No announcement yet.

Jordan can still dunk. At 50. Unreal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jordan is 6'6" I have seen the guy. Why is it important though? I guess for the dunking thing... hey man, at 50 thats pretty sweet. I'm turning 41 and I'm lucky if I can still grab the rim.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
      Jordan is 6'6" I have seen the guy. Why is it important though? I guess for the dunking thing... hey man, at 50 thats pretty sweet. I'm turning 41 and I'm lucky if I can still grab the rim.
      man... im a bit younger than you, and i'm lucky if I can get any air between my foot and the ground on jump shots... the best I can hope for is an aggressive tippy toe.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
        Are you 6'6"? And I'm going to go out on a limb and presume you didn't make a career out of your ability to dunk among other things that Jordan could do quite well?

I was in mexico prolly 5 or 6 years ago and we were playing hoops and these four middle-aged guys came along and asked if they could play us. Which it was my neighbour,his son, my dad and I. These guys were just goofin around and going easy on us, they were like former varsity college players. Anyways, my neighbour was being guarded by this 5'5" 250lb 35-45 aged dude and he(my neighbour) goes for a shot beside the rim and the dude leaps probably 3 feet in the air and blocks him.

The thinner taller guys that were probably 6'4" dunked a few times.

So, I'm not really all that impressed if the greatest basketball player of all time can still dunk at 50.

To continue this story, I wondered what happened that these guys didn't go pro whether they just werent quite good enough or what. Then the following day I was by the pool and went to go take a leak and saw them snorting coke in the bathroom.
        Last edited by LBF; Mon Aug 12, 2013, 11:15 AM.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Anybody who isn't impressed by this should tell us what their best jam is currently.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Anybody who isn't impressed by this should tell us what their best jam is currently.
            for the record, i'm very impressed.

also, my best jam is peach marmalade

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
              for the record, i'm very impressed.

also, my best jam is peach marmalade

Why you people are very impressed?

This dude trained his elastic strength for the 20 years ++ and you think he can not dunk at 50? I don't see anything unreal here.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                Why you people are very impressed?

This dude trained his elastic strength for the 20 years ++ and you think he can not dunk at 50? I don't see anything unreal here.
                Charles barkley couldn't do it.

mostly, that's why.

Comment

Charles barkley couldn't do it.

mostly, that's why.
                  He's eating 250% more fat than allowed in RDI.

Comment

He's eating 250% more fat than allowed in RDI.
                    if I was an NBA superstar, making millions and millions more than either my intelligence level or actual practical life skills levels should really allow for...

the first thing i'd do when I retired is get in line at a krispy kream, but 3 dozen donuts..... then go back and do the same a few hours later for lunch

so the ability to fight off gluttony ranks very highly in my "skills to admire" category

in fact, I killed off 10 timbits while typing this post.

Comment

if I was an NBA superstar, making millions and millions more than either my intelligence level or actual practical life skills levels should really allow for...

the first thing i'd do when I retired is get in line at a krispy kream, but 3 dozen donuts..... then go back and do the same a few hours later for lunch

so the ability to fight off gluttony ranks very highly in my "skills to admire" category

in fact, I killed off 10 timbits while typing this post.
                      Dude. I was joking about fat eating. You just chose bad example comparing MJ with Barkley. He ( Barkley ) was the center, he had completely different training regime, he used a lot and I mean a lot of food supplements (to fight Shaq ), he did not do any elastic strength trainings during season ( can cause problem for big men when playing ball after that.. ), only in training camp. The different story is MJ. He needed to maintain his leaping ability, he needed to do elastic strength trainings at least twice a week ( maybe even more. ) that's why MJ still can dunk.

Donuts. mm.
                      Last edited by rocwell; Mon Aug 12, 2013, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Here's a link of interest:

Higher glucose levels linked to dementia.

Comment

Dude. I was joking about fat eating. You just chose bad example comparing MJ with Barkley. He ( Barkley ) was the center, he had completely different training regime, he used a lot and I mean a lot of food supplements (to fight Shaq ), he did not do any elastic strength trainings during season ( can cause problem for big men when playing ball after that.. ), only in training camp. The different story is MJ. He needed to maintain his leaping ability, he needed to do elastic strength trainings at least twice a week ( maybe even more. ) that's why MJ still can dunk.

Donuts. mm.
                          dude... joking about barkley... I just picked the first fattie who most likely cant dunk now from MJs era that came to mind..

more importantly..

would you be more impressed with MJ being able to dunk... or MJ being able to program his PVR?

I don't know many 50 yr olds who can program a PVR...

Comment

Exactly, and mine is strawberry or maybe under the leg tomahawk with a step ladder. It's too close to call.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              A 360 from the freethrow line

Comment

Speaking of which. You guys are old and you've probably done quite a bit of training and shit throughout your life. What kind of methods/exercises do you guys recommend for increasing vertical jump? I can barely touch the freaking mesh!
                                p.s I'm about 5'10" in shoes

Comment

Working...
                                X