Everything Rudy Gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• japetas wrote: View Post
    I'd say you're little too optimistic... Last year we started 4-18 without Rudy and we ended up @ 12th.. This year many teams are tanking as hard as ever, and we are not. We'll definitely win series against teams like Boston (not even talking about Milwaukee, Philly, Utah, Orlando and Sacramento) and we are really not much worse than Charlotte, Cleveland and Washington (if not better). If the current roster stays put, we have a little chance to be that bad... So at he and of the day, we'll end up without playoffs experience to our young team again, followed by drafting another T-Ross level prospect
    Raps barely beat Milwaukee with a rookie 2nd round draft pick starting; relied on season best shooting to beat Philly minus Young; lost to Charlotte; barely beat Boston; lost to Washington when Nene and Gortat shot a combined 8/24 with no Ariza (contract year!).

Milwaukee, Charlotte, Cleveland, and Washington are most definitely not tanking.

Philly and Orlando are arguably as good as Toronto without any trades: imagine if Toronto makes trades?

Boston is not guaranteed to be tanking and are going to have a good 20 games with Rondo playing.

Toronto is an awful team and they are trying to be good. Good lord what happens if they try to be bad????

In this draft, top 6 is good enough for me. I'll be happy with whatever piece comes.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      In this draft, top 6 is good enough for me. I'll be happy with whatever piece comes.
      If Wiggins or Smart land here, consider my pants creamed
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Raps barely beat Milwaukee with a rookie 2nd round draft pick starting; relied on season best shooting to beat Philly minus Young; lost to Charlotte; barely beat Boston; lost to Washington when Nene and Gortat shot a combined 8/24 with no Ariza (contract year!).

Milwaukee, Charlotte, Cleveland, and Washington are most definitely not tanking.

Philly and Orlando are arguably as good as Toronto without any trades: imagine if Toronto makes trades?

Boston is not guaranteed to be tanking and are going to have a good 20 games with Rondo playing.

Toronto is an awful team and they are trying to be good. Good lord what happens if they try to be bad????

Mark Murphy: Sullinger is talking playoffs. - "(We want to) show everybody that they can kiss our butts about that tanking stuff."

Comment

• You guys are severely underrating Rudy Gay here.
          If Bargnani could get a 1st rounder, 2 secound rounders and a great 3 point shooter, I expect Gay to fetch much more.
          Granted, MU did fleece the Knicks, but there has to be another team out there that will give up assets for Rudy Gay.
          I am thinking about

1. The Bucks
          2. The Knicks again (put Melo at PF and get a real #2 option to keep him in NY)
          3. Wizards (Otto Porter could be moved)

3 Realistic Trade Partners that could want Gay's services.

Comment

• Wow, I didn't see this yesterday:

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/mozgov...190045098.html

GOOD LORD!
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I'd say you're little too optimistic... Last year we started 4-18 without Rudy and we ended up @ 12th.. This year many teams are tanking as hard as ever, and we are not. We'll definitely win series against teams like Boston (not even talking about Milwaukee, Philly, Utah, Orlando and Sacramento) and we are really not much worse than Charlotte, Cleveland and Washington (if not better). If the current roster stays put, we have a little chance to be that bad... So at he and of the day, we'll end up without playoffs experience to our young team again, followed by drafting another T-Ross level prospect
              Are you not assuming that the team remains the same.... and not degraded thru player movement?

Edit: Oops I missed that u recognized possibility of change in team
              Last edited by Bendit; Mon Dec 2, 2013, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• 2kfeen wrote: View Post
                You guys are severely underrating Rudy Gay here.
                If Bargnani could get a 1st rounder, 2 secound rounders and a great 3 point shooter, I expect Gay to fetch much more.
                Granted, MU did fleece the Knicks, but there has to be another team out there that will give up assets for Rudy Gay.
                I am thinking about

1. The Bucks

Only the Bucks are really realistic there.

It's highly doubtful the Wizards give up on Porter before he really gets a chance. He's been injured and they'll bring him back slowly if they're smart. They don't really have much to offer beyond that. Ariza's expiring contract which covers about half of Gay's.

The Knicks have nothing to offer. Really.

I'm sure Gay could bring back decent value. The thing is a lot of people would love to get an extra pick for this upcoming draft, which doesn't seem likely with Gay. I'm sure a future first, like what Bargs brought back, would be fully gettable. We should all also remember that Bargs brought back 2 guys whose contracts the Raptors had to eat, and Novak, who while a great shooter, is not very good at anything else.

Definitely expect more for Gay, but not sure quite how much better. I think a lot depends on how much Ujiri values getting expiring contracts. Would he be willing to take on some long-term money if it means getting better young players and/or picks? Or will he prioritize clearing some space, and settling for taking fewer/riskier young players/picks?

Comment

• 2kfeen wrote: View Post
                  You guys are severely underrating Rudy Gay here.
                  I am thinking about

1. The Bucks

How realistic are they when you consider the CBA and pieces the Raptors would actually want from those teams plus pieces that those teams would give up?

For example:

1. Bucks were burned last year giving up assets for a 3 month rental. Do they go there again?
                  2. What do the Knicks have that could possibly interest the Raptors and add up to $12.88M?
                  3. Porter has yet to play a game. Who else is traded to makeup numbers as per CBA? Webster and Ariza have been playing fantastic at fractions of cost.

Comment

Just noticed Stephen Brotherson's blog about Knicks, Melo "Fantasy" trade to Toronto for Rudy and Amir http://probballreport.com/fantasy-tr...-for-rudy-gay/ I would like to hear your opinion - would you give up 2014 draft pick (maybe TOP-3 or TOP-2 protected) plus Gay (according to trade machine there's no need to include more players to match salaries), if Anthony wouldn't be mind against contract extension with Toronto?
                    Not in a million years.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Not in a million years.
                      You wouldn't want Melo over Gay? Our 2014 draft pick would probably not be in the lottery anyways if we dont blow it up.
                      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                        You wouldn't want Melo over Gay? Our 2014 draft pick would probably not be in the lottery anyways if we dont blow it up.
                        Melo over Gay maybe. That wasn't the question though. We don't want Melo because we'd be stuck with another huge iso ball hog that has never gotten anyone over the hump, or close to the hump.

After Bargnani last year and Gay this year, can our next "top option" pleeeeease have some efficiency to his game?
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I've decided the following and I expect you all to agree...or else...

1.) Rudy Gay is producing at a 10 - 11 million dollar rate

2.) Rudy Gay needs to adapt his game to that of point forward.

3.) Rudy's statline with his corrected contract should read as 13 - 15 pts, 8 - 10 rebounds, 5 - 8 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks, and Pippenesque defense.

4.) Rudy Gay is a 2nd option. He would be far more efficient if his role was clearly defined. He is a 2nd option getting All Star money.
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                            I've decided the following and I expect you all to agree...or else...

1.) Rudy Gay is producing at a 10 - 11 million dollar rate

2.) Rudy Gay needs to adapt his game to that of point forward.

3.) Rudy's statline with his corrected contract should read as 13 - 15 pts, 8 - 10 rebounds, 5 - 8 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks, and Pippenesque defense.

4.) Rudy Gay is a 2nd option. He would be far more efficient if his role was clearly defined. He is a 2nd option getting All Star money.
                            Rudy would be alright under those conditions, which imply the need for a better, much stronger-willed coach with a plan. Or a Phil Jackson savant who can coax a new approach out of Rudy using Jedi mind tricks. Either way would be fine with me.

Honestly though, I don't see a change like that in Rudy's game unless he were teamed up with a superstar who demanded that role out of him and held him accountable. Think Spurs, Heat, or KG-Celtics.

Clearly Rudy doesn't respect his current teammates or coach much.* As long as he thinks he's the best thing to happen to the 2013/14 Raptors, he's gonna keep playing this way.

*See recent comments re: benching.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• So much has been made of Lebron and Melo going to LA with Kobe.... But I can easily see Rudy and Melo joining forces with Kobe in the D'antoni system... It would be the kind of situation Rudy needs and he will thrive in... If LA can find a way to dump Nash's salary... I can see them making a push for something like this to happen... Also, Bosh and Rudy to LA is also a possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Interesting..

@JLew1050: Rudy passed on the trip to Alcatraz yesterday. Said he promised his mom he'd never see the inside of a prison, won't break that promise.
                                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                                X