , while you have Lou Williams and when you have a void in the back up C, then you go and destroy your CAP on a player like G.V.

Damn, Damn, Damn ... This will come back and bite us during the season.
              What Void? BRUNO!

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                I think Vasquez contract is pretty good. He's paid a lot, but Im sure he will prove he is worth the money. Plus it ends in 2016. 100% sure its all strategy to try and get KD north of the border. Vasquez prefered more over a short period than less over 3-4 years cuz he wants his good friend durant to join him and he will help the organization getting him.
                This is what I keep reading but why does having gv expire in 2016 help get kd here? Wouldn't it make more sense to have him under contract here to sell this place? Otherwise they can just sign together anywhere else. I'm sure I am missing something because so many people are mentioning it but I don't see it.

Comment

This is an awful deal and I can not believe some people here are defending it and think it is still a good deal Well, I guess people don't change.

I gave MU credit for his last two signing of this off season BUT this one is an awful over pay by almost 45% of what he is really worth which is 4.5 million.

The funny part of it all is G.V. tweet: " I truly love Toronto" loooool, sure Pal, can you be any more dishonest and fake !!!
                  Lol I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, what with people kept giving you a hard time ...

But man, you make it difficult ...

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    What Void? BRUNO!
                    You think Bruno will play SF this season

Comment

You think Bruno will play SF this season
                      Absolutely. What other position would he play? At 205lbs he's not playing PF.

Comment

Lol I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, what with people kept giving you a hard time ...

But man, you make it difficult ...
                        I was told by other moderators to not reply to these sort of personal posts ... So stick to the policies of your site and don't try to make it a personal thing.

Thanks

Comment

I was told by other moderators to not reply to these sort of personal posts ... So stick to the policies of your site and don't try to make it a personal thing.

Thanks
                          Just trying to give you some pointers is all. Moderating.

You're Very Welcome.

Comment

He is not ready for NBA this season and we will be lucky if we can even get 10 minutes a game from him. However, lets see who is right. Summer league will give us a tiny inside on how ready.

Comment

I think he means, you think Bruno will play this season?

He might be the next coming of Magic Johnson but it's unrealistic to think he'd play any significant minutes this season.

Comment

• I assume MU could have paid little less for GV IF HE WANTED TO OFFER HIM A LONGER CONTRACT

Comment

Working...
                                X