No announcement yet.

Your 2012/2013 Toronto Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm concerned as well. Looking for a good season without many injuries. I have faith in Casey but not so much in DeMar and Bargnani.... hoping for a good season, and a nice splash during the trade deadline.

Comment

NoBan wrote: View Post
      My cat sh!t on the floor and then puked in the same spot.

I covered it with icing sugar and noted that it was remarkably improved.
      LOL! Brilliant!

Comment

Superstars and even all-stars are incredibly difficult to obtain.

Having a realistic perspective on the matter I cannot understand the unhappiness from posters. The Raps got younger, deeper, and better. The players obtained fit Casey's system much bEtter as well.

If superstars and all stars were easy to obtain everyone would have multiple.

Comment

Lowry
          DeRozan
          Fields
          Bargnani
          Valanciunas

Backups
          Backup PG (Not Calderon)
          Ross
          Kleiza
          Davis
          Gray

3rd stringer
          Uzoh or one of Tu Holloway or Stoglin
          Anderson
          3rd stringer SF/SG
          Acy
          Magloire

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Superstars and even all-stars are incredibly difficult to obtain.

Having a realistic perspective on the matter I cannot understand the unhappiness from posters. The Raps got younger, deeper, and better. The players obtained fit Casey's system much bEtter as well.

If superstars and all stars were easy to obtain everyone would have multiple.
            Not only that, but they've done so without taking on any horrendous contracts (aka mortgaging their future). Fields might be a tad overpaid, but it's by no means a crippling contract.

Once Calderon expires or is traded (with little/no salary coming back), the Raps will actually be several million under the salary cap, setting them up for further improvement and roster flexibility in the future.

Comment

My prediction is ninth or tenth in the east. Making the playoffs is possible, though.

Comment

Yes Fields is overpaid (but not crippling). It's just so ridiculous that we overpaid an RFA and now the plan is to play him out of position. Maybe our stat guys claim he's a great fit, but do they have a stat that shows how much poop was removed from his gitch after each playoff game last year?

Comment

Fields was a starter on a playoff team the last two seasons. How many raptors can say the same?

Raps got younger deeper and better. Much better positioned to get a top talent if one is available on trade market.

Comment

I'm surprised that people thought we'd come out with anything better. There was some talk (in forums) about Iguodala, Gay, etc, apparently some of you believed it would be a real possibility. I love hoping for stuff like that but it's not realistic. I've been saying this for over a year now -- the moment we decided to take the risk of drafting a player who couldn't play right away, the team committed themselves to a 3+ year 'break' from being a competitive team. Now we're looking at 2+ years. The most logical way to build a team is waiting until that window has opened before you start adding quality vets with medium to large contracts.

I honestly feared the worst after seeing years of Colangelo outbidding himself for inferior talent. But I think this team is headed in the right direction now. I think we should be able to win 10-15 more games than last year and we didn't take on any ridiculous contracts or old people. In my books, that is an improvement.
                    Last edited by ebrian; Wed Jul 18, 2012, 01:39 PM.
                    your pal,
                    ebrian

Comment

Fields was a starter on a playoff team the last two seasons. How many raptors can say the same?

Raps got younger deeper and better. Much better positioned to get a top talent if one is available on trade market.
                      True .. but thats a bit of a misleading statement. A much stronger statement could be made for the likes of Joel Anthony "As starter on a championship/finals team the last two years" .. not sure I want him on my team.

Reality is .. he was a clear 5th starter (JR Smith / Novak regularly got more minutes, and more important minutes than he did at his position) on a team that just squeaked into the playoffs and was handled easily in the first round.

So - not saying the guy is a scrub .. but lets not overplay his accomplishments just because he happened to start on a playoff team ...

Comment

im glad we never drafted Waiters. http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap..._Techniquewith all the hate early about the Ross pick im kind of glad we got him instead of Waiters..

Comment

I don't understand why ppl feel that playoffs are out the question next year. When Bargnani was playing last year we were in contention for the eight seed. Now we come back with a better roster and you guys don't think we will be in contention for at least eight? IMO were just as Talented as Philly if not more talented.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                            I'm surprised that people thought we'd come out with anything better. There was some talk (in forums) about Iguodala, Gay, etc, apparently some of you believed it would be a real possibility. I love hoping for stuff like that but it's not realistic. I've been saying this for over a year now -- the moment we decided to take the risk of drafting a player who couldn't play right away, the team committed themselves to a 3+ year 'break' from being a competitive team. Now we're looking at 2+ years. The most logical way to build a team is waiting until that window has opened before you start adding quality vets with medium to large contracts.

I honestly feared the worst after seeing years of Colangelo outbidding himself for inferior talent. But I think this team is headed in the right direction now. I think we should be able to win 10-15 more games than last year and we didn't take on any ridiculous contracts or old people. In my books, that is an improvement.
                            Do you mean 10-15 wins better than 23 wins based on 66 or 82 game season?

Given raps won one more game in 16 less games played I am going to assume you meant 66 games - correct if wrong.

Assuming health I think Raps could manage 41 wins which is what 10 plus wins in an 82 game season would equate to.

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
                              True .. but thats a bit of a misleading statement. A much stronger statement could be made for the likes of Joel Anthony "As starter on a championship/finals team the last two years" .. not sure I want him on my team.

Reality is .. he was a clear 5th starter (JR Smith / Novak regularly got more minutes, and more important minutes than he did at his position) on a team that just squeaked into the playoffs and was handled easily in the first round.

So - not saying the guy is a scrub .. but lets not overplay his accomplishments just because he happened to start on a playoff team ...
                              Sorry but Fields played second most minutes of any Knick last year.

Comment

Sorry but Fields played second most minutes of any Knick last year.
                                People undervalue playing for a winning team and overvalue numbers and stats here
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X