2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michel G wrote: View Post
    There is one thing that Quincy Acy does better that Reggie Evans (the player he's most compared to), and that's free throws. Acy shot 78% this year and he took 4.6 free throws a game. Our big man rotation is pretty deep now.
    TimD had a high FT% in college.

Comment

• draftedraptor wrote: View Post
      TimD had a high FT% in college.
      He shot 68.9% in his four years at Wake Forest. I wouldn't call that high. He wasn't bad, but he wasn't great.

Comment

• http://www.nba.com/raptors/raptors-live

BC, Acy, Ross, and Casey press conference
        Last edited by theycallmeZZ; Fri Jun 29, 2012, 01:37 PM.
        TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• Prime wrote: View Post
          You think that's good? Take a look at GSW:
          Curry/Thompson/Barnes/Lee/Bogut

That's at least a 50 win team on paper.

Well, until Curry and Bogut blow their ankles 10 games into the season.
          Also their coaching sucks ass. Their too offensive minded

Comment

• theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
            http://www.nba.com/raptors/raptors-live

BC, Acy, Ross, and Casey press conference
            Hilarious question about Acy's number!!

Comment

• what was it?
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• One thing you can say about Colangelo is that he didn't make his decisions based on popular opinion, which can be a problem for a GM that is looking for a long-term contract. If he had wanted to please fans who have mostly not seen any of the draft prospects play or work out, he could have probably traded back a fair way and taken someone like Lamb or Harkness or Marshall. He obviously felt strongly that none of those were in the same class as Ross. Time will tell, but I like that he stuck with his convictions rather than taking the easy way. He could also have chosen Quincy Miller over Acy, but he must have felt that Miller just wouldn't put it together. Again, he might be wrong, but he didn't take the easy route just to please fans for a few hours and days.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                  what was it?
                  At the end of the presser, after the questions were done, the players were about to get their jerseys. One of the reporters said he had one last question..."Quincy, any thoughts on the significance of the number you'll be wearing? He was a popular player" Ross and Acy look at eachother with no clue, finally casey catches on and smiles....Number 4!

Comment

• haha awesome
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• And apparently Acy and Bosh played on the same AAU team, where the coach made any good players wear number 4.

Comment

• At least one site liked our picks, nbadraft.net gave the draft an A for the Raps:

Toronto clearly went with the guy who they thought was the best on the board. Ross has so many NBA qualities that it's easy to understand how they could pass on Austin Rivers. Ross was one of our favorite players and could become the top SG from this year's class. He should turn out to be an excellent pick for the Raptors, blending with Demar Derozan at the 2/3 positions. Quincy Acy also has a lot of likeable qualities with a high motor and a huge wingspan.
                        “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                        ― John Wooden

Comment

• I thought I saw that Ross for 6'6" and 200lbs. Even if he puts on another 20lbs at that size he can only be an NBA SG I think.

Acy reminds be more of Joel Anthony than Reggie Evans with the big wing span.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                            I thought I saw that Ross for 6'6" and 200lbs. Even if he puts on another 20lbs at that size he can only be an NBA SG I think.

Acy reminds be more of Joel Anthony than Reggie Evans with the big wing span.
                            I disagree if he puts on 20lbs he could guard 3's in this league
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Have any resident ESPN Insiders read Chad Ford's blurb and grade assigned to the Raptors draft?

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                I disagree if he puts on 20lbs he could guard 3's in this league
                                Casey said in the press conference today that DeMar has bulked up to where he can guard SF, or soon will be. I still don't fully buy it, but it seems that this is at least the direction they are moving with Ross at SG and DeMar at SF.
                                http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Working...
                                X