No announcement yet.

Free Agency 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken Berger: Source confirms Rockets have agreed to a three-year, $25.1M offer sheet with restricted free agent Omer Asik of the Bulls. Twitter

Mike McGraw: Actually, sources now say Omer's offer is 3 yrs, $25.1 mil, which would work out to $5, 5.2 and close to $15 mil in third year. Crazy. Twitter
    Last edited by jbml; Sun Jul 1, 2012, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• Jonathan Feigan (Houston Chronicle beat-writer) says it's four years, $25.1M. Which is a little more sane.

edit: nevermind, Feigan corrected himself, it's 3 years.
      Last edited by octothorp; Sun Jul 1, 2012, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
        Ken Berger: Source confirms Rockets have agreed to a three-year, $25.1M offer sheet with restricted free agent Omer Asik of the Bulls. Twitter

Mike McGraw: Actually, sources now say Omer's offer is 3 yrs, $25.1 mil, which would work out to $5, 5.2 and close to $15 mil in third year. Crazy. Twitter
        I think Asik is a really solid player, but 15 million on a third year? Damn.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• That's steep; I think some teams thought they could get him relatively cheap (for like 5/6 a year). But when you look at what someone like Perkins makes, about 8,5 on average for the next three years, he's right around that number. And I think Asik is the better defensive player. After Dwight Howard and Garnett is there a center who is really better on defense than Asik?

Comment

• Fred Kerber: #Nets‬ one time high radar target Ersan Ilyasova drawing interest from Bucks, Cavs, Raptors, Spurs Twitter

I don't know how credible the source is.

Comment

• ilyasova isn't a bad fall back guy if no batum. but i would prefer a "pure" 3 i like my players with versatility coming off the bench for matchup purposes and kleiza and jj have that locked up a nice 2/3 wilson chandler would be nice though.

i like the peitrus news, i know lots of celtic haters here, but i like the team and watch a lot of their games, and he is a fantastic 3 point shooter.

Comment

• What's Portland's salary cap like if they just offered a max deal? Do they have money to match Batum's offers?

Comment

• speedbag wrote: View Post
                  What's Portland's salary cap like if they just offered a max deal? Do the have money to match Batum's offers?
                  I wonder as well. They offered a max deal to Hibbert, still have the guaranteed contracts of Lillard & Leonard, plus the signing sheet of Batum.

Comment

• A quote from a Portland writer - Dwight Jaynes:

Batum cannot sign the offer sheet until July 11 but by merely agreeing to it on that date, his cap hold -- now about $5.4 million -- would increase and thereby endanger Portland's ability to make a max-contract offer to Hibbert. When Batum, or any restricted free agent, signs an offer sheet, the cap hold with his original team immediately becomes the figure that he's signed for on the new offer sheet.

So if Batum's cap hold goes from $5.4 million to something over $10 million, the Blazers would be left with somewhere around $12 million of available room.

Comment

A quote from a Portland writer - Dwight Jaynes:

Batum cannot sign the offer sheet until July 11 but by merely agreeing to it on that date, his cap hold -- now about $5.4 million -- would increase and thereby endanger Portland's ability to make a max-contract offer to Hibbert. When Batum, or any restricted free agent, signs an offer sheet, the cap hold with his original team immediately becomes the figure that he's signed for on the new offer sheet.

So if Batum's cap hold goes from $5.4 million to something over $10 million, the Blazers would be left with somewhere around $12 million of available room.
                      They're stuck between the two. The best bet of this team is they go with Hibbert, and trade for a small forward. They have a good number of assets to deal for a solid player.

Comment

A quote from a Portland writer - Dwight Jaynes:

The thing that works against us is that by having "Bird Rights" on Batum, they can exceed the salary cap to match another offer and re-sign him. As long as they give their offer to Hibbert before they decide on Batum, they could get both players, regardless of their salary cap position.

Comment

• Ugh I want nothing to do with Peitrus. Dude is balls.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                            Ugh I want nothing to do with Peitrus. Dude is balls.
                            Just like Beasley, I assume that Pietrus will never be a Raptor as long as BC is GM. BC was going to sign him for this season, but the medical report raised enough concern for BC to walk away from the deal. I doubt things have changed, despite his good play for Boston this season. I don't think there's really any point talking about either player, since BC didn't acquire them when he could have.

Comment

• Is Batum worth a 33million/3year?

Whats the situation on W.Chandler? The nuggets have drafted the very raw Quincy Miller. They already have Gallo and Brewer.
                              Surely someone must be traded?

Comment

• draftedraptor wrote: View Post
                                Is Batum worth a 33million/3year?

Whats the situation on W.Chandler? The nuggets have drafted the very raw Quincy Miller. They already have Gallo and Brewer.
                                Surely someone must be traded?
                                I really like Rudy Gay, but doubt he's available and at $19M per season, he's quite expensive.

Iggy ($15M) and Deng ($14M) are both several years older than Batum, plus they're only under contract for 2 more seasons. I'd much rather pay Batum $10-12M per season and hope he fulfills the potential he's shown when given the opportunity to play. Nash made Marion look like an all-world superstar SF when they played together and I think Nash would really help further Batum's development and enable him to blossom into a star while playing together on the Raptors.

Chandler is still young and making $7M per season. He'd probably be my 2nd choice after Batum.

Comment

Working...
                                X