No announcement yet.

Dion Waiters for Terrence Ross?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lost something in the translation of the logic of the rumour monger from the Insider quoted here in part..."Yes, they already have DeMar DeRozan locked up to a long-term deal and 2012 lottery pick Terrence Ross coming off the bench. A deal involving Waiters-for-Ross would make some sense, ....."

Now, how would just swapping a sg for another sg "make some sense" when we already have a starting sg signed long term (DD)?

We could expand the deal and include some picks and other players and get a tad more creative about the swap...make it more exciting.

Comment

Burnit482 wrote: View Post
      no.. i heard rumours of maybe waiters for shumptert or evan turner(prob more added) id go after either of those guys wayyyy before waiters...
      If there have been multiple rumours about Waiters, chances are the Cavs are leaking them, especially since we know Ujiri keeps things close to the vest.

*Waiters value is quite low, and the rumours would suggest Cleveland trying to establish his value as worth "a talented player on a rookie deal" or higher.

Can't imagine there's any interest from the Raps, unless it's a totally different deal where we fleece them a lot more.
      Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed Nov 27, 2013, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Oh yay, another wing that can't shoot 3s.
        OG is our king

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
          Oh yay, another wing that can't shoot 3s.
          Which wing do we have that can't shoot 3s?

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
            Which wing do we have that can't shoot 3s?
            I was mostly referring to our wing rotation from last year, when DD, Landry, Rudy, and Ross were inconsistent from 3. It's not much of a problem so far this year, but I'd rather not go back to those days.
            OG is our king

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              If we can give them Gay and they give us back Bynum, a first round pick as well then sure, sign me up!
              I'd even settle for a 2015 pick

Comment

Not saying I would do this trade, but I'm surprised this thread is so one sided. Waiters has that star potential which the Raptors are desperate for. Great at penetrating, can be a primary ball handler, and is a good scorer off the bench. Love Ross, but he's no alpha dog.i have to say though that Ross has been pretty good as of late.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                  Not saying I would do this trade, but I'm surprised this thread is so one sided. Waiters has that star potential which the Raptors are desperate for. Great at penetrating, can be a primary ball handler, and is a good scorer off the bench. Love Ross, but he's no alpha dog.i have to say though that Ross has been pretty good as of late.
                  I think that was the narrative about Waiters coming into the league...but I haven't seen that.
                  I don't think he'll ever be that good, so the alpha dog mentality works against him.
                  I would prefer Ross, who will play within himself and do his job without trying to do more.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                    Waiters is all of that, sure, but he's extremely duplicative of DeMar and Rudy in those respects. We already have two non-star-level score-first players; the last thing we need is a third.

DeMar for Waiters and Bennett plus a pick? I might consider that.

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                      The thing is Dion Waiter has a reputation of being a chucker, being overweight, average defense at best and having a huge ego. I'm pretty sure that's why most people don't really want him.
                      Nailed it.

Ross > Waiters.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

There aren't too many ways to say that Waiters is fucking garbage...

Comment

You do not trade position for position, when you swap 1 team has to get screwed.
                          You trade a position your deep at for another position of need.

Comment

i could see waiters getting into arguments with lowry
                            "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                            - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

Ross is better than Waiters not to mention SLAM DUNK FUCKING CHAMPION! so I say no.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                                Ross is better than Waiters not to mention SLAM DUNK FUCKING CHAMPION! so I say no.

LOL seriously dude?

Comment

Working...
                                X