Wilson Chandler's playing in Toronto!....for Denver. Game day thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Plus demar has hops why not just take off every time you have space to take 2 steps
    Because he needs more than 2 steps. Again, explosiveness is the issue. Fast twitch muscle fibre.

Comment

Although Vince looked skinny, he was actually quite strong. Although he wasn't known for his defence, Carter had no problem defending in the post (when he wanted to). It's hard to do so successfully without strength.

Strength + Explosiveness = Power (something DeMar doesn't have).

Comment

Actually something to remember to DeMar's credit:

VC was a 22 year old rookie in the NBA.

DeMar is a 22 year old 3rd year player.

Still doesn't change the fact DeMar needs to get stronger nor does it change the fact he is not near as explosive as VC was.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Since DeMar does not have the explosiveness VC had, DD needs to go through the contact - not over it or before it like Vince did.

MKG has nothing to do with this.

I love the love for DD but objectivity. Please.
          Ok Who in this draft do you think has the "Strength and explosiveness" to pull that off? thats why i was asking if MKG could pull it off. IMO we need atleast one guy who can rise and just put it down on anyone.

Comment

Ok Who in this draft do you think has the "Strength and explosiveness" to pull that off? thats why i was asking if MKG could pull it off. IMO we need atleast one guy who can rise and just put it down on anyone.
            I don't think there is anyone in the draft who can pull it off. Few guards/wings relative to the number of total guards/wings in the league have ever had that ability.

I think the Raptors have that guy in James Johnson. However, I don't see the 'need' to have a player like that. The ability to finish through contact - whether dunk or layup - is the important factor as 2 points is 2 points.

Back to the original point, DeMar does not have the ability to dunk on people due to lack of explosiveness.
            He does not have the ability to finish through contact due to a lack of strength.

Comment

i think robinson might be able to do it somewhat. he seems beastly sometimes.

Comment

Jonas will do it when he gets stronger, he's already done it in the Euroleague.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                  Jonas will do it when he gets stronger, he's already done it in the Euroleague.
                  His team doesn't play in the Euroleague.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                    Well I don't know what the league they play for is called, all I know is his team.
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                      you know what he means

Comment

you know what he means
                        And now RR knows that his team doesn't play in the Euroleague, or can't I say that? Btw, I don't know exactly what he means, because I can't remember any posterizing dunk by JV (might be wrong); he's not really the type of player that can dunk in people's face like McGee can.

Comment

Working...
                        X