Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    I absolutely do not want Boozer.. terrible move. He is one of the only few guys I would not want traded for Bargnani. Too much money, long term, old...

I'd rather go for an injured Gasol then Boozer. This season is over, so what's the point in getting Boozer now? If BC makes this move he's a bigger idiot then I thought he was.
    theres a very thin line that borders Genius & insanity.. im not sure which side this falls under but it could work out very well if the right pieces fall into place..& if not we dump him on some dummy like Kahn! LOL

if we do get Boozer i hope someones at the airport to carry his bags, we dont want him tripping over them again! LOL

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      I absolutely do not want Boozer.. terrible move. He is one of the only few guys I would not want traded for Bargnani. Too much money, long term, old...

I'd rather go for an injured Gasol then Boozer. This season is over, so what's the point in getting Boozer now? If BC makes this move he's a bigger idiot then I thought he was.
      If the Raptors get a draft pick out of it I am good with it. Bulls likely picking 20 range or if they (edit: they being Raptors and pick is top 12 protected this year, 10 next, 8 '15, and unprotected '16) get Charlotte's pick... that would be even better.

As for this year, Raps should be trying to win as many games as possible. Boozer, despite age/contract/injury history he is still much better than Bargnani. Their injury histories are pretty much on par as well. Deal definitely makes Raps a playoff team next year in my opinion and gives Toronto a low post scoring threat who is also a decent passer.

This also lines Toronto up with a tonne of money coming off the books in 2015 right before extensions are due for JV and Ross.

For Chicago, Bargnani's contract is coming off the books when Mirotic would likely be coming to the NBA who would also be a stretch 4. Looks like Chicago is trying to lay a foundation for the very distant future.
      Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Feb 7, 2013, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• Draft pick or not, i'd still rather have JV learning from Boozer than Bargnani.

You might think there'd be better trades available but maybe there isn't. If it comes down to Bargs vs Boozer, I'd take Boozer. It seemed like everyone wanted Bargs gone for a pack of peanuts and now we have it.
        in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          KC Johnson writes for Chicago Tribune.

I am shocked Chicago initiated..... wait a second.... no longer shocked.... surprised.
          I can't say I am surprised Chicago want to get rid of Boozer because there were already rumors in the offseason they wanted Taj Gibson to become a starter.

I am surprised at Chicago showing interest in Bargnani. It makes me think they believe Bargnani will be an easier contract to move tha Boozer's.

Boozer 's FG% this year is a personal worst and a full 6% less than his career average. Like Gay, he's a risk but this is one I would not take.

Comment

• Eric Koreen ‏@ekoreen

Casey on Bargs boos: "It's not like he had a back ache or a headache or a tooth ache. He had a torn tendon in his arm, a legit injury."
            I'm not condoning the boos but I don't think Casey understands what the boos are about. This is not because he missed time due to an injury. It is because he played like absolute shit to start the season which was the breaking point of 7 years of disappointments and frustrations for many fans and more fuel to the fire for many more.

Comment

• if BC can somehow work in a draft pick and/or heinrich.. i'd be elated

heinrich is a stud.. and we need another quality PG

if he doesn't get either of them.... meh.. don't care... wouldn't be impressed, or depressed... but picking up backup PGs on 10 day contracts for the rest of the season is going to suck on roko ukic levels

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
                Nobody is "trying to control". Just commenting on how stupid and classless it was under the circumstances.
                Again that is your opinion, those people put their money where their mouth was. I know a season ticket holder that has invested over 300K into the team, and he does not mind booing Andrea, and I think he is far from classless.

You can't have it both ways, if booing is too much of an emotional investment for you, than so must be cheering. It's not like world hunger is getting eliminated before our eyes, why would anyone put so much emotion into a game? The idea that one can only express pleasure is your limited idea of what is proper at the venue.

I think a paying fan can do as they please. Like I said I get weary of people such as yourself who judge others but yet you could not be bothered to be there, much less buy season tickets for 10 years to support this team. There is a reason why fans want Andrea traded, its not because he lacks talent, or is what he is, its because they have seen him play with motivation and without and at this stage feel that a professional should be capable of being motivated for every game.

I don't think life is that simple, judging morality by a booing sports fan is a little whacky IMO. I think you are still a pup.

Comment

• Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                  I can't say I am surprised Chicago want to get rid of Boozer because there were already rumors in the offseason they wanted Taj Gibson to become a starter.

I am surprised at Chicago showing interest in Bargnani. It makes me think they believe Bargnani will be an easier contract to move tha Boozer's.

Boozer 's FG% this year is a personal worst and a full 6% less than his career average. Like Gay, he's a risk but this is one I would not take.
                  With the injury to Rose, that has a trickle down effect on the rest of the team. Things aren't going to be as easy without a talent like Rose on the floor.

November and December was brutal to start the year but he came around in January.

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
                    I'd say it's more like acting like an adult trying to convey some maturity and decency to little girls like you.

LOL, I am not the one getting emotionally distressed by fans booing Andrea.(You remind me of "leave Brittney alone")

Have you even been to other sporting venues in North America? ACC fans classless? Are you kidding me, you still have so much to learn about life.
                    Last edited by BasketballCrush; Thu Feb 7, 2013, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      Why? He's a Veteran Big that can rebound, score in the post, and muscle dudes around. I doubt we'll get anything better than this for "Banana"
                      He's 31, wayyyyyyy overpaid, his defense is poor despite playing for Sloan and Thibs all these years, and he doesn't fit an up tempo game at all. Both defense (especially that he's only 6'9"), and ability to play up tempo are worse than AB. Now, depending on other pieces, maybe it makes more sense, but until we know.

NOTE: Does it say anything to anybody that the Bulls initiated these "talks"?

Comment

• If this goes down I'd be happy but wow really? Boozer is a piece for that championship hunt... and Bargnani is the wrong guy to play on a get down and dirty bulks team full of emotional guys like Noah

Comment

• mtth wrote: View Post
                          I prefer Barg over Boozer with our actual line up. We need someone who can shoot the 3s and spread the defense, giving room for DD and RD. And we still need a back up PG please pretty please...
                          That trade is a poor attempt by BC to save his ass.
                          Pay attention: this rumour is coming out of Chicago, and word is that Chicago initiated talks. BC would not be a GM if he didn't say "what have you got in mind?", but he may well be laughing at Chicago. Damn, the NBA writer world knows how to up their hits: post shit that naive Raptors fans go ape on.

Comment

• Boozer sucks but his contract is a lot shorter than Bargs and the ability to shed Bargs AND Kleiza's contract is pretty rad.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                              LOL weve had a champagne budget with a beer taste! LOL

boozer is def better then bargs, that said if theres a better deal out there then do that, im not attached to boozer... he def is an upgrade though & would provide much better Defense, Rebounding & Post scoring thats for sure. Id also want Nate Robinson in the deal
                              "better defense"? wrong

Comment

• ESPN.com's Marc Stein first reported the talks, which a source told the Tribune were initiated by the Bulls and initially dismissed because of the Raptors' desire to land the Lakers' Pau Gasol. Though talks are not currently active, a source said the Raptors know the trade is available and could expand to include Nate Robinson and John Lucas III.
                                http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,1586359.story

K.C Johnson ‏@KCJHoop

Bulls-Raptors Boozer/Bargnani talks not currently active but could be revived with Nate Robinson/John Lucas III. http://trib.in/WUiRZn

Comment

Working...
                                X