This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Why doesn't it slow down Dwight Howard? Dwight is in the paint all night slugging out on offense drawing more contact than anyone else in the league, is taking four less shots per game than Bargnani but is getting to the line six more times a game. Dwight just happens to be one of the most imposing defensive forces in the league.
    Like I said, clearly, Bargs is not built like Dwight, nor is his game similar at all. Dwight is a bona fide C, the prototype. Bargs has been thrust into the C position, but has a game more like a SF/PF. Much less time down low, and this is BY DESIGN from Triano

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
      We don't "lean" on him. If we wanted to we could stop giving the ball to bargnani soo much and give it to demar or someone else who can actually score efficiently. Bargnani is a chucker, he throws up shots and scores 20 points on 30 shots.
      no

Comment

When calculating a grade, it is very important to look at the context. Are you grading each person individually against themselves and their potential? Against other members of the team, or against the entire league?

The writer of the article doesn't seem to make that clear. As such you can almost make the assumption that the players are being graded against the other members of the team. If they compared them to the rest of the league, we'd see more C's and D's (and some F's). If they were compared to their potential, then Davis and Demar should be A's.

If my assumption is valid, then I would agree that Barg's grade is too low. There is no way that Dorsey or Ajinca are as good as Bargs. Even if Bargs defense is bad, these guys can't compare.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          When calculating a grade, it is very important to look at the context. Are you grading each person individually against themselves and their potential? Against other members of the team, or against the entire league?

The writer of the article doesn't seem to make that clear. As such you can almost make the assumption that the players are being graded against the other members of the team. If they compared them to the rest of the league, we'd see more C's and D's (and some F's). If they were compared to their potential, then Davis and Demar should be A's.

If my assumption is valid, then I would agree that Barg's grade is too low. There is no way that Dorsey or Ajinca are as good as Bargs. Even if Bargs defense is bad, these guys can't compare.
          Thank you. I believe the "grades" were just the writers subjective opinion, based on some floating scale calibrated to how much he "likes or dislikes" the players

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
            Like I said, clearly, Bargs is not built like Dwight, nor is his game similar at all. Dwight is a bona fide C, the prototype. Bargs has been thrust into the C position, but has a game more like a SF/PF. Much less time down low, and this is BY DESIGN from Triano
            The heck does that have to do with energy level? Bargnani is as big, if not bigger than most centers in the league. What's his excuse for not bringing it on defense? I just showed you a prime example of a center doing more on offense and also bringing world class defense and that's not even getting into defensive rebounding.

Comment

And 9 pts. Chris Bosh was better. We should trade Amir for Bosh

chris bosh is better than anyone on this team though i hate him he has 10x more passion and heart than bargnani

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                The heck does that have to do with energy level? Bargnani is as big, if not bigger than most centers in the league. What's his excuse for not bringing it on defense? I just showed you a prime example of a center doing more on offense and also bringing world class defense and that's not even getting into defensive rebounding.
                Howard is a much different player Apollo, on a different level. Like, MVP talk level, lets be real here.

Comment

raptorsking wrote: View Post
                  chris bosh is better than anyone on this team though i hate him he has 10x more passion and heart than bargnani
                  YOU mean than Amir.

Raptorskingbargs ftw!

Comment

Dance Pack: C-

The quality of the dancers has gone down in recent years, but their dancing still remains on par with the lunch-time staff at the House of Lancaster (The Bloor/Lansdowne one). For the price of one beer at the ACC, i can get the fly of my jeans to stink of stripper's ass crack. Clearly the ass crack stink is the better option.

Comment

You think Bargs deserves a C? He has been our go to guy all year, like it or not. Hasn't missed many games, still got 5.2 rebs, blocks shots, draws charges. Bad help D, pretty good man D. I think he at least deserves the same grade as Amir.
                      false.

Comment

false.
                        BWO, Raptorskingbargs, Il Mago the great

Comment

BWO, Raptorskingbargs, Il Mago the great
                          yup 260 pounds 7 feet tall but avg 5 boards he trully is the magician to get out rebounded that much, he probably has some charity in italy that says he'll donate 30 bucks for every rebound he pulls down.... just tryna get his bank in check ya feel me.

Comment

Should be higher for the $$$ he's paid.
                            Bargs should try playing some D for the $$$ he's paid.

Comment

yup 260 pounds 7 feet tall but avg 5 boards he trully is the magician to get out rebounded that much, he probably has some charity in italy that says he'll donate 30 bucks for every rebound he pulls down.... just tryna get his bank in check ya feel me.
                              Tryna ftw!

Comment

Howard is a much different player Apollo, on a different level. Like, MVP talk level, lets be real here.
                                That's all well and obvious but Howard puts forth a lot more effort than Bargnani. Surely you can understand the concept that effort is not a talent or an ability, it's way of thinking and then doing. Dwight chooses to work much harder than Bargnani and so his effort on the floor is much great than Bargnani's. I'm not talking about comparing stats here. I'm talking about effort.

Comment

Working...
                                X