Raptors 2014 Free Agency: non-Raptors thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    I have a feeling Bron and Bosh are gone. Granger/McRoberts look like replacements in the starting lineup for next year with Wade so the team is at least somewhat decent. They owe their pick to the Cavs iirc so they can't tank really.

EDIT: Of course it could also mean that LBJ, Wade, Bosh and possibly another player are all coming to MIA, and they're using their MLE and Bi-Annual to fill out the bench.
    I think Miami will bring back LBJ at the max (2 years?), sign Wade to 4 year $11M per year, and let Bosh walk (or possibly take back Lin and filler in a S&T) to Houston.
    Then they can use the remaining cap space to fill out the roster.
    Bosh isn't a superstar but it looks like he's going to be paid like one. That won't work for Miami. McRoberts seems like a good fit for Miami to replace Bosh (less scoring, but better passing, defense and 3pt shooting), just gotta add some more guys too.
    Granger gives them low risk high reward play at SF off the bench.
    I honestly like the Heat moves so far.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
      What if Boston had a similar situation to Houston?

Would you pay Jeff Green 13M to prevent them from having a lineup of Rondo/Bradley/Green/Love/Sullinger?

With all the talk of keeping flexibility and good cap/asset management, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say "hell no".
      Except that is not a "what if" in the same ball park for a variety of pretty obvious reasons.

In my example of Beverly, Harden, Parsons, Bosh, and Howard I see:
      - 1 first team NBA player (Harden)
      - 1 second team all NBA (Howard)
      - 1 second team all NBA defensive team (Beverly)
      - 3 all stars joining together
      - the ultimate glue guy in a 26 year old Parsons who can play without the ball effectively and contribute defensively.

In your example I see:
      - no all NBA except Love who the C's don't even have,
      - no all defensive team members,
      - an undersized C who really should be a PF,
      - an inconsistent volume shooting 28 year old tweener at SF/PF who is already overpaid at $9.2M.

So if you're going to give me a "what if" scenario then at least make it relevant to the situation. In case there was any doubt of the comparison of the calibre of players here, take a look at BoxScoreGeeks.com comparison.

Also there has been lots of attention given to Parsons here but Dallas has also reportedly been interested in Bosh as well. Once again OBVIOUSLY Parsons has to sign an agreement here

Comment

• If Free Agency over the years has taught me anything, it's that no one wants to go play in Dallas if anyone else wants them.

Comment

• whats up with the Magic throwing money left and right.

Signed Frye for 8 per 4.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
            whats up with the Magic throwing money left and right.

Signed Frye for 8 per 4.
            They saw Gordon nearly miss the backboard on a 3.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
              They saw Gordon nearly miss the backboard on a 3.
              LOL
              all jokes aside... i really thought that GM dude in Magic was quite smart!
              is BC running the show from behind the curtain there?

Comment

• Man that Patterson deal looks awesome now.

Plus they've got an even bigger logjam at forward now. Let's help ease things up by taking Tobias Harris off their hands.

Comment

whats up with the Magic throwing money left and right.

Signed Frye for 8 per 4.
                  and continue to stock up players at the 3/4 spots. Couple of guys down there now that are worthwhile calls on. Andrew Nicholson, Tobias Harris and Maurice Moe Harkless. Adding Frye + Gordon says maybe some is for sale.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• You got to wonder if Orlando would have been better off with Patterson's $30M/4 year reported deal. Frye is a good player but Patterson is younger, healthier and just as good. Glad we got him back for a better deal though.

Orlando is going to have a hard time fielding a team by overpaying guys like Frye.

Comment

• Frye is 31. That contract is going to look horrible in the final 2 years. PPat looks like an even bigger steal now. Plus loyal. This tells me PPat turned down an extra year and more per year from Orlando to come back to Toronto. The man wants to win.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        and continue to stock up players at the 3/4 spots. Couple of guys down there now that are worthwhile calls on. Andrew Nicholson, Tobias Harris and Maurice Moe Harkless. Adding Frye + Gordon says maybe some is for sale.
                        I would trade the Toronto 2016 first for Nicholson and Harkless if it also meant unloading Fields at the same time.

Comment

I would trade the Toronto 2016 first for Nicholson and Harkless if it also meant unloading Fields at the same time.
                          it looks like a good deal, but we are already super young. we dont need to get too young to a point where its detrimental to our team's win column.

Also, we need that 2016 pick, we have bigger fish to fry with that pick. *Kayyy Deee*

Comment

it looks like a good deal, but we are already super young. we dont need to get too young to a point where its detrimental to our team's win column.

Also, we need that 2016 pick, we have bigger fish to fry with that pick. *Kayyy Deee*
                            We have two. 2016 NYK/DEN and 2016 TOR. Could protect the Toronto pick. Sometimes being forced to pick one player to develop leads to better results than multiple picks. Also have extensions to Ross and JV coming up and we could use the salary dump of a first rounder especially a late first.

Comment

We have two. 2016 NYK/DEN and 2016 TOR. Could protect the Toronto pick. Sometimes being forced to pick one player to develop leads to better results than multiple picks. Also have extensions to Ross and JV coming up and we could use the salary dump of a first rounder especially a late first.
                              Ok, Lets try again.

So, OKC doesnt get to the Finals next year and the following is the only year KD is under contract. Extension talks with KD does not go anywhere.

Sam Presti, the man that doesnt like loosing its assets for nothing decides its better to get something in return for KD than seeing him walk for nothing. and KD is in the market now.

If you are the Raptors, what do you have to offer so that OKC is happy to deal KD to Raps?

Comment

• Crickets
                                _

Not a good look RRepublicans

Comment

Working...
                                X