Can't think of a superstar that fits better than Kevin Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Would you rather sign Kevin Love in 2015 or make a run at KD in 2016?
    $100 in the bank or $120 in a dream?

I think neither is realistic but of course you sign Love if he wants to come.

Comment

Tim Leiweke and Masai are probably thinking both

Comment

• 2kfeen wrote: View Post
        Kevin Love is everything this team is missing.

1) a bonafide superstar
        2) 3 point shooting and floor spacing
        3) A post presence to slow things down, especially in the playoffs. Amir these days is really fatigued from all the off-ball movement, pin-downs, etc.
        4) an efficient go to scorer, that can help Derozan flourish as a 1b/2a option on this team
        5) a guy that can mesh well with JV especially by giving him the space to go to work
        You're forgetting he is one of the best rebounders in the league. 2nd in the league behind Deandre Jordan for rpg and 1st in defensive rebounds per game. He is also 9th in the league for offensive rebounding.

For him to work on the raps though JV will have to have a developed enough post game that it will takes double teams to stop him. That's why Minnesota offense is so good because Pekovic is such a presence down low.

Comment

• I think Kevin love would be a great fit. Trade Amir and some other assets for a guy who could really make us contenders. Plus having him on the team could help us in 2016 to sign Durant. Though Love would be a free agent too in 2016 but again if things went well in his time here and they see CHAMPIONSHIP potential they could both sign to the raps.

Comment

• You Forget hes probably a worse defender than Bargnani only difference is he gets the Boards! In the words of the great Charles Barkley.

"Successful Defense ends when you get the rebound."

Comment

• #DailyDurantWatch:

Dropped 54 tonight against GS. Career high.

Dude's a machine.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                #DailyDurantWatch:

Dropped 54 tonight against GS. Career high.

Dude's a machine.
                Yeah, was watching it. Jaw-dropping performance.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                  You Forget hes probably a worse defender than Bargnani only difference is he gets the Boards! In the words of the great Charles Barkley.

Getting boards is part of defense (which I suspect that quote means as well?). I don't think there's much of a case that he's a worse defender than Bargs. He could box out better when far away from the ball, he could focus on shot defense more, he has some painfully annoying issues. But he's decent enough, and he's one of the best offensive players in the league.

Comment

• Bargs had decent one on one defense, at least at times. Maybe comparable to Love or even better in that regard. But Bargs had very low team defensive IQ, and could provide little to no effective help D. Love is much better at that, and is a crazy rebounder, so you have to give Love the nod in terms of defense over Bargs. Really, it's not close, Bargs was a terrible defensive liability and certainly didn't have the offensive talents that Love has to make up for it. Nonetheless, I wonder if our defense takes a big hit with starting Love and Amir on the bench. Amir is so active, and is a great defender individually and team wise. He makes guys adjust shots regularly and is constantly providing great help on drives, plus he isn't afraid to run out and challenge a 3pt shot where necessary. He is the backbone of our defense.

Comment

Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Plus one star can attract others... Like Harden helped get Howard and Griffin helped attract Paul.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                        You Forget hes probably a worse defender than Bargnani only difference is he gets the Boards! In the words of the great Charles Barkley.

I don't think Love is a good defender, but he is not, in any way, shape or form, worse than Bargnani. There is no 'probably' to be found. He is much better than Bargnani.

Love has a drtg 0.4 < the team. Is a +3 on/off

Bargnani has drtg 1.5 < the team. Is a +5.4 on/off

There is 'bad' defense, then there is 'Bargnani bad' defense. Lets not confuse these two.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          The argument can be made that Amir does things that contribute to winning (that doesn't necessarily show up on the boxscore).

There's no denying that Love is the more talented player, but he may not be the more valuable player.
                          Amir on the court clearly makes Raps a better team. K Love on the court would likely make Raps a MUCH better team.
                          With Love on the court Demar & Ross are unlikely to ever see a double team. Heck I am willing to bet they would both be open more than my fly in a whore house.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                            Bargs had decent one on one defense, at least at times. Maybe comparable to Love or even better in that regard. But Bargs had very low team defensive IQ, and could provide little to no effective help D. Love is much better at that, and is a crazy rebounder, so you have to give Love the nod in terms of defense over Bargs. Really, it's not close, Bargs was a terrible defensive liability and certainly didn't have the offensive talents that Love has to make up for it. Nonetheless, I wonder if our defense takes a big hit with starting Love and Amir on the bench. Amir is so active, and is a great defender individually and team wise. He makes guys adjust shots regularly and is constantly providing great help on drives, plus he isn't afraid to run out and challenge a 3pt shot where necessary. He is the backbone of our defense.
                            I'd be willing to bet that MOST nights Love will outscore & out-rebound his man.
                            And please lets not compare Bargs team D to Love (or anybody else for that matter).

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                              I'd be willing to bet that MOST nights Love will outscore & out-rebound his man.
                              And please lets not compare Bargs team D to Love (or anybody else for that matter).
                              Love's pretty bad though. Part of the problem is he lacks athleticism and length, so even if he can get to a spot (which he struggles to), he's less of a factor in influencing a shot. It's obviously not as blatant a defensive IQ thing as it is with Bargs.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                                Or not, like blocking the Chris Paul trade lol
                                Stern really shafted the Lakers by nixing that trade. The landscape of LA would be so different had he not cockblocked the Lakers. Smh.

Comment

Working...
                                X