No announcement yet.

What's your starting 5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it interesting that some people think Patterson "deserves" to start over Amir.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
      I find it interesting that some people think Patterson "deserves" to start over Amir.
      I find it interesting that you find that interesting
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Same as last year until someone proves worthy of starting or proves unworthy of starting.

Comment

]Same as last year until someone proves worthy of starting or someone else proves unworthy of starting.

Comment

the reason I opted for Patterson in my starting five is because I put Johnson at the 3 and wanted the shooting to hide him
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Lowry, Demar, Ross, Amir, Jonas

2Pat would be great in that unit, but is too perfect off the bench as a stretch 4 addind offense to our bench.

With Casey's love of D, I could see James Johnson at SF - but young players like Ross may be affected by such things.
              The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

The starting 5 should be the same as last year:

JV, Amir, Ross, DD, Lowry

The 5 that ends the game though.. now this is what I would like to see (pending foul trouble and match-ups):

Offense: JV, 2Pat, DD, Lou W, Lowry
                Defense: JV, Amir, JJ, Ross, Lowry

Comment

Chuck Hayes, Tyley Hansbrough, Bruno, Lou Williams, Will Cherry. SUCK IT CLEVELAND!!

Comment

Lowry, Ross, Johnson, Johnson. Valanciunas

I think DeRozan would be more effective off the bench... 6man of the year

Comment

allintheeyes wrote: View Post
                      Lowry, Ross, Johnson, Johnson. Valanciunas

I think DeRozan would be more effective off the bench... 6man of the year
                      Really? So you would break up the best back court in the east and send DD to the bench so he can contribute 14points/game instead of 22?
                      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                      Because its 2015

Comment

Will cherry
                        Lou willams
                        Bruno
                        Physco T
                        Babe

Sixth man chuck Hayes

Bench
                        GV
                        Landry
                        JJ
                        pattrick Patterson
                        Amir

Garbage minutes
                        Kyle lowry
                        DeMar DeRozan
                        TROSS
                        JV
                        Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Lol switch Landry with Lou for me
                          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

The starting unit needs Amir's glue guy impact and his defense for the opposition's best PF. PP's shooting will be more valuable with the bench where he can play a bigger offensive role and get more touches.

I agree though that Amir's minutes should be managed so he's 100% for the playoffs. I'd rather make the second round than hit 50 wins, if I had to choose.

The bench will be even better with JJ and Lou Williams. It's gonna be good.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                              Really? So you would break up the best back court in the east and send DD to the bench so he can contribute 14points/game instead of 22?
                              You can have him play just as many minutes, but mostly against weaker competition, so that:
                              A) his defense is less of an issue
                              B) he can face weaker defenders and score even more points

Our starters are a P&R unit, and DeRozan doesn't fit in all that well: he can't space the floor and he's a bit of a ball-stopper. I'd rather see his ability to create for himself put to use when we don't have as good P&R personnel on the floor, guys like Hayes and Hansbrough.

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                                This would probably be the only time in the history of the NBA that a team used their only All-Star as a 6th man in order to give him softer match-ups.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X