No announcement yet.

Canadian Prospects in NCAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another guy to watch for is former Kansas commit Kevin Thomas, he had to go the JuCo route after not being qualifier out of one of Ro Russel's schools in teh states. He is a Junior at Troy and is putting up 13 abd 8 with a block and a steal on 55% shooting from teh field
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
      I don't understand this situation, I thought they just red-shirted him since they are deep at that position.

There are even more Canadians doing well that might not get NBA consideration, but are worth following.

Mullings - NMSU (Bhullar if you swing that way)
      D. Ennis - Villanova
      Post - Missouri
      Ejim - Iowa State, Long is on the team too.

Can't think of any other Canadian who is featured on their team, but we are everywhere.

Also, Birch is a bust I doubt he gets drafted.
      X did was a non qualifier this year, some of his high school courses were questioned...some bad advice by mentors I think.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
        X did was a non qualifier this year, some of his high school courses were questioned...some bad advice by mentors I think.
        Did he not take the same courses as Wiggins at Huntington? I wonder if there is a double-standard. Also, Pierre at Dayton is also playing an important role for that team. Kansas, NMSU, Texas and Gonzaga are the teams I am following this year.
        -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
        -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Wasn't XRM one of those prep players that was under the tutelage of Ro Russell in North Carolina that the NCAA took exception to the academics being provided?

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
            Wasn't XRM one of those prep players that was under the tutelage of Ro Russell in North Carolina that the NCAA took exception to the academics being provided?
            That is where the problem was, not at Huntington.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

This 7'5 senior seems enticing, at least for a second round flyer.
              "Bruno?
              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                This 7'5 senior seems enticing, at least for a second round flyer.
                Sim Bhullar? He's actually a sophomore this year. I think he'll stay in college all 4 years. He's got low mobility, and conditioning was an issue but he made massive improvements last year (going from getting winded playing 15 minutes, to playing 30+ minutes on back-to-back nights by the end of the season). There's also the question of how long his knees hold up with his sort of bulk. My guess is that he goes undrafted, and with his family still in the Toronto area, they'd probably be his first choice if they gave him a summer-league tryout.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                  Sim Bhullar? He's actually a sophomore this year. I think he'll stay in college all 4 years. He's got low mobility, and conditioning was an issue but he made massive improvements last year (going from getting winded playing 15 minutes, to playing 30+ minutes on back-to-back nights by the end of the season). There's also the question of how long his knees hold up with his sort of bulk. My guess is that he goes undrafted, and with his family still in the Toronto area, they'd probably be his first choice if they gave him a summer-league tryout.
                  He red shirted his true freshman year, like his brother is doing this season, so it will be 5 years in college 4 years of ball. Dude, might have improved his conditioning, but he is nowhere near NBA fit. He makes Aaaron Gray look like Ty Lawson. Also, I always thought it would be neat if he went to Sacramento considering the owner wants to make an impact in his native India. But, if dude can't play ball, he won't even sniff summer league.
                  -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                  -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Nik Stauskus
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                      Nik Stauskus
                      How about last night? Zero field goals in 34 minutes against Duke.

Comment

He was probably just tired from being so Canadian and awesome in the previous six games...and on the seventh he rested.
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                          He was probably just tired from being so Canadian and awesome in the previous six games...and on the seventh he rested.
                          So there are biblical implications, here.

Comment

This was his first game back after an ankle injury, he was not 100% and played more of a facilitating role in that game.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Another solid game from Keving Pangos of Gonzaga with 18 points and 4 assists. What surprises me is that not many ppl are talking about this kid i wonder why can anyone shed a light on this

Comment

yukhan1980 wrote: View Post
                                Another solid game from Keving Pangos of Gonzaga with 18 points and 4 assists. What surprises me is that not many ppl are talking about this kid i wonder why can anyone shed a light on this
                                He played poorly (to his standards) for 3/4 of the game, had a stretch late when he hit 3 3's in a row, he can flat out shoot the ball.

I don't think he gets much love because he has short arms, is just 6', not a great athlete, not a great defender.....but the kid just wins.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X